Looking for advice on three burner stove with oven - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-16-2015, 08:07 AM   #1

Trailer: looking to purchase 21 foot
Looking for advice on three burner stove with oven

We have just ordered a 21foot escape, we think we'd like an oven but this only comes with the three burner stove. Does anyone out there have pictures of their three burner stove and oven. Also would like input on whether an oven is used often, my wife thinks it's an option that she would use. How much cupboard space is lost with the oven? Thanks Steve.
Barylski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:52 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
We have the stove in our 19'. Don't use it a whole lot, but we are happy we have it (especially after eating fresh hot cinnamon buns in the morning). Before we purchased, we thought that loss in storage space was going to be an issue, but the 19' has so much storage space elsewhere, it has never been a problem for us. We did get two drawers installed below the wardrobe to compensate for some of the lost space due to the stove. The 21' has even more cupboard space than the 19', so you should not have to worry at all about having too little.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (May 2015)
Send a message via Skype™ to HappyCampers
We have had the stove with oven in past campers, while we didn't use it a lot, it is wonderful to have fresh scones for breakfast on a cool morning. The heat from having the oven on also takes the chill out of the camper, same with making a pizza on a cold rainy evening when we can't cook outside. I don't look at it as totally wasted space because when it is not in use, our pizza pan, fry pan and lid, a small cake pan, and an old toaster pan are stored in it. We ordered it again but I can't offer pictures, "Our Roam Home" (5TA) is still in production due to be finished next Tuesday!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 21ft Escape
We have a 21 and I wanted the oven. Same as above, nice for fresh breads and pizza. I am a Southern girl and it makes great corn bread. I don't miss the storage space, there is so much storage in the 21ft. I guess you lose one deep cabinet. You won't miss what you don't have. As far as having 3 burners, don't think I would ever have all 3 going at one time. I also put a wooden cutting board on the 3 burners and it comes in handy. I got it at Camping World and it fits the stove perfectly. Took off the black cover.

Robbie
trailseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:08 AM   #5

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barylski View Post
We have just ordered a 21foot escape, we think we'd like an oven but this only comes with the three burner stove. Does anyone out there have pictures of their three burner stove and oven. Also would like input on whether an oven is used often, my wife thinks it's an option that she would use. How much cupboard space is lost with the oven? Thanks Steve.
Hi Steve,
Norma loves to cook inside our 21, but instead of a full time oven we carry a Breville 1800 watt toaster over in the bottom/back of the pantry cabinet (next to the fridge). It comes out and sits on the counter or a table under the awning when she wants to use it...no lighting and the cabinet under the 3 burner is available for all the cooking implements we use every day.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:01 AM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
We love the oven. Donna D talked me into it knowing that I love to bake while camping and have tried baking in just about every type of camping oven you can think of! (Thanks Donna!). We had debated because of storage and also considered a toaster oven as some others have done. How are you going to camp? Do you want to be able to bake if you are off grid with no power? I did, so we ordered the oven. There is plenty of cupboard space for us and we LOVE the counter space! We eliminated the cover and use the wooden cutting board cover (it has grips on the bottom that keep it stable when traveling.)
It's all good! You'll love the 21.
Kathie
Here's a pic so you get an idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Oven21.JPG  
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #7

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
On the no oven side

Didn't use it on the last trailer so we didn't get it on this one. DW said to get the 3 burner as opposed to the 2, so we did. You can see the cabinet arraignment ETI used on our 5.0 TA.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0058 (960 x 576).jpg   IMAG0059 (960 x 576).jpg  
Old 04-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
I plan to get a good quality convection/toaster oven. My thinking is that it might possibly be a better quality over (not sure what make the built in one is and not sure if its convection which I definitely prefer), can be used outdoors on a hot day, and can be left at home if on a trip where we won't need it or need the storage space instead. I can even use it at home if I need an extra oven! One drawback with this plan might be that I think these portable ovens (looking at a Kitchen Aid) might be smaller than the built in oven. But there are always tradeoffs!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I didn't get the oven. Shoot I don't even cook very much. I just camp close to Dave&Kathie
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:57 AM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Jill, toaster ovens can be whatever size you want. Finding the perfect size might be a challenge, especially new. But they are out there.

I don't know, but I doubt the ETI ovens are convection. People put in oven stones/tiles to help with consistent heating.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:02 PM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
We got the two burner and are very happy we did. Never used or had a need to use more than 2 burners. Our next kitchen gadget will definitely be an Instant Pot 5 quart electric pressure cooker. Met a couple on the road that had one in their RV and you cannot believe how good it cooks or how quick it is. Bean soup in 15 to 20 minutes.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:08 PM   #12

Trailer: none
Does anyone know if there is a convenient storage space on a 19' to store a Panasonic NB-G110PW FlashXpress Toaster Oven?
Dimensions: 13.5 inches x 13.5 inches x 14.5 inches
We use one at home and really like it. I would like to have one for the TT.
Amazon.com: Panasonic NB-G110PW FlashXpress Toaster Oven, White: Kitchen & Dining
r1200gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:16 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
We love the oven. Donna D talked me into it knowing that I love to bake while camping and have tried baking in just about every type of camping oven you can think of! (Thanks Donna!). We had debated because of storage and also considered a toaster oven as some others have done. How are you going to camp? Do you want to be able to bake if you are off grid with no power? I did, so we ordered the oven. There is plenty of cupboard space for us and we LOVE the counter space! We eliminated the cover and use the wooden cutting board cover (it has grips on the bottom that keep it stable when traveling.)
It's all good! You'll love the 21.
Kathie
Here's a pic so you get an idea.
Toaster ovens are nice have one at home . One consideration is you need .electric to run a toaster owen . The Owen runs on gas no worry about electric and a good size for camping . Love ours
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:51 PM   #14

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We have the oven in our 19 and use it a lot. Plus it also is good for storage of the oven pans.

