My Escape 5.0TA order - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #121

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Hi Kent, we are in the process of doing our build sheet and being you have now lived with your dinette decision I am wondering if you would share your thoughts. We also plan on the U shaped dinette, the Lagun table mount and looking to widen the back bench 5". How has this worked out for you and any other thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ronn
Ronn, no regrets with my decision. When I was working with Tina and received the approval. I went back and forth between adding 4 or 5 inches and decided on additional 4 inches, but would not add more then 5 inches. Stock depth is 18 inches from back wall.

Having the extra inches makes the rear bench more usable and a side benefit is extra space below the bench for Lagun back mount and if you plan on adding solar and or other electrical parts and pieces. Even with this change you can sit up to 4 people if needed, 3 comfortable and two very comfortable. Wished ETI used thicker or firmer foam for the cushions.

I also opted for 4 inch back cushion across the back and glad I did.

Besides the faucet issue talked about on other thread, one thing I would do differently.

Instead of having them put shower diverter center of wall I would have them put in corner were sink would go. Having faucet on center of wall is kind of in the way. Remember I opted for no bath sink. No regrets on not having bath sink. If you have bath sink, the faucet is mounted on sink in corner.

I'm in the process of changing the single handle Dura Faucet to two handle with tub diverter as I'm not happy with the single handle.
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:46 PM   #122

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Ronn, no regrets with my decision. When I was working with Tina and received the approval. I went back and forth between adding 4 or 5 inches and decided on additional 4 inches, but would not add more then 5 inches. Stock depth is 18 inches from back wall.
It sounds as if you are happy that you went with a 4" wider bench even with the wider 'back' cushion? We went back and forth between 4 to 6 inches and settled for 5"

Having the extra inches makes the rear bench more usable and a side benefit is extra space below the bench for Lagun back mount and if you plan on adding solar and or other electrical parts and pieces.
good point as I could see on your Lagun mount the space looked tight

Even with this change you can sit up to 4 people if needed, 3 comfortable and two very comfortable.

Wished ETI used thicker or firmer foam for the cushions.
are you talking about the seat cushion or both the seat and back could be thicker/denser?

I also opted for 4 inch back cushion across the back and glad I did.
I did notice that the "back cushion" on the rear seat was much thinner but we didn't widen it, I am going to change that to 4"

Besides the faucet issue talked about on other thread, one thing I would do differently.

Instead of having them put shower diverter center of wall I would have them put in corner were sink would go. Having faucet on center of wall is kind of in the way. Remember I opted for no bath sink. No regrets on not having bath sink. If you have bath sink, the faucet is mounted on sink in corner.
we are keeping the bathroom faucet as is

I'm in the process of changing the single handle Dura Faucet to two handle with tub diverter as I'm not happy with the single handle.
Thanks
Old 11-09-2018, 06:53 PM   #123

Quote:
Thanks

Ronn, with regards to cushion thickness I would prefer firmer or thicker cushion for seats. I thick all seat back cushions should be firmer.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #124

Quote:
Today I installed black Formica panels into refrigerator doors and started the Lagun table mount project.

The only thing remaining for the Lagun mount is to install the metal brace behind the wall, but that will have to wait until after Osoyoos.

It is pretty solid without the metal brace now as I mounted two ¾” plywood panels; one panel to fill the framing behind the bench foot board and the second larger panel to sandwich the inserted panel and the framing.

I also ran a strip of 3/4” angle aluminum across the top of bench as well.
Hi Kent, I am curious as to how you attached the first (of 2) plywood piece, I see that it looks like you screwed the second on into the first one. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
1_Lagun_Mount_DSC_2010.jpg  
Old 04-24-2019, 06:46 PM   #125

Quote:
Hi Kent, I am curious as to how you attached the first (of 2) plywood piece, I see that it looks like you screwed the second on into the first one. Thanks
Ronn, the first 3/4 inch plywood was cut to fit inside the existing framing and the second 3/4" piece was cut to overlape and screw to the framing, thus sandwiching the first piece.

The stock Lagun mount bolts were replaced with longer bolts and go through the stock factory foot-board, two 3/4" pieces of plywood and the metal reinforcing mount bolted to the floor under the bench.

At the time my local ACE hardware did not have count-sunk screws in the length I needed and ended up with a pan head style that fits inside the count-sink recess.

Very solid!
Old 04-24-2019, 06:59 PM   #126

Quote:
Ronn, picture with bracket mounted.
Attached Thumbnails
3_Finished Bracket_DSC_2054.jpg  
Old 04-24-2019, 08:38 PM   #127

Quote:
Ronn, the first 3/4 inch plywood was cut to fit inside the existing framing and the second 3/4" piece was cut to overlape and screw to the framing, thus sandwiching the first piece.

The stock Lagun mount bolts were replaced with longer bolts and go through the stock factory foot-board, two 3/4" pieces of plywood and the metal reinforcing mount bolted to the floor under the bench.

At the time my local ACE hardware did not have count-sunk screws in the length I needed and ended up with a pan head style that fits inside the count-sink recess.

Very solid!
Got it, great. Thank you
Old 04-25-2019, 07:01 AM   #128

Trailer: Winnebego Micro-Mini 2106 FBS
Where are you taking it for it’s shakedown trip?
Congratulations!
Old 07-24-2019, 10:37 PM   #129

Tall Cabinet 5.0TA

As I use my 5.0TA I found I like using the tall cabinet on the passenger side to store non hanging clothes as it is easy access.

Sometime back I decided to put in shelves, but did not want anything permanent and finally came up with this.

The baskets work well for holding socks, shorts, pants etc.

Nothing is screwed into the existing cabinet and all can be removed returning the cabinet to original blank canvas.

Remaining items to finish is glue the front stops to the shelves and stain the shelves.

Once completed I will post pictures showing how I put this together for anyone interested.
Attached Thumbnails
1 DSC_0101.JPG   2 IMG_0080.JPG   3 IMG_0094.JPG   4 IMG_0099.JPG  
Old 05-25-2020, 08:23 PM   #130

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA in about a year. Lol
Full Height Cabinet to Right of Entry Door, do you have a picture of that?
1200bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:17 PM   #131

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Here you go....I added the interior shelves, it comes without them.
Attached Thumbnails
Tall cabinet shelves.jpg