How much customization is Escape willing to do? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #1

Trailer: None yet
How much customization is Escape willing to do?

As an example, would they install lithium batteries and much more solar panels than what is stated on their website as an option? Would they install danfoss based fridge in place of the 2 (or is it 3) way fridge?

Thanks much!
yhbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
The only way to know for sure, would be to contact Escape to find out. We could do lots of speculating here, but that just leads to confusion. If you do find out for certain though, it would be great to know what is said.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
what Jim said.

ETI did at one time offer to add more solar panels (with associated pricing), but haven't heard of anyone doing that lately.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:50 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 21'
We had them install 2 solar panels AND the solar ready wiring/plug to our 21'.
A little overkill maybe, but we plan on full timing and boon docking, and need our computers to make a living.
Maury&Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #5

Trailer: None yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maury&Julie View Post
We had them install 2 solar panels AND the solar ready wiring/plug to our 21'.
A little overkill maybe, but we plan on full timing and boon docking, and need our computers to make a living.
What sized solar panels did you get?
yhbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Although I agree that authoritative information beats speculation, I believe that in previous queries Escape was willing to ship a trailer with the stock refrigerator not installed, but was not willing to install an alternate appliance (such as a compressor-type refrigerator).

Again from previous discussions, I think the conclusion regarding alternative batteries was to take just the basic stock Group 27 flooded lead-acid battery, but in the larger battery box if that's what your preferred configuration will require, then swap out the batteries yourself after taking possession. This particularly makes sense with lithium batteries, since the value of the stock battery (even if you never used it and gave it away) is trivial compared to the price of a lithium setup. You would need to consider what (if anything) you would need to change in the way of battery charging hardware (the converter and any solar charger) to work with a lithium battery.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:12 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Don't assume a Group 27 will give you a box big enough for dual 6 volt. A Group 29 has, but not in all cases. To be safe one should request the larger box if not including the dual 6 Volts during build.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:34 AM   #8

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Don't assume a Group 27 will give you a box big enough for dual 6 volt. A Group 29 has, but not in all cases. To be safe one should request the larger box if not including the dual 6 Volts during build.
I agree. That's what I was saying, although maybe I wasn't clear:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
... take just the basic stock Group 27 flooded lead-acid battery, but in the larger battery box if that's what your preferred configuration will require, then swap out the batteries yourself after taking possession
The 17' uses a small box for one battery or two separate boxes for dual 6-volt on the rear bumper, so there is no "one big box" option to get from Escape. If you want a custom battery setup later, there's nothing for Escape to do - you just install whatever box you need when you change the batteries.

The 19' uses a small box for one battery or two separate boxes for dual 6-volt on the tongue, so again there is no "one big box" option to get from Escape. If the front cargo box is purchased, it replaces the individual plastic battery boxes, and would accommodate a non-standard battery setup without any custom work by Escape.

The 21' and 5.0TA use a battery box in the interior. These are the models for which the larger box (usually used for the dual 6-volt battery option) could be ordered, with just the basic Group 27 battery in it.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:24 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
My build came with a group 29 battery that was placed in a group 27 box. When I recently changed out my group 29 battery with 2 six volts, I had to purchase 2 new battery boxes. Not a lot of money, but still something I had to do.