Let’s be careful out there - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #21

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSwany View Post
THIS crime does NOT appear to have been committed by an “illegal” (nor unauthorized) immigrant. So, let’s please not wander off into speculation and biases.
This is NOT “speculation” or “bias”. It’s based on facts. I live down there half the year. My in-law works these cases in South TX. He has shared this information with us, which I’m sharing here. There are many more specifics, but I held back for fear of people misinterpreting them. Mostly, it’s the resurgence of the gangs and cartels.
I was stating I wouldn’t feel safe Boondocking down there because of these facts. People share information like this.
Sorry if you took offense, but fact is fact.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:33 AM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
More sad news this morning I think it was 3 vehicles with their children , I believe a total of 8 dead , some kids were able to escape , in Mexico , they live there ,going into Arizona for some shopping together . Drug Cartels ambushed them and it might of been a mistake on their part ? It happened very close to US border .
The campers that were killed , it could of been meth druggies , looking for a easy pickings . Pat
Old 11-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #23

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
This is NOT “speculation” or “bias”. It’s based on facts. I live down there half the year. My in-law works these cases in South TX. He has shared this information with us, which I’m sharing here. There are many more specifics, but I held back for fear of people misinterpreting them. Mostly, it’s the resurgence of the gangs and cartels.
I was stating I wouldn’t feel safe Boondocking down there because of these facts. People share information like this.
Sorry if you took offense, but fact is fact.
We have one lawman in Kenedy County. The Tx Rangers aren't even close. We farmers/ranchers have our own security. People in this part of South Texas have known for years that there is a price to pay for criminal activity involving our farms
Old 11-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #24

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75thRanger View Post
We have one lawman in Kenedy County. The Tx Rangers aren't even close. We farmers/ranchers have our own security. People in this part of South Texas have known for years that there is a price to pay for criminal activity involving our farms
Yes, indeed! My ranch friend washes her morning dishes in her flannel pjs with her “law” strapped to her hip. (But those law names would spark reactions, too )

She says she has to protect herself somehow...they’re quite isolated. And they’ve had too many incidents not to warrant that protection.

Just take a look at the Federal and DEA websites, where one can see where the most border apprehensions have been over the last couple of years, as well as the location of the cartels.
Brownsville and the South Padre Island Corridor is the #1 spot for illegal activities, illegal border crossings, and gang activity, including drug trafficking.

The bottom line is to do your research, and just be darned careful where you Boondock.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:53 PM   #25

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Discussions about politics, religion and weaponry will be closed or removed.

This one is closed.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Breaking news
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.JPG  
Closed Thread