If you could do it again, what would be different? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2015, 10:48 PM   #41

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpaddle View Post
Alf, this sounds good to me, too. Would you cut round holes in the filler board for the pedestals?
Hi: drpaddle... Round holes for the table pedestals to pass thru would make the filler board stronger if sat on. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:36 AM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The only issue I see Alf is there is little clearance under the converter and propane detector for another floor under unless you want to abut these 2 items with your new floor. But then you have a step to contend with, "trip alert"....
Old 01-05-2015, 08:01 AM   #43

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
That is exactly what I made for BlackJack, the "U" dinette is now a lounge area that allows two to raise their feet and sit back and relax.
We really like your "U". Did you have to make or order additional cushions?
Old 01-05-2015, 08:41 AM   #44

No, I used the corner "U" cushions from the corners for the additional seat area. You can order an extra pair for delivery with your unit. this was just something that I made up, I use the big cushions you see in the pictures for back support in the corner where the pieces were removed. Do not forget your extra little pop up tables on each side. I also got one on the night stand side.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0921.JPG  
Old 01-05-2015, 08:58 AM   #45

Quote:
The only issue I see Alf is there is little clearance under the converter and propane detector for another floor under unless you want to abut these 2 items with your new floor. But then you have a step to contend with, "trip alert"....
Hi: cpaharley2008... We had 6 yrs. of "Trip alert" with the 5.0's raised dinette floor. Like the "Duck alert" at the door you just LEARN!!! Alf
Old 01-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #46

Quote:
No, I used the corner "U" cushions from the corners for the additional seat area. You can order an extra pair for delivery with your unit. this was just something that I made up, I use the big cushions you see in the pictures for back support in the corner where the pieces were removed. Do not forget your extra little pop up tables on each side. I also got one on the night stand side.
Thanks. We ordered the extra pop up tables for each side. We envision using it without the large table, so your modification is very interesting. So all I need to do is to cut a board to support the cushions?
Old 01-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
Thanks. We ordered the extra pop up tables for each side. We envision using it without the large table, so your modification is very interesting. So all I need to do is to cut a board to support the cushions?
Yes, I cut 2 pieces of 1x3 but each dinette is a little different size so you will have to wait and measure yours, also each piece may not the same either.Measure twice and cut once. I carry these 2 pieces in/under the rear dinette storage section. When I use this set up I put the table in the back of the tow vehicle.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #48

Quote:
Yes, I cut 2 pieces of 1x3 but each dinette is a little different size so you will have to wait and measure yours, also each piece may not the same either.Measure twice and cut once. I carry these 2 pieces in/under the rear dinette storage section. When I use this set up I put the table in the back of the tow vehicle.
Thanks.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:34 AM   #49

Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A/2015 21 coming in march
Well I did it again.I grew by 6'-0,from 15a to 21'-0.The 15 was all bare min.,no water,awning,ac.It was built perfectly for my needs.Boondocking 2/20lb propane bot,2 12volt batt,15" tires,raised axle,bike ready.The 21'-0 will be as per spec's,with a few changes,slar ready,2 maxx fans[less pwr] reqd.2 6 volt batt.The water system will be a definite comfort,as apossed to being the 1st guy to get the priveledge of taking the frost of the pit toilet.The shower/awning will be very nice.I am looking forward to this season,longer stays,fewr miles back & forth to motels.to use showers,etc.pick up in late march 15..
WLYBGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:49 AM   #50

I admire your hearty approach to camping....particularly your use of the pit toilet in the winter....
Old 01-05-2015, 10:26 AM   #51

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYBGR View Post
Well I did it again.I grew by 6'-0,from 15a to 21'-0.The 15 was all bare min.,no water,awning,ac.It was built perfectly for my needs.Boondocking 2/20lb propane bot,2 12volt batt,15" tires,raised axle,bike ready.The 21'-0 will be as per spec's,with a few changes,slar ready,2 maxx fans[less pwr] reqd.2 6 volt batt.The water system will be a definite comfort,as apossed to being the 1st guy to get the priveledge of taking the frost of the pit toilet.The shower/awning will be very nice.I am looking forward to this season,longer stays,fewr miles back & forth to motels.to use showers,etc.pick up in late march 15..
Hi Brian , we viewed your trailer before ordering ours . Congratulations that 21 is awesome ,and a very big change ! Enjoy !
Old 01-05-2015, 09:59 PM   #52

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We have the U-shaped dinette and love it. Ditto for the digital thermostat, opening windows above the sink and bathroom, outside shower and foam insulation under the trailer. We have the large refrigerator and find that we utilize it fully (for it's rather massive look from the outside, it's really not that deep). Have the cot and put it to good use with the grandkids. What I wish we had done -- included an outside light over the storage box and on the driver's side of the trailer (with switches inside to turn them off and on). Not ordered the Captain's lights over the dinette (overkill). Wish I would have had a drawer placed under the closet (it's wasted space without). AND we both regret installing satellite TV. Not only was it an added expense, it added weight to the front of the trailer (the roof had to be reinforced) and even the wispiest of trees blocks the signal. We would have been better off having our trailer "TV ready" so we could hook up to the cable TV at most RV parks. AND I wish we would have known that ETI was going to upgrade the solar from 95W to 160W right before we picked up.
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:19 PM   #53

You and me both, now I'm thinking of adding a second battery in lieu of second solar to allow running the refer off 12v. If we had gotten that larger panel it would have been nicer.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:49 PM   #54

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
After reading the post where a new trailer was being sold because of poor health, a lot of us would probably say we should have gotten the trailer sooner. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #55
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
After reading the post where a new trailer was being sold because of poor health, a lot of us would probably say we should have gotten the trailer sooner. Loren
That's exactly why I took Alf's lead and didn't wait until I retired to buy Ten Forward. Life is short and gets shorter every single day....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:29 PM   #56

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
Us too. We have been working to help aging parents over the last year or so... and it helped us to see that life was cruising right along. Pushed us right up over the border to Chilliwack, I guess. Good trip.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:08 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
That's exactly why I took Alf's lead and didn't wait until I retired to buy Ten Forward. Life is short and gets shorter every single day....
Hi: Donna D... I've seen to many of my co-workers who never even got to retire!!! Alf
Old 01-06-2015, 10:10 PM   #58

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'm just kinda glad I wasn't still-born.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:20 PM   #59

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yup, That's our story as well. 48 weeks of work to go (or first bad day, I'm outta there!). Come Sept., we'll pick up our 17, and start practicing in earnest for full time retirement a little over a year after that.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #60

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT
Cud have retired 5 years later with lots more money.

so decided to sell the big house instead and retire early.

now in process of specking out our second 5.0 the new ta.
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote