Looking for a more or less local trailer to look at - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #1

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Looking for a more or less local trailer to look at

Hi all
New guy here from western Mass wondering if any of you live in New England, NY, or Pa. that would mind if I were to stop by some time to look at your trailer. At this point I'm interested in the 17 or 19 but would appreciate seeing any of the models. Early Oct I'm headed down to the Outer Banks, if you live in that area I could take a day trip while were down that way.
Now that the kids are grown up and off doing there own things we're starting travel farther for longer periods as opposed to just going camping in one spot for a week, I'm trying to decide the best way to do such. We currently have a Starcraft 18' Hybrid and would like to go to something hard-sided. It's either a bigger more comfortable travel trailer like the Arctic Fox 25', along with the prerequisite 3/4 ton truck/SUV, or go with a more streamlined unit that'll tow easier then the AF like the Escape. While I'm traveling in the next few weeks I'm going to try and stop by Oliver to see the 22'er which looks good on paper but is pretty pricey for me. Irregardless, it'll give me a chance to see a good fiberglass unit. I also want to check out the small Airstreams, but same as the Oliver they are big $$$.
From my limited research the Escape looks like the best fiberglass unit for the $ without breaking the bank, as well as being very tow vehicle friendly, hence my interest. The only problem is seeing one. My only requirements for a trailer are it has to have a usable bathroom to save the midnight runs and for quick pit stops when on the road, and it has to fit myself at 6'2" which most do not. A 74" bed just doesn't cut it for long term use.

Regards
Bob
Old 09-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 'Houdini 2'
Re: Looking for a more or less local trailer to look at

Hi Bob,
We live in Southern VT, about 1/2 an hour north of Brattleboro in a little village called Saxtons River. It is 6 miles west of Bellows Falls. We would love to show you Houdini, our 19' Escape. Our 6' 4" son fits the bed, so I don't think you would have trouble. Let us know when you would like to make a trip up here. It's really pretty here now and getting better by the hour!
Jenny
Old 09-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddys
Hi Bob,
We live in Southern VT, about 1/2 an hour north of Brattleboro in a little village called Saxtons River. It is 6 miles west of Bellows Falls. We would love to show you Houdini, our 19' Escape. Our 6' 4" son fits the bed, so I don't think you would have trouble. Let us know when you would like to make a trip up here. It's really pretty here now and getting better by the hour!
Jenny
Thanks Jenny, sent you a PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:39 AM   #4

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Hi Bob,
If when you head south to OBX, you come down I-81, you'll come by Blacksburg (the center of the Universe) and HokieEscape (our Escape 5th wheel). The 5th wheel is unique in that the bed runs front to back, rather than from side to side, which may favor your height? From here it's 6 1/2 hours to Kitty Hawk. The OBX is our second favorite place in the world!!!! This would be about a 4 hr detour for you (total driving time difference), but I81 is sooo much more beautiful than I95, and you'll probably make up the 4 hrs difference by not sitting in stopped traffic getting around Washington. Love to have you come.
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieEscape
Hi Bob,
If when you head south to OBX, you come down I-81, you'll come by Blacksburg (the center of the Universe) and HokieEscape (our Escape 5th wheel). The 5th wheel is unique in that the bed runs front to back, rather than from side to side, which may favor your height? From here it's 6 1/2 hours to Kitty Hawk. The OBX is our second favorite place in the world!!!! This would be about a 4 hr detour for you (total driving time difference), but I81 is sooo much more beautiful than I95, and you'll probably make up the 4 hrs difference by not sitting in stopped traffic getting around Washington. Love to have you come.
Thank for the offer, sent you a PM
Old 09-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #6

And if you want to see a 17B, we have one out here on Long Island, mid suffolk county. That way you'd see 3 of Escape's models.
Deb
Old 10-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Also looking for a more or less local trailer to look at

(thought I would use this existing thread rather than start another)

We are in West Central Wisconsin (La Crosse/Eau Claire area) and would love to see a 17'B is anyone is reasonably close --- or maybe traveling thru or near our area.

Thanks for any and all help!

Eric

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014

I do not know of one in Wisconsin. I was given a name of someone in the N. Illinois area who had one but I could never get a hold of them. You are not alone in looking. The following users are in the same hunt you are: habberdabber and padlin. I know gharms has ordered a 17B for delivery in spring, you could contact her here on the board and ask if she found an Escape to look at. I have a 19 on order with delivery timed to gharms (same truck from BC - hopefully), I have never seen one.

There is a nice set of photos and a video on the fiberglassRV.com web site of the interior of a 19 and other interiors under construction on the factory floor. A real behind the scenes view of the different models during phases of construction. Search their forum for Kevin KC.

It looks like we will have to start a Wisconsin branch of the Escape Forum. Part of this interest is that alot of people camp from Wisconsin. It is a very popular activity with a multitude of places to camp. I must say "I love it".
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: fudge_brownie... The best thing about Wisconsin I have found so far is Leinenkugels of Chippewa Falls. GREAT BEER and good recipies to cook with it!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie p.s. were about 1 1/2 hrs east of Detroit Mich. 20 min. south of London Ont. Canada.
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #10

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B

Oh Alf, there is more than just Leinenkugel: New Glarus Brewery, Capital Brewery and countless microbreweries that are wonderful!! And really nice cheeses. Sometimes it is just decadent to get some deep-fried cheese curds.... Really bad for you though...

Wohoo, I guess we are getting quite some Escape trailers in our state! I just cannot wait... Today one of my friends wanted to hear more specifics about the trailer I ordered, maybe she is also onto something... Just sent her some pics... :