I put my deposit in today - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2019, 10:02 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19
I put my deposit in today

So excited! I put my deposit in today for my Escape 19. I'll get delivery in mid July. So much to plan for now. We'll be driving to Chilliwack this summer to pick it up! Couple of silly questions for everybody... 1. Do I want/need a foot flush toilet. What's the benefit I get with it? 2. Do I need a toilet shut off valve? Thanks everybody!
SHolderfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHolderfield View Post
So excited! I put my deposit in today for my Escape 19. I'll get delivery in mid July. So much to plan for now. We'll be driving to Chilliwack this summer to pick it up! Couple of silly questions for everybody... 1. Do I want/need a foot flush toilet. What's the benefit I get with it? 2. Do I need a toilet shut off valve? Thanks everybody!
1) Yes
2) Yes
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:29 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
The toilet shut-off valve will make your life MUCH easier if you ever have a toilet leak. It lets you shut off water just to the toilet but still have water running to everything else in the camper (galley, shower, bath sink, outside shower). As for the foot flush, it's personal preference. My wife wanted it, and it works for me. Some say the side handle makes it easier for them to clean the black water tank, but I've never encountered any problems using either the hand flush in our EggCamper or the foot flush in our Escape.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Do you have a foot flush at home? Nor do I. I have problems balancing on one foot while using the other to press a lever, so I'd not want it.
As for toilet shut off, yes, for reasons given in previous post.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:35 AM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I've had both flushers, got the foot flush in the Escape cause I didn't like bending over for the low toilet in the Starcraft. Ended up a moot point as the toilet is raised in the Escape. It is a bit awkward to press the foot flush as it is raised along with the toilet, but not near as much as folks make it sound.

To keep the toilet valve open for cleaning the black tank, one can wedge something in on the upper handle or use a Johnny Chock https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Product.../dp/B000BGOJ32 . For the foot flush you can hold it with your hand or foot. I use a home made "T" that works like the Johnny Chock, even with the foot flush. it's just easier when dumping a pail of water down.

Don't know what others do, but after I dump and flush out the tanks I dump a pail of clean water into the black tank along with some Happy Camper deodorizer.

If I were to order another, I'd probably get the hand flush model but they both do the job.

As far as the water shut off goes, it doesn't hurt to have one and would sure help on the off chance your toilet starts to leak. Think of not having shutoffs on your home toilet, without it you'd have to use the main whole house shutoff. I added one after I had the trailer, you can also use it to adjust the water flow to the toilet,
Old 03-06-2019, 06:24 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
As far as the water shut off goes, it doesn't hurt to have one and would sure help on the off chance your toilet starts to leak. Think of not having shutoffs on your home toilet, without it you'd have to use the main whole house shutoff. I added one after I had the trailer, you can also use it to adjust the water flow to the toilet,
Another reason to get the water shut off to the toilet is if you boondock and fresh water will be at a premium, you can leach off the gray water and use that to flush the toilet.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:31 AM   #7

Hadn't thought of that, good to keep in mind. One of those 2 birds with 1 stone things.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:30 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape 19
Thanks everybody!
SHolderfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:51 AM   #9

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
Does the galley, shower, hand sink, and outdoor shower come with shut offs? I understand shut offs are a good idea, I'm trying to understand why its only an option listed for the toilet? Thanks!
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:53 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfschu View Post
Does the galley, shower, hand sink, and outdoor shower come with shut offs? I understand shut offs are a good idea, I'm trying to understand why its only an option listed for the toilet? Thanks!
No. they do not come standard with shut offs. I bought my own to install, but have yet to tackle it due to health reasons.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:28 AM   #11

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
Thanks Jim! I wish you a speedy return to health!
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:30 AM   #12

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Remember when? :)

Quote:
Can you imagine there was a time when you could make a deposit in March for delivery in July - of the same year!?!!? #Patience.
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
Can you imagine there was a time when you could make a deposit in March for delivery in July - of the same year!?!!? #Patience.
And we thought it was a long wait.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:04 AM   #14

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I have foot flush- mixed feelings. It gets dirty when you use your foot to flush it. Sort of convenient, sort of not.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:38 AM   #15

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
Brilliant
Hergertp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:59 AM   #16

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
50/50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Do you have a foot flush at home? Nor do I. I have problems balancing on one foot while using the other to press a lever, so I'd not want it.
As for toilet shut off, yes, for reasons given in previous post.
I would agree with Glenn and others. shut off valve Yes .
Foot flush No
One of the few things we don’t have on our 21 is the light over the front box. I think I’d like one of those, especially in exchange for the foot flush. We have the outside light on both long sides of the trailer, I like that.
Iowa Dave
Old 11-01-2020, 11:04 AM   #17

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hard to imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
Also when there was a discount for winter built trailers to keep the crew working. And I remember when going to the grocery store when it didn’t look like you were at a fashionista bank robbers convention too.
My facial recognition login on my phone doesn’t work anymore. Gotta use the code.
Iowa Dave