My 2019 E21 Build list with some reasons for my choices.... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
Asked to have the door in the cabinet next to the entrance enlarged to fit a good sized wastebasket in there, I'll probably install a shelf just above the outer hatch in that cabinet so I can store my power cord below the wastebasket.
Hi Marsman, We were informed by Linda at ETI that the outer hatch to the right of the door is no longer part of the 5.0 build, are you aware of that?
Old 11-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #22

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Hi Marsman, We were informed by Linda at ETI that the outer hatch to the right of the door is no longer part of the 5.0 build, are you aware of that?
That outer hatch door has been eliminated. There will now be a full height cabinet door on the inside to allow access to that space. The fire extinguisher will be relocated from the right side of the doorway to the left side below the sink.

My understanding is that originally that hatch existed to provide access to the emergency cranking spot for the front landing jack on that side. That's no longer the case, it is accessed from inside the center compartment now, so they eliminated the hatch and made that cabinet space fully accessible from inside the trailer. The small exterior hatch and storage area on the driver side (where the toilet cutoff valve goes if you get that feature) is still there.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:59 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
My understanding is that originally that hatch existed to provide access to the emergency cranking spot for the front landing jack on that side.
That cabinet isn't deep enough nor forward enough to get to the jacks. I guess they eliminated the two small round hatches on the front? That kinda makes sense, but since I travel solo, I'd prefer to be outside the trailer so I could see when the landing gear is fully down. Otherwise I'd run in and out of the trailer. Frankly, I hope I never have to use the emergency crank!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:27 PM   #24

Yes I am as of aware of it as of our meeting with Melissa yesterday, i guess that's why they now make the bigger cabinet door for the cabinet by the door, oh well, thats how the cookie cru bles. All in all we were very impressed with the look and quality of construction in the demo unit, made me go WOW!
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:24 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
The small exterior hatch and storage area on the driver side (where the toilet cutoff valve goes if you get that feature) is still there.
Does anyone know how large the storage area is for that hatch (where the toilet cutoff valve is)?
Old 11-28-2018, 03:45 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape 21
https://www.amazon.com/Tensile-Table.../dp/B010EY1O88
Re post #1...
Jim, Is this the type power pedestal you refer to?

Maybe in the rear of the kitchen counter top, for small appliances?
Old 11-28-2018, 04:14 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I was thinking a smaller unit, but yes, a pull up 120v/12v power for coffee or any other electrical appliance. Will need to install a 120v outlet underneath for power. This one does not pop up but is compact and less expensive. The hard part like I said is tapping into an existing power source. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DL2M2YH...f-2d5ac68107a8
Old 11-28-2018, 05:38 PM   #28

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrgramps View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Tensile-Table.../dp/B010EY1O88
Re post #1...
Jim, Is this the type power pedestal you refer to?

Maybe in the rear of the kitchen counter top, for small appliances?
This is what I did...
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...cle-10716.html
Old 11-28-2018, 06:02 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The hard part like I said is tapping into an existing power source.
That one is more practical and sturdier looking too!

Maybe ETI could run another outlet inside the kitchen cabinet, if they don’t want to install the unit. Otherwise, tap into the circuit that is already in the front of the cabinet. Tapping into the backside of the current box depends on how sealed the standard AC outlet is.

Although a standard outlet is in the front cabinet frame, plugging appliances into the front of it means bumping those plugs sticking out. Are they residential type, or are they sealed to prevent tampering?

If common, residential/household boxes, then tapping the backside is easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
That’s nice!
Old 11-28-2018, 06:15 PM   #30

If you want an outlet inside the lower cabinet, I believe they will uncharge you for a 20 amp circuit, ie, microwave outlet. I'm just get an extra one by the door and hopefully remove it and tap into the power there to feed the pedestal. I'm not sure you are aware of this, but Escape now installs a new type of outlet that does not lend itself easily for modifications. So I plan to replace the entire outlet with a conventional outlet that can be daisy chained.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:50 PM   #31

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
...Escape now installs a new type of outlet that does not lend itself easily for modifications. So I plan to replace the entire outlet with a conventional outlet that can be daisy chained.
I’ve sent Melisa an email with attached power receptical information from Amazon, to see if ETI would install it. If not, then we’ll have to take matters into our own hands. If we are daring and dashing, that is. At 71, I just don’t relish laying under the sink. So I may be daring, but am not sure about dashing.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:48 PM   #32

Please post if they will, my soon to be 73 year old eyes are slowly making things harder to fix...