Home Sweet Home - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2017, 05:31 PM   #41
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
We were the unlucky guinea pigs for this situation when we picked up our 5.0 in September. Trademasters installed our Patriot 16K further forward in the Ford F150 5.5 foot bed than they had previously done and Reace had to install a slider hitch to accommodate. This put me (Jan) in a bit of a panic as the last thing we wanted to deal with was the pain in the donkey's bottom process of changing the slider hitch position every time we wanted to back up. As a testament to the wonderful customer service at ETI, when I left a message with Tammy about installing an automatic slider Reace called us right back and explained we could just leave the slider in the rear position all the time. A friend of ours who is a long haul trucker looked at our setup and confirmed that Reace indeed knew what he was talking about when he evaluated this as being safe.
I would always encourage someone thinking about a 5.0 to discuss the hitch setup with Reace before proceeding just to make sure it will all work out.
SpokanEscape,
I am sorry to hear this, after I had gotten off the phone with Trade masters, I called Tammy and relayed the information I received from Trade masters. I mentioned that it might be a good idea to inform potential 5.0TA customers wanting a fix position hitch of Trade masters new policy but never heard back.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:57 PM   #42

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Essentially we do have a fixed hitch since it is left in the rear position and I have no issues with how Escape handled this. I think Ford changed some specs with the 2016 F150 so that Trademasters was no longer able to install the 5th wheel hitch in the position they had always done before.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:08 PM   #43
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
Essentially we do have a fixed hitch since it is left in the rear position and I have no issues with how Escape handled this. I think Ford changed some specs with the 2016 F150 so that Trademasters was no longer able to install the 5th wheel hitch in the position they had always done before.
Oh I did not know ford changed things on the 2016, well as long as it work and you are happy thats all that matters. Do you mined sharing the back of cab to center of hitch in the forward and rear positions so others will know ?
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:20 PM   #44

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Maybe in a couple of weeks when it warms up lol!
Old 01-31-2017, 06:53 PM   #45

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinKnocker View Post
Oh I did not know ford changed things on the 2016, well as long as it work and you are happy thats all that matters. Do you mined sharing the back of cab to center of hitch in the forward and rear positions so others will know ?
I think the change was on the 2015 when they switched to the aluminum body. I know when I had my Patriot mounts installed on the new 2015 we bought last April, they had to use special brackets and spacers to ensure no steel/aluminum contact. At least I didn't have to worry about just where the hitch was placed since I have the 6.6 bed.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #46

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
We bought the stair treads at camping world on sale, Decorian 8 Inch Step Hugger they have Velcro on back for no slip.
Hi Tin, last year we saw these stair treads at Camping World but decided against them due to the length of the bottom step. I am wondering if you just cut it to fit or did you cut and put a border on?

ps. Still happy with them? Thanks
Attached Images