If you could do it again, what would be different? - Page 13 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #241

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
That is exactly what I made for BlackJack, the "U" dinette is now a lounge area that allows two to raise their feet and sit back and relax.
Do you use the cushions at the back,under the wondows very much?
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #242

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
The U shape with an extra filler board from ETI for $100 makes a big difference. When we got home we had another one made for when we want the Uber Lounge. In hindsight I would have rather ETI make both- the space isn't square for measuring the board cuts.
Could you just use the table for the uber lounge rathet yhan 2 filler boards?
What kind of cushion did you use for the second filler board?
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:22 PM   #243

Trailer: 2016 21' - "Escapee"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
If you could guess what side would be less annoying to have just one of those tables - would it be stove side or fridge side (in a 21')

FWIIW we will get the rear driver side exterior hatch to get to the space under there, on the driver side. So maybe we put the one flip down table by the fridge?
Yes, I would definitely say on the fridge side would be better, since you can get to that space easily from the outside. We did the driver side exterior hatch too, so I left that table and removed the one on the stove side.

Makes putting the table down much easier. Now I can easily lift up the left cushion and push down the table with it offset toward that side just enough so it doesn't catch the edge of the cushion on the right. Then when it hits the wood on the left, slide it to the right and under the cushion, then the last 1/2" down and lock the pedestal.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:44 PM   #244

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
Could you just use the table for the uber lounge rathet yhan 2 filler boards?
What kind of cushion did you use for the second filler board?
That is what we are doing now that we installed the Springfield pedestal and made a custom table that is 23x35. When we got home from pickup we had a second cushion made with leftover fabric ETI gave us. It cost us $100, so have ETI do it. Another 21 owner had one double cushion made by ETI at Reace's suggestion so that could be another way to go, however it may be easier to stow two smaller ones and sometimes we put them behind our back to move us closer to the table.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:53 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph & Paulette View Post
We ordered 3 of the small fold-down tables on our 21 - one by the door, and one on each side of the dinette. We have never used the ones on each side of the dinette, and they make it harder to raise up the cushions to get to the storage underneath or to put the table down, so I would leave those two off.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk
We used ours exclusively for over a year before adding the dining table. Removing the bottom cushions does require that you pull them up and towards the rear of the trailer but that is not an issue for us. With the dining table now in place we still use them- especially when we are lounging in the morning with coffee.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:59 PM   #246

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
......especially when we are lounging in the morning with coffee.
I don't think I have ever had a coffee inside a trailer.......yet!

Who knows what the future will bring. Maybe with a more loungy area.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #247

I wake up between 5:30-6 AM and start grinding coffee. Most places we camp coffee would get cold immediately outside. We kick on the heater and wipe off the condensation(yes Virginia there is condensation on dual pane windows) and watch the day come alive.

Just got this little helper from our local SLO Roast Coffee: GSI Java Mill $30.
Attached Thumbnails
java mill.jpg  
Old 07-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #248

We use insulated cups if needed, and drink the coffee fast.

The Orphan espresso Lido 3 is the coffee grinder I now use when camping or travelling. Yes it is pricey, but it beats even my home electric grinder in grind consistency. I have used a few different manual grinders, and the ease of use of this grinder far surpasses any of the others, and works way faster too.

I always laugh at the fact that I use a $195 grinder and a $40 coffee maker with the AeroPress. (both prices in USD)

Click on photo for link.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #249

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: GringoandTica... Nothing...We've already had our second chance spending our children's inheritance. Nada ting. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I would love to hear what options you chose in your Escape.
Nancy
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:58 PM   #250

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
I would love to hear what options you chose in your Escape.
Nancy
Hi: The Quilting Lady... I'll try to list them for you.
2X hot water heater,
3 burner stove,
A/C... 11,000 BTU,
4 Al. rims,
Bike rack ready,
Counter ext. off sink,
12V grp 29 batt.,
ext. shower,.
ext. access hatch,
propane quick connect w/hose,
LED int. lights,
3 LED ext. porch lights,
microwave oven,
2 propane tanks filled,
removable power cord,
solar panel & charger,
screen room,
stereo,
stove cover,
2X insulation upgrade no thermal windows,
King Jack TV antenna,
wall mount ext. arm,
custom formica 7732-58 butter rum w/ brown tr.,
U-shaped dinette,
5th. wh. hitch lock. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 03:29 PM   #251

Well, I will be doing it over, but with a different model going from the 19 to the 5.0TA.

