Interior design - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A "Traveling Sedge"
Interior design

Hi folks,

I will be picking up my 15A in March. After much consideration, questions and great input from this forum my Escape is in the build stage.

Okay, this is a minor consideration compared to all of the build decisions that I have been through - but can you hang pictures or do much interior design in to the soft cushy walls of the escape. I am taking inspiration from various books that I am reading and wondering how picture frames (lightweight), etc hang on to an Escape interior.

If anyone has any experience or suggestions, I would be grateful. Pictures would nice too.

Also, I am considering naming by rig 'Traveling Sedge' although that this name is already in use. ??

thanks for any help on interior design.

- Jane
angler24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi Jane. Getting excited huh? Truth be told, there's not a whole lot of "wall" space in these types of trailers. You can mount pictures on the cabinet doors though. I've seen a image where someone mounted all kinds of photos on a door, then "framed" it in wood. Looked really nice.

But to answer your question. IMHO I wouldn't poke holes into the wall covering to hang anything. I'd figure out a way to hang them from the upper cabinets, or the cabinet doors. YMMV

You'll find in a space this small, your decorating will be by picking colors/fabrics for curtains, throw pillows, etc.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I would try to do like Donna said for the most part, and that would be to hang any pictures on the cabinetry faces.

There really is not that much space on the exterior walls anyway, as there are so many nice windows. If you wanted to, you could cut out a piece of the foam and epoxy a small block in its place, and to this mount something. You would be obliged to always have something there to cover this block, but it would work.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 2012 15A
Jane
I agree with the comments above, the wall space is limited. I would think that anything you hang would have to be securely fastened to enure it stays up while traveling and does not swing from side to side and scratch the walls The only really feasible wall space for hanging is the sides of the closet and the faces of the overhead storage, IMHO.

We have a 15A as well and really enjoy looking out the windows at what nature provides outside. Trees, lakes, rivers, mountains, sun rises, sun sets, stars and it is constantly being updated with the most current releases! (I guess that partly depends on where you do your camping as well)

You are blessed in living in the northwest where mother nature has an over abundance of beauty.

Maybe you could do something with the face of the fridge door? Possibly replace the panel facing with a picture. That could have quite and impact upon entering the trailer. Or replace the mirror with a picture, although there is not much of a sight line looking at the closet door?
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Any "interior design" we have is in the form of a few items that are put away for travel and taken out at each arrival.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #6

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
"Less is more." --Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A "Traveling Sedge"
Thanks everyone, I will work on my design from that angle.

I am taking inspiration from a book that a friend gave me for xmas, 'Sisters on the Fly', who restore OLD campers and do some fun designs. NOT that I want my camper to look exactly like that but it got me thinking.

I will look for some vintage fly fishing and western image posters which would be lightweight and would be more amenable to mounting on cabinets. Am working on curtains and pillows.

And yes, Donna, I am getting very excited!!

thanks everyone.

- Jane
angler24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by angler24 View Post
I will look for some vintage fly fishing and western image posters which would be lightweight and would be more amenable to mounting on cabinets. Am working on curtains and pillows.
Jane, there are a ton of fabrics with these motifs on them. A couple throw pillows would be a start at sprucing things up a bit.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Here's some fun fabric: Vintage Trailers Camp Park Green - Discount Designer Fabric - Fabric.com

and try: Spoonflower: Print custom fabric, wallpaper and wall decals on-demand

Search "trailer" and you'll see:

Mod trailers
Road trip
Travel trailer
vintage
Stars and Stripes
green and yellow

Make pillows, curtains, etc. be uniquely your own!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #10

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
If you have a printer for your computer, you can buy transferable fabric sheets to do this. I've done it with my inkjet printer - great for t-shirts as well as throw pillows.
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote