How much water do you use per day? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 02-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #11
Trailer: ?
Originally Posted by yhbae View Post
Lets say that you are a couple, wanting to take a short shower once a day. How fast are we expected to use up that 20g water from the freshwater tank?

If you are staying at the same spot for a month or more, do you frequently have to tow the trailer to the dump station to dump/re-fill? We are assuming there's no water hook-up of course.
My wife and I spent 8 days doing some kayaking at a remote site last summer. We were in/at the trailer for 5 days and 6 nights. For drinking water we use the commercial 5 gal jugs with a hand pump on the top. The water in our fresh water tank was used for dishes, toilet flushes and we each got in 2 showers. I added 5 gal of water to our trip to top up our supply, so you can figure somewhere between 20 and 25 gallons. Because the campsite had spots to dump dishwater the grey tank really only had misc washing and 4 showers drained into it so there was still capacity. The toilet was only used at night and after 6 nights the black tank (14 gal version) was pretty much full.

Eugene We is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #12
Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
I only use my portable tank for in-campground dump sites, usually no more than a few hundred yards from my campsite. I've never used it for black water. It's not too hard to keep track of the fill rate if you position it right and look in the hose hole, and keep your other hand on the gate valve.

Plan B, at least for me: I've occasionally used the exterior shower (with a swimsuit on!) to keep the gray tank from filling too fast. Same result as if you're tent camping and using a solar shower outside.

Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #13
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Got ya. I don't recall ever having to dump because the grey water was full. Wash dishes outside if possible. Brief shower ( mostly the hair ) outside, standing on an all-weather mat from the RAV4.
As for the black tank, I now keep an empty four liter RV antifreeze container in the bathroom for liquid ( I don't insist the Old Bag use it ). That I can dump at the campground outhouse in the morning.

2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote