Just found out new owners - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-31-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ft Collins, Colorado
Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Posts: 27
Just found out new owners

Iím sure this has been beatiní To death but I just found out Escape is under new ownership. Can someone post links that compare quality old vs new? Iím not going to lie, I was disappointed to say the least to hear Ecsape was bought. Thanks
__________________

casita68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 8,344
Here's a thread about the change in ownership: Strategic Partner
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
dfandrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A -- "The Pullman"
Posts: 1,773
Here's a thread to read:
Strategic Partner


Edit: LOL: Donna, your enter key was faster than mine!!!
__________________
Don & Teresa
2015 17A: 2011 Honda Pilot
In Orbe Terrum Non Visi / RLTW
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:49 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by casita68 View Post
Iím sure this has been beatiní To death but I just found out Escape is under new ownership. Can someone post links that compare quality old vs new? Iím not going to lie, I was disappointed to say the least to hear Ecsape was bought. Thanks
I pass by ETI on a pretty regular basis and stop in from time to time, especially with the new 21 about to go into production soon. I collect measurements for various anticipated mods. Our previous Escape was a 2014 so I've had a pretty good look at the place over the years.

If I hadn't read on the forum about the strategic partner and Reace and Tammy no longer being involved in the operation I would never have known. The place looks the same, the trailers look the same. I don't see anything that's different and that would make me not want an Escape because they're no longer there.

I'll be very surprised next month if I find things on the new 21 that would cause me to say, oh too bad Reace and Tammy aren't here, things would have been different.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:56 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 11,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
If I hadn't read on the forum about the strategic partner and Reace and Tammy no longer being involved in the operation I would never have known. The place looks the same, the trailers look the same. I don't see anything that's different and that would make me not want an Escape because they're no longer there.

I'll be very surprised next month if I find things on the new 21 that would cause me to say, oh too bad Reace and Tammy aren't here, things would have been different.
Did I miss some news? Last that I heard, under the new ownership arrangement Tammy was still in the office (I don't know with what title), and Reace was Director of Operations.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:42 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Abiquiu, New Mexico
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Posts: 174
While on our Summer trip, we had occasion to be camped near a pickup truck with a Northern Lite truck camper in the bed. I took the opportunity to talk with the owner about his experiences with his truck camper and the company. I asked about build quality, problems he had found after delivery and about Northern Lite customer service. He was very positive on all accounts and indicated he had two small problems which Northern Lite promptly corrected. He did not invite me to take a look inside his camper, unfortunately, but from what I could see of the interior through the open door, it looked like very nice woodworking, at least on par with Escape, if not better. This anecdotal account is offered FWIW.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:56 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 11,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Did I miss some news? Last that I heard, under the new ownership arrangement Tammy was still in the office (I don't know with what title), and Reace was Director of Operations.
Apparently I did miss it, because it had not been announced: see the thread Strategic Partner, starting at post #206.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:17 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Southern, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Did I miss some news? Last that I heard, under the new ownership arrangement Tammy was still in the office (I don't know with what title), and Reace was Director of Operations.
I missed it too. I assumed the talk about Reace and Tammy being gone was basically unfounded gossip. It theyíre completely out of the picture already it seems a tad abrupt. Karl must be a quick study. Iím pleased to see Reace and Tammy intend to address this soon on the forum. Personally Iím saddened to see them go. IMO they built a heck of a good company. I wish them the best. -Tom
mtnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:02 PM   #9
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,418
Reace has stated he will post about his and Tammy's situation shortly. I'd wait for his post to provide further clarification. I can tell you though - I've heard from a reliable authority that they are no longer involved with Escape, have sold all interest in the company, and the transition work they agreed to when they sold has been completed.

I'm very happy for both of them. They worked very hard to make Escape what it is today, and I for one wish them nothing but the best.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:10 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ft Collins, Colorado
Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Reace has stated he will post about his and Tammy's situation shortly. I'd wait for his post to provide further clarification. I can tell you though - I've heard from a reliable authority that they are no longer involved with Escape, have sold all interest in the company, and the transition work they agreed to when they sold has been completed.

I'm very happy for both of them. They worked very hard to make Escape what it is today, and I for one wish them nothing but the best.
If thatís the case it was more of a strategic exit than a strategic partner.
__________________

casita68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.