letter of appreciation - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2016, 10:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
letter of appreciation

This is a letter of appreciation that we recently sent to Tammy & Reace. Tammy got back to me in a very short period of time with a very nice response. They are top-of-the-line people, just like the top-of-the-line “land yachts” that they make.

July 28, 2016
Dear Tammy & Reace,

You probably get tired of reading e-mails like this, but I’m going to write it anyway. Our family of 5 has enjoyed our tent camping over the years. With an empty nest, my wife turned into a “Hilton Girl” and wanted her amenities when the 2 of us traveled together. We bought our 1st RV, a Scamp 16’, in January of 2015 & drove from N.J. to Florida to pick it up. This was to be my 1st & last “glass egg” & was treated as such. My wife, son, David and I did a lot of upgrading in the year that we had it. Mary Lou sewed beautiful custom curtains; other projects included installing an outside motion sensor light; a Doc Watson; outside shower; outside dual receptacle & fully insulating the underneath with rigid foam for winter camping; etc. This was it – there would be no more RVs! That was true until our son,”Mr. Eggceptional”, told us to look on-line at your beautifully made Escape 19!

David said, don’t worry because it’s very hard to find a used Escape on the east coast. And when they do come up, they don’t last long. This past April, The Force was with us & he found a used 2010 19’ in Va. We contacted the owners the next day & as soon as possible we were on our way to Va. with the cash they had requested. David put up a beautiful ad with some great pics & the Scamp was sold to the 1st callers – a young couple with 5 chihuahuas that were thrilled to get the Scamp & the custom cargo rack that we included. We were absolutely thrilled to get the Escape!

The Escape is a “Hilton Sweet” - just what we needed for my “Hilton Girl.” Here’s an abbreviated list of things we appreciate: the “let’s listen to our customers” attitude that drove this impressive build; the quality of the materials & workmanship from top to bottom is superior; the 360 degree wrap-around shell with no seams!; the dual axle – no sway - it tows beautifully behind our 4Runner; the exterior fit & finish with that deep, clear coat luster; the outside shower & dual outlets; the top quality awning with it’s ease of operation; the fresh water tank sloped towards the drain – a good indicator of your incredible attention to detail.

Moving to the inside: the interior fit & finish especially with the oak; a well-thought out floor plan; an attractive, easy-to-clean wall covering; the head room; the professionally done electrical & plumbing systems; a nicely appointed bathroom (tops on my wife’s list); queen-sized permanent bed; maxi fan; big fridge with plenty of cooling power; the table that moves side to side; impressive amount of storage; tinted windows; the door closes the way it should and has a sturdy latch; the self-repair feature & over-all operation of the screen door and a ratcheted towel rack. And there’s more that I could mention.

My son, David, has talked to you a few times & we deeply appreciate the help you’ve given us with parts & professional advice. This has been a BIG positive as Escape owners, having access to your expertise. Completed, or planned upgrades include: a pedestal & 2 thumbscrews for the table; a digital thermostat that shuts the A/C off when the set point is reached; a split unit A/C with the compressor mounted outside behind the propane tanks; the installation of a range hood kit that will vent to the outside; my wife is excited about her 2 bathroom upgrades – a window and a vent fan kit that we just received from you and we did a custom mount of a Stowaway carrier in the rear. And there are a few more.

I particularly enjoy going off the grid for weeks at a time and your unit is perfect for this type of adventure. I never envisioned buying a 2nd RV, until I was introduced to the “Dreamboat 19”.
David enjoys working on the Escape and is determined to “make the best, even better”.

We were very fortunate to find our used 19 on the east coast. And we’re appreciative that the two of you persevered & worked very hard to establish a company that truly stands out in the RV world. The thought, materials & craftsmanship that go into your “land yachts” is very impressive. The help that the two of you offer to your customers after the sale, make your operation stand out even further. Thanks for doing what you do & keep up the great work.

Happy Trails,
Mary Lou, David & Wayne Van Camp
Yardville, N.J.
wayne vc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I am sure that Tammy and Reace are thrilled to have received that letter. You have done an excellent job of covering their attention to their product.

I have to say that we have often taken our Escapes for granted, not having had another fiberglass or other trailer. Well, we saw another brand's interior recently and were rather amazed at the difference. Doubt we would have even had something in the fiberglass world had we only seen a trailer like that, and no Escapes.

Of course, we know all of the great things about Escapes by now, but it is still hard to believe the substantial difference. They have certainly made a winner on many counts.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:10 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Wayne, What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing and for your recognition of the responsible ownership and management of a fine company! My hat's off to you!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:19 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Great letter! I've often said that most manufacturers are OK with satisfied customers, while Reece & Tommy strive for raving fans! We Love our 19'!
Old 07-30-2016, 07:31 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
As it has been mentioned before, you have tasted the Escape kool-aid and like it...... welcome.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
What a great letter! Fun to read and sooo accurate about what so many of us feel and rarely express about ETI.

Thanks for doing this for us.

Klaus & Karen

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Excellent letter of appreciation! 7 1/2 months to go...really looking forward to my Escape 19'!!
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:17 AM   #8

Thank-you

Thank-you so much for the thoughtful responses! When Tammy said she wants everyone on her staff to read it, I was quite pleased. This is a hardworking, dedicated & very skilled group of "eggceptional" craftsmen. I agree with K Stock 11 that their goal is that "raving fan".

To Jim: I became one of those many "raving fans" the first time I saw the 19 on the ETI website. I was never in doubt. I am often wrong, but this time I really got it right. Thanks to my son, David, we were "eggtremely" fortunate to find this beautifully kept treasure in Va. David has become this raving Escape modification mechanic, which has "added" a lot to the Escape experience.

To Floating Cloud: I'm 69 & the older I get, the less I take for granted, which prompted me to compliment this super fine band of RV magicians. Your Emerson quote is perfect.

I'm excited for katzam 29 waiting for your little piece of paradise. I'm sure your new 19 will have many wonderful options, which you will enjoy for many years to come.

Happy Trails To All
Wayne
Old 07-31-2016, 08:24 AM   #9

Thank-you

Thank-you so much for the thoughtful responses! When Tammy said she wants everyone on her staff to read it, I was quite pleased. This is a hardworking, dedicated & very skilled group of "eggceptional" craftsmen. I agree with K Stock 11 that their goal is that "raving fan".

To Jim: I became one of those many "raving fans" the first time I saw the 19 on the ETI website. I was never in doubt. I am often wrong, but this time I really got it right. Thanks to my son, David, we were "eggtremely" fortunate to find this beautifully kept treasure in Va. David has become this raving Escape modification mechanic, which has "added" a lot to the Escape experience.

To Floating Cloud: I'm 69 & the older I get, the less I take for granted, which prompted me to compliment this super fine band of RV magicians. Your Emerson quote is perfect.

I'm excited for katzam 29 waiting for your little piece of paradise. I'm sure your new 19 will have many wonderful options, which you will enjoy for many years to come.

Happy Trails To All
Wayne
Old 07-31-2016, 08:33 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Seems to me with all these new Easterner owners another look should be made into 2nd Annual Eastern Escape Rally.....next summer, for those who may not make it to Osoyoos. We need to pick a location, once responses are made I'll post a new thread so as not to hijack this one....
Old 07-31-2016, 09:10 AM   #11

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
"The older I get, the less I take for granted", and on the other hand you know what it means to how to thank people in a way they deserve!! Well done!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote