If you could do it again, what would be different? - Page 15 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #141

Trailer: 1997 Casita 17ft Liberty
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I guess I'm lucky or blessed or whatever when it comes to that - I really love my job. Of course, I still look forward to retirement.
Interesting...I really love my job as well, in fact this current one is the most enjoyable one I've had. But one of the great things about life now is that I'm on a count-down (9 mos). It's really exhilarating to know that this is the last job, and I don't have to worry any more about what comes next, at least in terms of work for pay.

Josh

Josh.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:08 PM   #142

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Congrats on your impending retirement...you'll notice some changes over the first year or so including probably being able to sleep later!

Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:17 PM   #143
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.W View Post
Interesting...I really love my job as well, in fact this current one is the most enjoyable one I've had. But one of the great things about life now is that I'm on a count-down (9 mos). It's really exhilarating to know that this is the last job, and I don't have to worry any more about what comes next, at least in terms of work for pay.

Josh
I'm right there with YOU! I just had my 1:1 performace review (yearly) with my manager. I'm really good at what I do and I kinda like my job, but am ready for the NEXT chapter in my life. ooooh, what's around the NEXT corner!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:24 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm right there with YOU! I just had my 1:1 performace review (yearly) with my manager. I'm really good at what I do and I kinda like my job, but am ready for the NEXT chapter in my life. ooooh, what's around the NEXT corner!
Thanks Rossue and Donna! And I agree, I'm pretty good at what I do as well, despite constant worries about whether I'm really doing a good job. I had a great annual review last September, and what I think may make some of us "getting-close-to-retirement" folks even better at what we do as that we are very excited about life being good. We also tend to be a lot freer about voicing our opinions and generating new ideas; it's just a general feeling of relief, so let's go for it, nothing to lose, nothing to fear.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:36 PM   #145
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Gave my last boss 4 months notice when I retired. Best 4 months of my entire working career handing off my projects.......

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:42 PM   #146
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.W View Post
....... it's just a general feeling of relief, so let's go for it, nothing to lose, nothing to fear.
Yeppers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LikeButton.jpg (23.1 KB, 427 views)
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:33 PM   #147

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ginger (2015 5.0TA) is on her way to Quartzsite right now. She'll be at Dome Rock for the rally. Anne is there in her 17' and I don't know how many others. I do know there's right at 100 all molded towables camping and having fun!
I'll be in Quartzite Feb 4-8th. If you're interested in seeing a 5.0TA, just stop by or PM me for my number.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:33 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Gave my last boss 4 months notice when I retired. Best 4 months of my entire working career handing off my projects.......
My boss actually asked me one night what my plans were, so I ended up giving about 11 mos notice. That was about three months ago and I'm still here, so my trust was well placed. That's one of the reasons I love this job. Some places I've worked could easily have said, oh, Josh is already planning to leave, might as well let him go early. Good company and good people.

Maybe I should stay! Naaaaaaaaaa....
Old 01-29-2015, 09:39 PM   #149

Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerh View Post
I'll be in Quartzite Feb 4-8th. If you're interested in seeing a 5.0TA, just stop by or PM me for my number.
Hi Ginger,

Yes! That's absolutely great. Our house is in Yuma. I work in Phoenix but go home for weekends. We would definitely like to come visit. Best for us would probably be Saturday the 7th in the afternoon, would that be good for you?
Old 01-29-2015, 09:41 PM   #150

Ginger,

Ummm...sorry for my ignorance, but how do you PM from here? Josh