Ice - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #1

Trailer: ?
Smile Ice

As our summer travel begins, as part of our departure checklist I’m reviewing and updating our travel emergency plans. My wife deals with more medical issues than the Hydra has heads so our plans are more detailed than most, but…

1) Emergency contacts. Your cell phone most likely has a provision to allow first responders to access your in-case-of-emergency (ICE) contacts even if your phone is locked. If you cannot communicate , first responders will search for your phone looking for your ICE contacts. In addition, is your ICE list typed up and in your glove box and posted in the trailer? They will also look there.

2) If you travel with a companion, could that person hook up the trailer and drive home if you were not there? If not, what’s the getting home plan if you can’t drive?

3) Out-of-country medical problem? What’s the plan? What does your insurance cover?

4) Medical insurance coverage and cost for out-of-network providers. What’s the deal? Preauthorization for care required?

5) Where are you? Do you file an approximate‘ flight plan ‘ with anyone? If you never show up at your destination, where should the posse begin the search? Does everyone in your group know how to use their cellphone or GPS device to determine their location? Not important if you are in a formal campground where you can simply ask someone the name of the campground but quite important if boondocking or stoping overnight in a rest area, or similar.

From my scout days.
Be prepared.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:35 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Some good questions to consider. I would add, in case of an accident, do you have road service for your trailer and tow vehicle? Another involves pets with embedded id tags, make sure your cell phone is listed, not your home number, if the pet escapes.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Another involves pets with embedded id tags, make sure your cell phone is listed, not your home number, if the pet escapes.
Good point. And the pets should have tags showing that mobile number as well, so that anyone who finds them in the campground or at another stop can contact you without having to take the animal to a facility where the embedded ID can be scanned and the same information looked up online.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:16 PM   #4

Trailer: ?
Dog photo ID.
I made a photo ID for the dogs. Originally three, but now one.
I took a good picture, printed it out, laid it on the copier with their current health record from the vet and made several copies.
That way, should we become separated, I could post copies around, give one to the police, animal control place, etc. with the hope of retrieving the lost critter. Never needed it thankfully.

Once when we entered Canada, I handed the women our passports and the dog photo ID. She smiled and said that was the first dog passport she had ever seen. Had I thought of it, I would have put a paw print on her passport to make it official.

Ed
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote