Just ordered 19', what options? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #41

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
Just wondering why the 3 stage single pedestal is such a big improvement, especially if one never intended to make the dinette into a bed? Thanks
Even if you never put the table down to make a bed, two other pluses are; only one pedestal taking up valuable foot room and, also, it's much steadier than the factory two tube one.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:01 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
I went a different way and got Reace to cut the 4 person dinette table in two. It wobbles but not enough to overcome my delight at easy access to the back storage areas.

Yes, I plan to remove the extra hardware.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0028-small.JPG  
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:04 AM   #43

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
I went a different way and got Reace to cut the 4 person dinette table in two. It wobbles but not enough to overcome my delight at easy access to the back storage areas.

Yes, I plan to remove the extra hardware.
I did something similar in my Scamp 13. Table prevented easy access and most of the time was only used by the two of us. But to keep the option of seating four open I hinged it so the other half was easily available.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
10-12-2011 4-09-53 PM  008_resize.JPG   10-12-2011 4-09-54 PM  009_resize.JPG   10-12-2011 4-09-54 PM  0010_resize.JPG  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:54 AM   #44
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Just wondering why the 3 stage single pedestal is such a big improvement, especially if one never intended to make the dinette into a bed? Thanks
We never make it into a bed either Hugh. I like that it can be lowered slightly when I've got the laptop out, I like that you can rotate the table (since we have the u-shaped dinette) making entry/exit easier, I like that its a single centered pole instead of two off center ones (more foot room) and I like that the table doesnt wobble anymore like it did with the poles and sockets.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:27 AM   #45

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
We never make it into a bed either Hugh. I like that it can be lowered slightly when I've got the laptop out, I like that you can rotate the table (since we have the u-shaped dinette) making entry/exit easier, I like that its a single centered pole instead of two off center ones (more foot room) and I like that the table doesnt wobble anymore like it did with the poles and sockets.
Thanks that is very helpful information.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:39 AM   #46

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
We raised the floor (but not the seats) in our 21 and installed a pedestal table. Next to the Storage box it might be our favorite option. The extra 4" lets me sit in the dinette with my feet flat on the floor. I am 5'8" and have a 30" inseam. Longer legged people might not find it necessary, but it makes a huge difference in comfort for me.

like RBryan, we have no plans to use the dinette as a bed. since the floor is higher we never have the pedestal at its full extension, which keeps it at a comfortable height for eating. Sometimes we lower it even further for working on the computer. Having a single pedestal makes it way easier to get in and out of the dinette. And Murphy-the-Dog has more room too.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #47

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Everyone
Thank you for your opinions and advice on Options for our soon-to-be 19' Escape. Here is our upgraded list of options:

•stainless sink and faucet
•oven with 3 burner cooktop
•6.7 fridge
•dual 6 volt batteries
•150w solar
•opening window over sink
•opening bathroom window
•extra insulation and thermal windows
•additional brake lights (vertical)
•air conditioner
•equalizer hitch
•exterior shower
•storage box front
•winterizing t-valve
•surge protector
•LED awning strip
•2 LED Captains reading lamps
•stereo
•cabinet door at end of Bench
•1 counter extension bed area
•Rhino flex sewer hose
•foot flush toilet
•2 filled propane tanks
•upgrade to 7500k Maxxfan with remote (smoke)

We still have a month to add or subtract, however we feel we are very close to complete. Still, any advice, opinions, etc would be appreciated.

