Is anyone else getting their requested mods bumped out - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2019, 03:23 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21 Build due for May Completion - towed by 2018 F150 S/Crew 3.5L EcoBoost XLT/FX4 6.5 Box
Is anyone else getting their requested mods bumped out

We have a 21 locked in build, due for May and just received the following from ETI. I am guessing a sign of the new management influence:

"It has just been brought to my attention that Production will no longer be able to accommodate requests to have the Exterior LED Lights relocated.

Your options will either be to have an additional Exterior LED Light fixture installed in your specified location for $75.00 or simply stay with the one light fixture in its current location."
AnglingMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:56 AM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
This kind of stuff happened long before ETI's management changed, options came and went, especially the undocumented ones. It is of course a bummer when it happens to you.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:01 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm aware of several, not sure where or whom is involved, but someone from the old guard perhaps need to step in. The relocation of the porch light has been done for at least 2 of my last 3 Escapes. The stock position is ludicrous because with the awning light it is not needed, what is needed is a light closer to the step. So moving it down, closer to the belly band is the logical choice. But having 2 lights, one which is not useable is even worse. It reminds me of the scene in "Five Easy Pieces" "No Substitutions"
Old 03-13-2019, 07:46 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
In retrospect, I think the bean counters of the new management company are going over new builds to insure cost control. Perhaps before they make these changes, they use the product as they envision, and then they may have better insight into whether the substitution results in a better overall product! Just my $.02, and worth every penny paid for it!!
Old 03-13-2019, 09:53 AM   #5

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm aware of several, not sure where or whom is involved, but someone from the old guard perhaps need to step in. The relocation of the porch light has been done for at least 2 of my last 3 Escapes. The stock position is ludicrous because with the awning light it is not needed, what is needed is a light closer to the step. So moving it down, closer to the belly band is the logical choice. But having 2 lights, one which is not useable is even worse. It reminds me of the scene in "Five Easy Pieces" "No Substitutions"
What a scream. I went ahead and emailed Linda about this issue. Will see how she responds.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019 19'
Perfect!
Timbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
On both my 2010 19 and my 2015 5.0TA there were some requested non listed options/alterations I had turned down and some that were allowed.
The way I looked at it the ones they said no to, you can’t blame a guy for asking but being as they weren’t listed options I couldn’t blame them for saying no.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:01 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Guess we missed that bit of info about new management. I looked under announcement section and didn't find anything. Anyone want to give us a brief update?
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
Guess we missed that bit of info about new management. I looked under announcement section and didn't find anything. Anyone want to give us a brief update?
Here: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...ner-14401.html
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:33 AM   #10

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
Nothing new about being turned down on requests. I didn't get a few things approved that I wanted 2 years ago, but I always felt ETI was being reasonable.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:47 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Nothing new about being turned down on requests. I didn't get a few things approved that I wanted 2 years ago, but I always felt ETI was being reasonable.
Same here. While Escape was going through their expansion in 2017, they denied requests for changes regularly. Of the two items I wanted ( an extra wire run and the thermostat installed an inch higher), both were denied.

When I got home with the trailer, I did the changes myself so no problem. It's just a little irritating that I found out that others were able to get a lot more involved changes done by talking directly to Rease instead of dealing with the office staff.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Same here. While Escape was going through their expansion in 2017, they denied requests for changes regularly. Of the two items I wanted ( an extra wire run and the thermostat installed an inch higher), both were denied.

When I got home with the trailer, I did the changes myself so no problem. It's just a little irritating that I found out that others were able to get a lot more involved changes done by talking directly to Rease instead of dealing with the office staff.
Sorry that you are irritated. I've never talked to Reese. All of my communications were made with Linda.

My own take is that if you sign an agreement ie: the Build Sheet then both parties should honor it. The obvious exception of course is if the contractor finds extraordinary reasons for changing the terms. As for example the situation regarding the change from thermal windows to single pane.

Is it worth it for a company to stir up it's customer base over a $75 item in the whole scheme of things? I don't think so.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:03 PM   #13

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I had several things turned down, including being told that there was a wheel well in the lower cabinet under the wardrobe in the 17a which is easily seen to be untrue...the wheel well is somewhere under the sink or thereabouts.

One thing i was turned down (an installation) i took along and just had it setting inside. the guys were fine with accommodating me, and the time needed was 5 minutes or less.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #14

Maybe some of you got turned down because you called him Reese, Rease, Reece etc. his name is actually Reace [emoji6]
Old 03-13-2019, 03:19 PM   #15

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
Is it worth it for a company to stir up it's customer base over a $75 item in the whole scheme of things? I don't think so.
I don't think that the issue for the factory is the $75; I think it is the disruption in what has become a tightly scheduled production process. Despite management changes, Reace is still Director of Operations; it seems to me that production issues could reasonably be escalated to him in this role.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:50 PM   #16

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Maybe some of you got turned down because you called him Reese, Rease, Reece etc. his name is actually Reace [emoji6]
(channeling Monty Python) What is this... the Spanish Inquistion?
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
(channeling Monty Python) What is this... the Spanish Inquistion?

Gotta live Monty Python [emoji6]

“This mod has passed on! This mod is no more! It has ceased to be! 'Its expired and gone to meet 'is maker! THIS IS AN EX-MOD!!”
Old 03-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I don't think that the issue for the factory is the $75; I think it is the disruption in what has become a tightly scheduled production process. Despite management changes, Reace is still Director of Operations; it seems to me that production issues could reasonably be escalated to him in this role.
You are just guessing perhaps what the issue is? I've never communicated with a Reese or a Reace however I did receive this email from Linda about an hour or so ago.
"I can’t say I disagreed with what you said so, I brought your concerns to my Supervisor and she also agreed with you completely. She has put her foot down with Production and has insisted that they proceed with your request to have your exterior LED light relocated."

This is a big thing in my life I can tell you that. I've begun celebrating St. Patrick's Day early.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #19

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Linda is the best we had her as our salesperson n she pushed thru all of the request we wanted after being told no.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Linda is the best we had her as our salesperson n she pushed thru all of the request we wanted after being told no.
She is an advocate for the customer. Rare thing in this day and age.