Changes I would make:
- No stereo. I had a stereo in the last trailer which worked great inside, but only inside. I will be providing something portable in the next one.
- Solar. It was not even available, but I am pretty sure I will get it this time around.
- Surge Protector . Same as above.
- Bath window. Same as above.
- Aluminum rims. Same as above
- A/C. We really did not need it in our 19, other than maybe 1/2 dozen times in over 6 years. As we plan longer trips which include the deep south, we will get it this time.
- Exterior shower. Ours got used less than 10 times, just way too inconvenient. I will be installing one on the 5.0, but on the passenger side, as far back in the dinette as possible. We cook outside a lot, and it will be more handy there.
- High lift axle. Had it, but don't think it is necessary. We travel a bunch of back road, and never come close to bottoming out the rear end.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:00 PM   #252

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Good question if we'd order anything differently. A lot of our options were wish list items when we ordered in April 2015 for Nov 2015 completion, but as the exchange rate kept rising we kept adding the wish list items.
Only thing I can even think of that I'd do differently is I'd leave off the Escape 19 decal on the front rock guard. Now that we've camped quite a few trips in it, it is tricked out just how we need it to be.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:13 PM   #253

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
I love my 2016 19 footer

Wouldn't change a thing. It is camping after all. Not supposed to be perfect.
Old 07-16-2016, 06:25 PM   #254

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
We would do the following different:
No side tables in the dinette; put a 12 volt (cigarette lighter) near the TV for easier access in the dinette area; should have traded the mattress out in the beginning and bought our memory foam from the get-go rather than trading it out later; no need for quick connect on the outside for bbq grill; have the back window so that it opens (we have a 5.0TA); would have given more thought to the shelves needed in the cupboards; would delete the mosquito net room for the outside.
Things we really like: 3 burner stove/oven;reinforced walls to hand TV and Umbro hooks; raised floor under the dinner table (short legged spouse!); lots of plugs and outlets; open windows at the bed on either side; lights above bed for on either side; solar, solar, solar; aluminum wheels; trac LED lighting under canopy; foot flush toilet; AC, AC, AC (live in Texas); inverter/converter; two extra sewer cylinder holders under the 5.0 TA to hold my fishing rods; extra exterior light on the drivers side; outdoor shower; outside electrical outlet; extra undercarriage insulation. Hope this help you.
Tom
Old 08-06-2016, 11:51 PM   #255

Trailer: 2017 F250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
Options I would delete:
- I have the reading lights above the bed in my 21. I never use them. They might be more useful to me in the dinette area, though.
Options I would add:
- A hard-wired rear view camera. At first I thought I could do without it, but more recently I've been in situations where it would really help. I have installed a wifi rear-view camera but the screen updates slowly, limiting its usefulness.

I currently use a camplite travel trailer (5.0 on order ) that is all aluminum. I use a Rearview Safety (RVS) rear view camera which is on when I drive. (I believe RVS is the current vendor used by Escape) I had a problem with slow video/ freezing frames. RVS gave me a magnetic external antenna on a long wire. It solved the problem.
Little Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:31 AM   #256
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
[QUOTE=Little Richie;154755]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
Options I would delete:
- I have the reading lights above the bed in my 21. I never use them. They might be more useful to me in the dinette area, though.

Options I would add:
- A hard-wired rear view camera. At first I thought I could do without it, but more recently I've been in situations where it would really help. I have installed a wifi rear-view camera but the screen updates slowly, limiting its usefulness.

I currently use a camplite travel trailer (5.0 on order ) that is all aluminum. I use a Rearview Safety (RVS) rear view camera which is on when I drive. (I believe RVS is the current vendor used by Escape) I had a problem with slow video/ freezing frames. RVS gave me a magnetic external antenna on a long wire. It solved the problem.
TADI Brothers is the ETI supplier; works great. You get what you pay for. I found the RVS system performed poorly myself and returned it.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:14 AM   #257

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbill View Post
I am building a 17B. Will the lounge idea work well on that model also? I will travel alone mostly but will have occasional guests. Does it still convert to a bed easily if needed? Where does the filler board store? i love the idea. Thank you for sharing the photos.

I have a 17A and my filler board is stored in the rear drivers side overhead cabinet. It fits perfectly there and came from the factory that way. For what its worth ... I have never used it.

Tom
Old 08-07-2016, 06:32 AM   #258

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Richie View Post
I may have the same system-- the software is called GoVue from Rear View Safety. I had to replace its antenna with a directional wifi antenna to get it to work at all. I use the wifi camera with a Samsung tablet that is held in a floor mount in my Tacoma. It will tell me if there is a car directly behind me, so I guess it will do. I'll take a trip with it before deciding to move the antenna forward or try something else.

If I were ordering a trailer today, though, I'd get a hardwired camera.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #259

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Glad to see your take on a few things, particularly the high lift axle. I am wondering if the change in center of gravity will be worth the slight extra clearance. Will be looking for opinions on this.
Brookfielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #260

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
[QUOTE=tractors1;154758]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Richie View Post
TADI Brothers is the ETI supplier; works great. You get what you pay for. I found the RVS system performed poorly myself and returned it.
ETI has recently switched to a RVS (newer design, maybe?) model now.

ETI now uses the RVS-2CAM - at least they are now, while our 21' is being built.

They said they did this as the RVS-2CAM performs the best, from their findings.

The RVS-2CAM performs very poorly with a metal trailer, like an Airstream, from what I have read....
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote