Just ordered 19', what options? - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #81

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Is the goal to not have to move, bend or twist one's body at all?
Old 09-12-2015, 02:55 PM   #82
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post

Exactly Glenn. I'm a lazy #%^*]{+€|=!
Old 09-12-2015, 02:59 PM   #83

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
That is part of it, and ease during use. Being creative maybe has a bit to co with it too.

One thing I found in our 19, is that the table was always too far from the backrest of the bench, unless we sat both on one side. With a 4 way slide, and a U-shaped dinette (I am slowly becoming a convert), we could sit one at the back, and one on one side, and each could adjust the table as close as they like.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Exactly Glenn. I'm a lazy #%^*]{+€|=!
You are too rough on yourself, Robert. I would have not been so harsh, and would have just said lazy &^%$^&.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #85
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
You are too rough on yourself, Robert. I would have not been so harsh, and would have just said lazy &^%$^&.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #86

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Jim,
Will you also convert to air conditioning and solar in your new unit?
Old 09-12-2015, 03:44 PM   #87

Air for sure, as we hope to head south a bunch. Solar of some kind, just not sure what yet.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:49 PM   #88

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
We went to a michigan fiberglass get together today and looked at a 2015 19. It had very few options beyond standard. Air,bike rack ready, TV mount, and antenna were the only options I noticed. It was a lovely trailer that anyone could be happy in.

The standard dinette was comfortable even when I stretched out to a lounge position. I'm glad I made my last minute change from the u shaped to the standard dinette, it felt more open than the u shaped we looked at before ordering.
LDRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:35 PM   #89

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRay View Post
We went to a michigan fiberglass get together today and looked at a 2015 19. It had very few options beyond standard. Air,bike rack ready, TV mount, and antenna were the only options I noticed. It was a lovely trailer that anyone could be happy in.

The standard dinette was comfortable even when I stretched out to a lounge position. I'm glad I made my last minute change from the u shaped to the standard dinette, it felt more open than the u shaped we looked at before ordering.
Another thing some have done is put a flat board with edge against the wall and under the cushions to add a "lounge" capability. I think ETI would make a cushion to fit (if asked)(and wanted).
Old 09-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #90

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Stereo & XM Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Jack antenna wins hands down, gets 10 stations where previously I got 1 or 2 with the Winegard in my Casita. 12V heaters are overkill with the foam - never had my tanks freeze when snow skiing. ETI will email layout drawings where you can add 12V drops in cabinets and outlets if wanted, also specify locations for your 120VAC outlets. We were pleased the top burners on the oven are piezo ignition; the oven still takes a lighter to fire off (great for morning cinnamon rolls and cookies!) I had them install my stereo (with Bluetooth and Sirius XM), speakers, rear view camera, and external cell phone antenna (all shipped direct to ETI.)
How has your stereo worked out? Any suggestions for models to consider?
sporkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #91

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkman View Post
I have been very pleased with my Pioneer stereo/DVD/radio and Kenwood speakers. I know, I know. Technology changes and I'm going to be so sorry to have these ugly holes in the cabinets. I don't think so. I have enough CDs to last a lifetime so why throw them away just to have the latest toy? I don't like music outside (mine or anybody else's as I prefer the sounds of nature) so have no need to have a portable unit. I expect my system to satisfy my needs for as long as I camp. Note that this is a collage of two pictures and the models are in the text boxes.
Attached Thumbnails
Egbert-007.jpg  
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #92
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkman View Post
I chose an Alpine with a DIN-1 form factor with Alpine speakers fore and aft; ETI supplied the mounting enclosure. Very happy with the unit, preamp outputs on the rear go to a Bluetooth transmitter for our tabletop speaker outside and the aux in on the front is connected to the television earphone output.
Attached Thumbnails
wk2 075.JPG  

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:04 PM   #93

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
We have decided to move from our 17' Casita SD to a 19' Escape. Ordered it today for a January 2016 delivery. Please offer any suggestions about our current option choices, do we need all, did we forget some, etc. Also, for now we have left off tv antenna, etc because we are clueless. Our tv is a 2006 Sequoia with 5.7 V8.

Options:
•stainless sink and faucet
•oven with 3 burner cooktop
•6.7 fridge
•dual 6 volt batteries
•150w solar
•removable power cord
•opening window over sink
•opening bathroom window
•extra insulation and thermal windows
•additional brake lights
•air conditioner
•equalizer hitch
•exterior shower
•exterior propane connect
•screen room
•2 12v heat pads with spray foam insulation
•storage box front
•winterizing t-valve

thanks in advance,

Bob and Marilyn
Bend, Or
I'm just considering options for a 19 as well, and thought this communication with ETI might be helpful for you:
1. Please confirm if you don't take the 2 way hot water tank you get a propane only tank
Correct, the standard HW tank is propane only.
2. Can you still rotate the 2-burner cooktop 90 degrees and do you get much more counter? How much is the charge?
Yes, Cost is $50. You will gain a few inches on the countertop
3. What is the standard size and model fridge supplied
4.3 cubic feet, Dometic – RM8551
4. Does it come with one USB/ 12V out let supplied and what is the location?
Yes, this outlet is located at the front passenger side dinette bench (see attached diagram)
5. How is the solar panel mounted to the roof I hear there have been issues
The solar panels are now bolted on to the trailer
6. What is "A/C ready" and what does it involve to install A/C after the fact with this option
Your Escape 19’ will come A/C Ready. This means that there is blocking and wiring installed during production for after-market installation of the A/C Unit. Approximate cost is $925.
If A/C is not selected there will be a standard RV vent in that place.
7. Does the price for the equalizer (weight distribution) hitch include installation? What brand and model do you supply?
Yes, the price includes installation. We are currently installing the ProSeries 600lb Trunnion.
8. What brand wireless backup camera is supplied as option?
Tadi Brothers: SKU 90117
9. How much fabric required for plain pattern standard dinette? When do you need it?
Standard dinette & valences will require 5.5 yards of fabric. It must be received by your confirmation date (March 9, 2016)
10 How much flooring required for custom flooring? When do you need it? I will order from Pioneer.
We will need a 12’ x 11’ piece. This must be received by us by your confirmation date (please order with Pioneer well in advance of this date) I will forward more information about custom flooring in a separate email.
11. I hear a lot of people raise the dinette area by 4" for better view how much does that cost?
We can raise the dinette & benches 3”, cost is $300.
12. I'm thinking no decals anywhere except the back of the trailer would that be a problem?
Not at all, just let us know exactly which of our standard decals you want installed.
13. can you get an LED light installed in the vent hood? Or just do it yourself after is easier? (did it on my 17)
The standard is an incandescent bulb, this will be an aftermarket change.
14. I'm putting in Horst level gauges when do you need them?
By your confirmation date
15. Please confirm bike rack ready, all LED lighting, exterior access hatch are all standard, they were options on my 2015 17
Yes, these options are standard on the 2016 Escape 19’
Old 09-14-2015, 11:21 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
I'm just considering options for a 19 as well, and thought this communication with ETI might be helpful for you:
1. Please confirm if you don't take the 2 way hot water tank you get a propane only tank
Correct, the standard HW tank is propane only.
2. Can you still rotate the 2-burner cooktop 90 degrees and do you get much more counter? How much is the charge?
Yes, Cost is $50. You will gain a few inches on the countertop
3. What is the standard size and model fridge supplied
4.3 cubic feet, Dometic – RM8551
4. Does it come with one USB/ 12V out let supplied and what is the location?
Yes, this outlet is located at the front passenger side dinette bench (see attached diagram)
5. How is the solar panel mounted to the roof I hear there have been issues
The solar panels are now bolted on to the trailer
6. What is "A/C ready" and what does it involve to install A/C after the fact with this option
Your Escape 19’ will come A/C Ready. This means that there is blocking and wiring installed during production for after-market installation of the A/C Unit. Approximate cost is $925.
If A/C is not selected there will be a standard RV vent in that place.
7. Does the price for the equalizer (weight distribution) hitch include installation? What brand and model do you supply?
Yes, the price includes installation. We are currently installing the ProSeries 600lb Trunnion.
8. What brand wireless backup camera is supplied as option?
Tadi Brothers: SKU 90117
9. How much fabric required for plain pattern standard dinette? When do you need it?
Standard dinette & valences will require 5.5 yards of fabric. It must be received by your confirmation date (March 9, 2016)
10 How much flooring required for custom flooring? When do you need it? I will order from Pioneer.
We will need a 12’ x 11’ piece. This must be received by us by your confirmation date (please order with Pioneer well in advance of this date) I will forward more information about custom flooring in a separate email.
11. I hear a lot of people raise the dinette area by 4" for better view how much does that cost?
We can raise the dinette & benches 3”, cost is $300.
12. I'm thinking no decals anywhere except the back of the trailer would that be a problem?
Not at all, just let us know exactly which of our standard decals you want installed.
13. can you get an LED light installed in the vent hood? Or just do it yourself after is easier? (did it on my 17)
The standard is an incandescent bulb, this will be an aftermarket change.
14. I'm putting in Horst level gauges when do you need them?
By your confirmation date
15. Please confirm bike rack ready, all LED lighting, exterior access hatch are all standard, they were options on my 2015 17
Yes, these options are standard on the 2016 Escape 19’
BTW Sequoia an awesome tow vehicle. I had a 2006 until all three kids left home.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #95

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
We first pulled our 17 foot Casita with a 2002 6 cylinder Nissan Pathfinder, which did a fine job towing the trailer; however, after pulling the Casita up and down the Oregon and California coast, dropping into Fort Bragg, etc. and then all through the Steens, including approaching Lakeview, Or from the east side, I appreciate the Sequoia's towing ability (and braking ability). Looking forward to matching it with the 19'.

Bobo
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #96

raising dinette in 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Raising the dinette 4" is one of the best options we added. It will also add 4" of depth in storage to the benches, since the raised floor doesn't extend under the benches. Now add a Springfield pneumatic 3 stage pedestal (self installed in about 20 minutes) and you have one great setup.
Not sure of the reason but now they will only raise it 3" and it costs $300.