Bobo

Bob and Marilyn Almquist
Bend, Or
'08 Sequoia 5.7
2016 Escape 19' (January)
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:06 PM   #48

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
A couple of things to think about. We added two shelves to the closet and use it as a pantry. It comes in very handy. It seems to me the oven and 6.7 fridge will take up storage space that could be otherwise valuable to you. I suggest you think carefully about how you will store things with the oven and fridge. Of course the closet could be the answer to your storage needs.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:44 PM   #49

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Would extra drawers or exterior lights (with interior switches) be important to you?
Old 09-09-2015, 08:44 PM   #50

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
A couple of things to think about. We added two shelves to the closet and use it as a pantry. It comes in very handy. It seems to me the oven and 6.7 fridge will take up storage space that could be otherwise valuable to you. I suggest you think carefully about how you will store things with the oven and fridge. Of course the closet could be the answer to your storage needs.
We have the 6.7 cu-ft fridge and the oven, two drawers below the closet, and added a shelf in the closet so we can use it as a pantry. There is more storage space than we can use, even when we travelled with two adults and two kids.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:24 AM   #51

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Ice breaker- I like that idea I will probably do that when I order my next trailer two foot itis setting in...
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:58 PM   #52

Trailer: 2015 19' - "Tramper"
If you haven't already, you may want to consider one or more additional USB outlets.

We elected to not add any beyond the one that came standard and we are good with it but I know others have had another one or two installed.

I am also happy we had the additional LED tail lights installed even though I can't see them driving. It's a bit of peace of mind knowing there is really no way someone could say they did not see your tail lights in the event of an incident.
lancenadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:37 PM   #53

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Another question... If you use the pedestal support instead of the dual legs, does the table top still slide side to side for access to the benches?
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:02 PM   #54
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Another question... If you use the pedestal support instead of the dual legs, does the table top still slide side to side for access to the benches?
Yes. The slides are mounted to a plywood base by the factory. Installing the table on the pedestal is simply a matter of removing the sockets from the plywood base and attaching it to the pedestal top. Slide is not affected. It also adds the ability to rotate the table instead of just sliding side to side.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #55

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Yes. The slides are mounted to a plywood base by the factory. Installing the table on the pedestal is simply a matter of removing the sockets from the plywood base and attaching it to the pedestal top. Slide is not affected. It also adds the ability to rotate the table instead of just sliding side to side.
Thanks Robert. Wished I had researched this one before turning in my build sheet. I saw it mentioned before but thought it was only useful with the U shaped dinette which we are NOT getting. Hopefully I can add this option without incurring the change fee.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:51 PM   #56
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Thanks Robert. Wished I had researched this one before turning in my build sheet. I saw it mentioned before but thought it was only useful with the U shaped dinette which we are NOT getting. Hopefully I can add this option without incurring the change fee.
Well, it might be more useful with the u shaped dinette because of the rotation, but you still have the benefit of the single pole with the standard dinette.

Maybe you should just go with stock for now. You can always add the pedestal later on your own if you don't care for the stock mounting.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:19 AM   #57

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Well, it might be more useful with the u shaped dinette because of the rotation, but you still have the benefit of the single pole with the standard dinette.

Maybe you should just go with stock for now. You can always add the pedestal later on your own if you don't care for the stock mounting.
That's what I'm planning to do, Jill. We've had the double poles in the Casita and it wasn't annoying - but then we haven't used the big dinette that much (and it's probably a little bit longer than the 21's standard, so the posts are set further apart, at that). Anyway, the single pedestal sounds great, but with the expense and trouble of supplying it, we decided to just wait and see if we "need" it.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:55 AM   #58

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I too am in the camp where you can easily change it later. Give what you have a go first, and see what you like and don't like. If you do have a regular dinette, the rotating aspect is of no use unless the back side is curved, a consideration I have been contemplating.

Having two skinny pedestals instead of one fat one really is of no bother to me at all. I don't even mind having to lift the top, then remove the legs to drop the table, but that is a rare thing for us to do, as the table is very rarely made into a bed. With the removable columns one can stow stuff under the table top better when made into a bed, but this really is not a big deal either.

The only thing that bothers me at all, and not really a big deal, is that even with the columns seated in the collars as tight as possible, there is a bit of wiggle to the table. Never caused us any grief though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:00 AM   #59

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Wait, wait.

Jim, whats this about a 5er now??
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:40 AM   #60

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There is always the wall mount option for the stock dinette, eliminates all floor issues. That is what I'd use in a "non U shape" scenario.