Steve
2019 Chevy Silverado RST 1500, 5.3L
sjnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:11 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
We did not get the oven, as we had one in our previous trailer, which got used twice in 12 years. Everyone has a different style of living with these trailers, and you have do decide what yours will be. We do almost all our cooking outside, and have done lots of baking in the BBQ. We just love being outside more than inside, is all. Our flush-mount, glass-covered, stove/sink combo came with 3 burners, and we have never used the 3rd burner yet. I just bought a similar 2 burner unit for the trailer I am rebuilding for my daughter, and like it a lot more.

There are lots, and lots, of great ways to cook, and we enjoy fabulous meals prepared with the BBQ and Coleman stove (and some campfire cooking too). Sure, an oven/crock pot/pressure cooker/microwave/toaster oven/dutch oven/pie iron/etc ways of cooking can be great, but we take pride in good eating with just the two appliances, and truly do enjoy keeping it simple. We could never begin to make in our lifetime, all the different great dishes possible with the methods we employ. I know others have knocked our simpler style, in defence of their preferences, but hey, it works for us, and we always have lots of good eats.

At home, we use the oven a lot. The microwave not so much.

However, if part of your enjoyment while camping is to bake, then by all means you should get it, and if you were to ever offer me a tasty morsel prepared in your oven, not a chance I would turn it down.

This is my way of thinking at this time, but times change.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:30 PM   #16

Trailer: none
Jim -

Would you mind sending me a link to the sink/stove combo you are talking about?
r1200gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:38 PM   #17

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Here's a photo of our installation:
[/IMG]

We got the three-burner stove and the oven and use them both all the time. We didn't like the bi-fold stove lid so we got a custom polyethylene cutting board from these guys (www.cuttingboardcompany.com) and screwed it to the stove lid. It provides a lot more counter space when the lid is down and you don't have to fight with the folding part each time you want to use the stove.
Attached Thumbnails
20140320_132213.jpg  
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:47 PM   #18

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We had an oven in our stick trailer and used it several times on each fishing trip (2x per week), heating up lasagna, toasting garlic bread, and baking the odd dish (foil packs of potatoes/chicken/vegetables). I think if you boon dock a lot in cooler weather it I can be a worthwhile option. Most of our fishing trips we can't depend on good weather to use our portable grill and also the winds are often too strong to have the awning out.

The fact that an oven takes up some very valuable storage space is an issue for us, but we elected to get one anyhow. We seem to be one of the few on this forum who don't believe the Escape 21 has lots of storage, especially convenient storage for someone (wife) too short to see into the ceiling level storage cupboards. I think it really depends on where you are coming from. For people used to camping in a tent or a smaller fibreglass trailer the storage space appears to be fantastic. Our experience is different. The number of drawers and their volume in the Escape 21 is probably half what we had in our Nash 19 (cabin size 19 feet). The cupboard space is also less than half in volume. The under bed and under dinette seat storage helps, but it isn't very convenient. We are still happy with the Escape 21 for its many other features, the greatest being the build quality, waterproof shell and unbelievable support from Reace and Tammy. We are so grateful to Reace for figuring out a way of restoring one of the two drawers that were lost due to the furnace relocation, particularly because of the proximity to the kitchen.

It is not my intention to rain on the parade, just to give another perspective on the storage.

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1200gs View Post
Jim -

Would you mind sending me a link to the sink/stove combo you are talking about?
This is the stove I bought for my daughters trailer. Not certain that is is CSA approved though, and Escape could not install it if is isn't. Not that it is not a good product, it is used a lot in Europe.

Smev MO 9222 Caravan Sink and Hob Combination Unit

This is what Escape did install for me, as it is CSA approved. Same manufacturer, as ours says SMEV on it, but this one says Cramer, not certain why this is, just a listing I found.

Cramer CE00-MINI/BO-HI/27-I-G 3 Burner Caravan Hob & Sink Combination Unit
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
I think it really depends on where you are coming from.
How very true, Bob.

Many here have not camped at all, or if they have, have done so in much larger unite. Others have spend countless weekends and holidays sleeping in tents. Two completely different approaches to an Escape trailering experience.

A different approach to what you have used the oven for, with how we do the same thing is, we have made lasagne from scratch, and baked it in the BBQ, garlic toast is done in a fry pan, or on a griddle (better this way too), and foil packs of veggies are very common, mostly thrown onto the coals of a fire, or done in the BBQ. I bet others have even more methods to skin the same cats.

One thing we have not done much of, in all our RVing, is to camp where it is windy. Now, that would send me inside WAY faster than cold or rain. We have eaten outside in the sunshine with temps barely above freezing lots, and are just used to it. But, I really dislike wind, and could see us cooking inside way more under these conditions, though I imagine I would still have the BBQ near the door, and be grilling outside.