How many escape owners Not retired ? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2017, 01:47 AM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
I read that same study, motivated me to retire early at 55 with a greatly reduced pension, and I would do it again!

Money can buy medical care, but it can't buy health! And as Leon says, caskets don't have pockets.
Both hubby and I are 47 years old and I told him I'm planning to retire at 55 (hopefully he joins me and doesn't keep working till 65!). Life is too short and the sooner one gets out there enjoying it, the better. I'm glad we decided to order the Escape sooner than later...not long to wait now!
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:46 AM   #42

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Katzam29, I love your profile pic/avatar. Add in a 3-legged Mexican Dalmatian and a newly acquired Lab/Great Dane cross and you have my household!
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:48 AM   #43

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
We are hopefully only about 9 years from retiring, but wanted to go ahead and get our Escape so that we could start using it. We did not get it until August of 2016, and I think we ended up going out 4 or 5 weekends. This year, we already have long weekends booked for March, April, May, June and July, and will definitely do 2 or 3 more in the fall. We are fortunate to live 5 minutes from a very nice start park, so that helps.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:06 AM   #44

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Blhvet, thanks for the compliment! The chocolate lab is Holly who is crazy for chasing her ball and the black lab is Knight who will never pass up a good meal anywhere! We look forward to taking them camping when our new Escape arrives...lots of trips planned for this year.
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:15 AM   #45

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
This thread confirms my suspicion that many Escape owners are "seasoned" and that is reflected in the appreciation of quality over bottom line cost. Many other trailers can give you a much better $$$/space ratio, but they certainly don't have the appeal. Kind of a unique situation here...I am only 37 and far from retirement but have "partnered" on the Escape with my parents. They are both 69 and retired. We both have tow vehicles that are equipped to tow the trailer and we live pretty close so it is easy for both of us to use. We will sometimes overlap on trips where they go out ahead and enjoy a few days and then I'll bring the family out and then I'll tow the trailer home or vice versa. We will be doing that this summer for a week long trip to Hershey, PA. My father also boondocks for a month plus off of Lake Erie in Oct/Nov to steelhead fish. We have fun doing modifications to the trailer together and making it even better than stock. It has been very enjoyable to have such a nice trailer while the kids (and in my parents case - grand kids) are young. We also still get out and tent camp occasionally. The only regret my father has is not getting an Escape sooner! The idea of postponing certain things and assuming retirement is perfectly healthy and wealthy is a bad gamble as many have pointed out. DO IT NOW!!
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #46

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
This thread confirms my suspicion that many Escape owners are "seasoned" and that is reflected in the appreciation of quality over bottom line cost. Many other trailers can give you a much better $$$/space ratio, but they certainly don't have the appeal. Kind of a unique situation here...I am only 37 and far from retirement but have "partnered" on the Escape with my parents. They are both 69 and retired. We both have tow vehicles that are equipped to tow the trailer and we live pretty close so it is easy for both of us to use. We will sometimes overlap on trips where they go out ahead and enjoy a few days and then I'll bring the family out and then I'll tow the trailer home or vice versa. We will be doing that this summer for a week long trip to Hershey, PA. My father also boondocks for a month plus off of Lake Erie in Oct/Nov to steelhead fish. We have fun doing modifications to the trailer together and making it even better than stock. It has been very enjoyable to have such a nice trailer while the kids (and in my parents case - grand kids) are young. We also still get out and tent camp occasionally. The only regret my father has is not getting an Escape sooner! The idea of postponing certain things and assuming retirement is perfectly healthy and wealthy is a bad gamble as many have pointed out. DO IT NOW!!
What an excellent family arrangement! Good on you! Frankly I am surprised that you are "only" 37. Your contributions to this forum show a wisdom normally displayed by more "seasoned" folks. I wish you a long and happy life.

Arnie
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:41 PM   #47

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I am only 37 and far from retirement but have "partnered" on the Escape with my parents. They are both 69 and retired.
You are 3 years younger than my oldest, and your parents are 10 years older than me.

Nice deal you have with your parents. Too many travel trailers get under utilized. Camping together would be the only problem.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:47 PM   #48

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
I retired 6 years 9 months ago, but who's counting. DW/SWMBO has not, though that may change soon enough, possibly before we pick up our 21 in May and head to the rally. We love being out and about, camping and traveling in general. Glamping has become our thing and the trailer is the ultimate in doing so.

Our trip back with the trailer will be via several National Parks along the way will be approximately 4 weeks. Our plan after that is to go out on one long trip per year and weekends to various state parks and enjoy.

I have found that one should enjoy oneself now, for the future holds no guarantee on what one will be able to do or afford. As the saying goes "Life is too short so enjoy dessert first."
Old 01-23-2017, 04:24 PM   #49

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I'm not yet retired hope to retire in the next 4-5 years. i camp when I can- three day trips a couple long ones a year. I bought a 17 B. I was not sure if i would use it -never camped in a trailer before - but i really enjoy it so this year I'm ordering a larger one- not sure which model.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
... but i really enjoy it so this year I'm ordering a larger one- not sure which model.
C'mon already, Kate. Flip a coin!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #51

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
I'm not yet retired hope to retire in the next 4-5 years. i camp when I can- three day trips a couple long ones a year. I bought a 17 B. I was not sure if i would use it -never camped in a trailer before - but i really enjoy it so this year I'm ordering a larger one- not sure which model.
Logically, you should move up from the 17B to the 19'. That would allow you to move up from the 19' to the 21' a few years later. Best of luck with your choices.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:39 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
Logically, you should move up from the 17B to the 19'. That would allow you to move up from the 19' to the 21' a few years later. Best of luck with your choices.
Yeah, but she really wants a 5.0TA.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:05 PM   #53
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Yeah, but she really wants a 5.0TA.
Go big or stay home!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:23 PM   #54

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
we aren't retired BUT live in our Escape 6+ months of the year traveling around WORKING!!! LTD baby- Living The Dream.

A bigger trailer that accommodates the whole tribe might give you the intensive to use it. ALOT! Good Luck!

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:17 AM   #55

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
What an excellent family arrangement! Good on you! Frankly I am surprised that you are "only" 37. Your contributions to this forum show a wisdom normally displayed by more "seasoned" folks. I wish you a long and happy life.

Arnie
Thank you for the kind words.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #56

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Thanks for all the replies
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote