My 2017 build sheet - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2016, 10:57 AM   #51

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Ron, the Butter Rum being a non standard color just means there's an up charge. As long as it's still available from Formica, they can get it. You don't have to supply it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-10-2016, 09:47 AM   #52

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Trim

Where is the trim located people have been talking about trim on Formica where is this we are about to go Lowes to get samples of Formica

jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:54 AM   #53

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Where is the trim located people have been talking about trim on Formica where is this we are about to go Lowes to get samples of Formica
The little strip around the edges.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #54

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
If you get the non frameless thermal the escape window is thermal also...
OK, I'm sure this was discussed before but I must have missed it. It's a bit strange that the options for the old style say "Thermal Windows (Not all windows available in Thermal)" and for the new it says "Frame-less Thermal Windows (Includes Opening Rear Window, Frt. Window with Rock Shield Non-Thermal)", but it's really the same number of thermal windows. I may have to rethink that one later. I'll wait to see what the first owners that get them say.
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:31 AM   #55

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
It's called "T" molding Jim, because viewed from the end of the strip it looks like a T. The base of the T goes into a groove in the edge of the countertop or table. Escape will do it in 4 colors I believe: White, Tan, Brown and Black. It's usually pretty easy to determine which of those would work with your chosen Formica color.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #56
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfree View Post
OK, I'm sure this was discussed before but I must have missed it. It's a bit strange that the options for the old style say "Thermal Windows (Not all windows available in Thermal)" and for the new it says "Frame-less Thermal Windows (Includes Opening Rear Window, Frt. Window with Rock Shield Non-Thermal)", but it's really the same number of thermal windows. I may have to rethink that one later. I'll wait to see what the first owners that get them say.
Regular windows, all slide open but front w/awning guard and back. Thermal, all are thermal sliders except the front w/awning guard and bath window, all open except the front and back. Frameless Thermal, all are thermal awning style, including bath all open except for front/w awning guard. I hope this helps. The kitchen window is optional in the 17 and 19 as are the bath windows. The 21 has kitchen as standard and bath is optional.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:50 PM   #57

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
If your Lowe's is anything like ours, you'll be sorely disappointed by what you find there. The samples are small, limited in selection and if you pick up the brochure, half of what you fall in love with will be discontinued. But, they're a starting point.

To get a better idea of what's available, go to the Formica site and cruise around there. Look at the various colors and then click on "get free sample" or however it's worded. If you get a choice of sizes, get the larger size. There's a limit to how many you can get (10, I think), but you can always place another order for more samples. I can't think how I know that!

Then, when you get all those free samples in hand, start looking them over, tossing aside the ones that don't look as great in person as they did on their site and another pile for "yeah, I like this one" colors. Get it narrowed down. Compare it to the custom flooring and fabrics you want (if going that route). Eventually you'll know what you want.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:02 PM   #58

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Called Formica and they sent 5X7 samples.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:29 PM   #59
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Yep, you don't want to make a decision based on a business card size sample. I almost made a very, very bad mistake. I fell in love with a small sample, fortunately ordered the 5x7.... and hated it! It would have made me sick if I had gone with that first instinct. I think the same goes for the fabric. You can get samples from a lot of places, but if you can get a yard that's even better. I found the yard I needed on eBay and was very glad I did. You can always use that extra yard to make pillows.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #60

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Formica

We found some nice fabric and some Formica that should go nicely ?How do we post that again ?

jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote