If you could do it again, what would be different? - Page 22 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #421

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: float5... I do!!! It's all part of the "Dog house" furniture. I'm in there a lot!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I'll bet you are, Alf!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:37 PM   #422

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I think the whole point of the Springfield is that you don't have to remove it to switch from bed to table.
We solved the matter by leaving the rear dinette as a bed and store the posts under the bench.
We never make the table into a bed on our 21. but we got the Springfield for two reasons. First, we wanted to have a single leg that it was easier for me (sciatica hindered) to get in and out of the dining booth. Second, we wanted to be able to adjust the height of the table so it could be low when I am typing or writing at the table. Also, when we got the pole installed we also raised the floor in the dinette about 3+ inches, which made my legs more comfortable since the edge of the cushions didn't cut into them. My sciatica has gotten much better much better in the past few years, but I am still glad we made the changes.

When we had the 17, we did the same as you -- kept the dining area as a bed. And the front dining area worked fine since it only had that one pole -- it seemed easier to slide into.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:26 PM   #423

Trailer: 21' 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
We use the seat: we put stuff on it! And below the bench is our electrical and EMS and batteries at passenger side. We can also put our feet up on the U.
The foot rest idea is what made me want it. It just makes it seem loungy and cozy. I'm going to make a 30X34" model and mock dinner setup to see if it's even reasonable to make that trade off for a decent dinner table.
SouthernCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:59 PM   #424

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamper View Post
The foot rest idea is what made me want it. It just makes it seem loungy and cozy. I'm going to make a 30X34" model and mock dinner setup to see if it's even reasonable to make that trade off for a decent dinner table.
The foot lounge though does not work as well as I would like. What I feel is needed there is a little triangular stool with cushion for that corner. We do have an old tiny "table" from tent camping days that I might try there at the corner. And put one of the corner cushions on top.

We do not have filler boards but I don't want one for this because they go all the way across. I just want to fill in the corner.

The other big thing that I like about the U besides the bench storage is the finished look of the area. That just appealed to me when I saw it. Our big back board is unwieldy but I understand that that has been changed. Have to move it to water batteries once in a while.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:16 AM   #425

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Tell me about this Bandera, rally please. Our new 21 is arriving in Mid December. We live in Victoria, Tx.
Sounds like fun.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote