Looking for advice on three burner stove with oven - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2015, 04:51 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
The Owen runs on gas no worry about electric and a good size for camping . Love ours
What is the Owen?
bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:53 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Jim, with our new Escape 21 (began construction last Friday) we plan on expanding our trailering horizons and doing more travel to far away destinations. To date, the only trailering trip we did outside of BC was when my wife joined me in retirement and we travelled to Utah's awesome canyons. On that trip I don't think we used the oven even once.

Bob K

p.s. We couldn't resist stopping by the ETI factory to measure the cupboards and drawers so we could buy storage bins and trays to fit. Another reason was to satisfy my craving to just sit in the 21, because May 13th is SO FAR OFF! Barb and Hayley were minding the front office and very helpful.
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:05 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
because May 13th is SO FAR OFF!
Getting a we bit impatient, are we?

I hear you on the long trip thing, Bob. This is one of our major plans upon retirement, to take multi-month trips around North America, from Mexico to Alaska, and coast-to-coast. At this time, we may be redefining our needs and desires in our trailer, but we do know that we could definitely work with what we have, if needed.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:20 PM   #24

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I have ovens in my RVs, and we don't use them much. If power is available most stuff needing heating is microwaved, and in the larger RV we have a countertop convection/toaster oven which gets in the way but is convenient to use.

These RV ovens do not have electronic ignition, and the burner is under the oven floor, so lighting them is a pain in the neck, involving getting down on the floor and looking under while inserting a long match or lighter. For my wife this is not practical, so for her the oven is useless. I think it's really annoying that the easily reached stovetop burners are equipped with a piezo ignitor, while the hard-to-reach oven pilot does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
(not sure what make the built in one is and not sure if its convection which I definitely prefer)
I think the Escape range (stove/oven) is an Atwood Wedgewood Vision 17-inch.

A convection oven requires a circulation fan, and that requires power. These RV ovens are designed to work entirely without electricity - even the stovetop burner ignitor is a hand-power piezo device - so the convection fan doesn't really fit in. There could be RV ovens with convection, but I just haven't seen or heard of one.

I think it makes sense, if picking a microwave oven, to chose one with a convection feature; I would not expect to find convection in the propane oven.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:05 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
What is the Owen?
Very tired . Oven .
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Met Steve & Danielle from Rossland B.C. in Bishop, CA yesterday. They were on their maiden voyage in their new 21. We traded tours and my wife liked their 3 burner stove. As most know you only lose some behind the stove space which doesn't seem to matter.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:20 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Bob K, wifey also isn't fond of the over-the-bed cabinets for clothes storage in the 21 (she's also a bit short.) The space under the 21 bed is huge; you could add a drawer for her clothes, this one is 36 inches long on full extension slides:
Attached Thumbnails
bed_drawer.jpg  

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:43 AM   #28

Charley, do you have a picture of how the under bed space looks with the drawer track in place? We were considering stuffing plastic runs through the door and maneuvering them around to make maximum use of the space, but your drawer solution looks like a better option.
Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #29

Charley, that drawer looks awesome. Is that a mod that ETI will do or do we need to find someone to do it for us? Also I noticed the electrical outlet beside it. Do you find that to be a useful place for an outlet?
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #30
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Charley, that drawer looks awesome. Is that a mod that ETI will do or do we need to find someone to do it for us? Also I noticed the electrical outlet beside it. Do you find that to be a useful place for an outlet?
Dunno if ETI would do the drawer or not, you can ask. It's relatively simple to build it on a baseplate of plywood and then install the assembly under the bed since the access door is right there.

I added the outlet so wifey can sit on the edge of the bed and use her hair dryer while looking in the mirror on the inside of the bathroom door.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 04-18-2015, 11:13 PM   #31

Trailer: not yet
That doesn't look like a hair dryer plugged in to it...are you sure it was for her?
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:19 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
That doesn't look like a hair dryer plugged in to it...are you sure it was for her?
LOL - I use it when not camping............

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 05-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #33

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
We did not get the oven, as we had one in our previous trailer, which got used twice in 12 years. (snip)

There are lots, and lots, of great ways to cook, and we enjoy fabulous meals prepared with the BBQ and Coleman stove (and some campfire cooking too). (snip)
I use my waffle iron for much of my cooking. Omelet, hash browns and bacon for breakfast. Quisadillas (sp) for lunch. Marinated chicken strips for dinner.

Tried gluten free brownies 3 times, which was not a good experience during any of those attempts. I have a cookbook on using a waffle iron for many other items, which I plan to try.

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:05 PM   #34

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Charley,
Did you build the under-bed Box? If not, what is your source? It looks very nice and would make storage more accessible. Also, could you provide the dimensions?
Thank you!
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:24 PM   #35
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
Charley,
Did you build the under-bed Box? If not, what is your source? It looks very nice and would make storage more accessible. Also, could you provide the dimensions?
Thank you!
Carla, I'll check where I purchased the box itself. Send me a PM or email through my website to remind me. It was around $90 USD as I recall, very well built out of dovetailed 1/2 inch solid birch. Dims are 36 long by 12 wide by 10 inches tall.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com