Internet access - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #1

Trailer: ?
Internet access

An interesting thread from another forum.

Best RV Internet for Dummies - iRV2 Forums
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #2

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Thumbs up Thanks for the Internet Info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post

I hate posing questions already answered on the forum. Thanks for posting this!
🦋

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post

Hmmm. The author has a kinda snotty attitude . . .
citabria90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by citabria90 View Post
Hmmm. The author has a kinda snotty attitude . . .

I'm so much of a tech dummy that attitude would matter not at all to me if I could but understand the jargon. In the midst of it, the condescension was rather lost on me. So . . . I'll still need help putting a system together and am seeking help elsewhere.

Here's hoping that, one day, I'll no longer "depend on the kindness of strangers," at least not as much as poor Blanche did in "A Streetcar Named Desire." 😔 My liberal arts degree is certainly of very little use as I seek to understand all of Escape's systems, but as long as I keep a few paperbacks on board my 17B, in the long run, it may actually serve me quite well, especially while boondocking.

Old 08-20-2019, 10:08 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Thanks for reposting that. I agree that the author has an attitude, but I learned something new and that would be very useful for my wife who has to be available to get on the internet when clients call with issues.
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:23 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post

I'm so much of a tech dummy that attitude would matter not at all to me if I could but understand the jargon. In the midst of it, the condescension was rather lost on me. So . . . I'll still need help putting a system together and am seeking help elsewhere.

Here's hoping that, one day, I'll no longer "depend on the kindness of strangers," at least not as much as poor Blanche did in "A Streetcar Named Desire." �� My liberal arts degree is certainly of very little use as I seek to understand all of Escape's systems, but as long as I keep a few paperbacks on board my 17B, in the long run, it may actually serve me quite well, especially while boondocking.
The equipment referenced in the article is fine when there is limited internet service and all you need is a little boost. However, it not going to help in areas where no internet service exists. There has to be at least a weak service for it to boost. A number of places we like to go have no services at all - phone or internet.

Terrabyte portable hard drives are inexpensive and can hold a lot of books / movies to keep you entertained while in the boonies. For those times when you have to communicate with the outside world, you may have to make an internet run to the closest hot spot.

But sometimes a little away time helps the soul. Getting away from phone/internet service is peaceful when the clammer of the world gets too great.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:49 PM   #7

[QUOTE=tdf-texas;303330]There has to be at least a weak service for it to boost. A number of places we like to go have no services at all - phone or internet.

The same will be true for me.

Terrabyte portable hard drives are inexpensive and can hold a lot of books / movies to keep you entertained while in the boonies. For those times when you have to communicate with the outside world, you may have to make an internet run to the closest hot spot.

Thankfully, I have an external hard drive, a Kindle, several Mp3 players, and a library of paperbacks that I look forward to reading.

But sometimes a little away time helps the soul. Getting away from phone/internet service is peaceful when the clammer of the world gets too great.

I have much in common with Winnie the Pooh. "Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits."