New 19' Escape coming to Texas - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19'
New 19' Escape coming to Texas

Howdy all! We've put down our deposit and are working on the build sheet for our own new 19' Escape, which we plan on calling "Roly Poly". We've been reading the forum for a while now, and we thought it was about time we actually posted something. This will be our first trailer, and we couldn't be more excited. We've been looking around for a trailer for a couple of years, but we just couldn't bring ourselves to actually spend any money on a stick-built trailer. We, like many others we've read about here, were looking at a Casita since we're in Texas. We found the Escape, read this and other forums, and placed an order 3 days later (sight unseen, I might add - If any Escapees are going to be headed through west Texas, let us know!).

One of the customizations we are considering is raising the entire dinette area 2 inches. My wife and I are both long-legged, and we also think it will help us see out the windows better. Does anyone have any thoughts about how this might affect someone sleeping under the cot? Since we haven't seen one in person, we're not sure how much room there actually is between the dinette bed and the cot. Would those 2 inches make it uncomfortable?

We've really enjoyed reading this forum and getting great ideas from all the owners out there, and we are looking forward to sharing our ideas and experiences with our fellow Escapees.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Re: New 19' Escape coming to Texas

Hi... we are also excited about our Escape15 .... but you are getting your "first" trailer ! That really really exciting .... congratulations !
Old 05-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

I would think that you could order thicker cushions, and if needed, a longer post for the table at little cost.

baglo
Old 05-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #4

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19

We don't have the cot option, so I can't comment on that. I am 5'7", husband is 6'1", and son is 6'6", and all three of us are comfortable with the standard dinette seat height. As the shortest of the three, I can see out of the windows to my satisfaction, and it must be even better for them.

I did measure the dinette seat height for you, so you can go around your house sitting and measuring and pondering. The top of the storage box under the dinette seat is 15 3/8". With the 4" cushions (which are pretty firm and don't sink down much under our weight), the seat height measures about 19 1/2". From the top of the seat cushion to the bottom of the window glass is 26 1/2". In my opinion, the view out the windows is limited more by window size (not complaining, just explaining) than by seat height.

--Liz
Old 05-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA

Howdy Codeman,

Welcome to the Texas clan of Escape owners. I have lost count of the number of Texas Escapes down here now. The fiberglass RV family is the best part of ownership. We share in your excitement and anticipation. We have been waiting since January for production of our Lone Star Edition 5.0 and will make the trip to BC in July. See you out there somewhere/someday.

daveand sandyclink
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

With several in Texas, one in Nebraska, one in Delaware, I'm in Pennsylvania, it appears to be spreading eastward. Maybe we can have an Escape rally here in the States, like in Missouri or some place in the middle.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 5.0 (sold)

Hi Codeman,

Welcome to the group. You will love your Escape. You will also find some really good people who own fiberglass trailers here in the Texas area and elsewhere.

It just happens that we will be traveling through west Texas this Wednesday (5/23) on our way to British Columbia. Our route is along I-10 through Ft Stockton, then through Pecos and into New Mexico. We do have a long day planned for Wednesday but we certainly have time to meet somewhere for a tour and maybe lunch? Let me know.

Marv
Old 05-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMarvin
Hi Codeman,

Welcome to the group. You will love your Escape. You will also find some really good people who own fiberglass trailers here in the Texas area and elsewhere.

It just happens that we will be traveling through west Texas this Wednesday (5/23) on our way to British Columbia. Our route is along I-10 through Ft Stockton, then through Pecos and into New Mexico. We do have a long day planned for Wednesday but we certainly have time to meet somewhere for a tour and maybe lunch? Let me know.

Marv
Marv,

We would love to meet you in Ft. Stockton, but unfortunately Wednesday is the last day of Kindergarten for our son. If you are coming back this way on your return trip, maybe we can get together then. We really appreciate the offer!

Coby
Old 05-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvomaha
We don't have the cot option, so I can't comment on that. I am 5'7", husband is 6'1", and son is 6'6", and all three of us are comfortable with the standard dinette seat height. As the shortest of the three, I can see out of the windows to my satisfaction, and it must be even better for them.

I did measure the dinette seat height for you, so you can go around your house sitting and measuring and pondering. The top of the storage box under the dinette seat is 15 3/8". With the 4" cushions (which are pretty firm and don't sink down much under our weight), the seat height measures about 19 1/2". From the top of the seat cushion to the bottom of the window glass is 26 1/2". In my opinion, the view out the windows is limited more by window size (not complaining, just explaining) than by seat height.

--Liz
Liz, thank you so much for the measurements. That really helped - after taking some measurements around the house, I think we are going to skip on that modification and leave well enough alone.

Thanks again for the quick reply and taking the time to get those measurements for us.

Coby
Old 05-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #10

Welcome, Codeman.

Having been in a similar situation - discovering Escape after considering Casita, and then deciding to buy our first trailer within a week - I can tell you that everything that happened since has only reinforced our decision.

We had the benefit of viewing one the day before we put down our deposit, but we were already planning "go" based upon what we read here. The owners' feedback was pretty consistent with everything you see here on the forums, and we liked the quality we saw.

The main benefits of viewing the trailer first-hand were that we were able to get a sense for how its owners used it, could see some of the available options, and had a better reference point for some of the modifications we will make. If your build is later this summer, you still have some time to see one.
David R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #11

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19

Coby, I'm so glad the measurements were helpful. Like you, we ordered our 19 quickly and didn't see one in advance. Several times during the build decisions, I wished for dimensions of this or that, or to see more pictures of details. Our 19 is living on our driveway, so I'm happy to run out there and measure or take photos when there is a question. --Liz
Old 05-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 5.0 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
Marv,

We would love to meet you in Ft. Stockton, but unfortunately Wednesday is the last day of Kindergarten for our son.
Okay, next time. You're also welcome to come to the hill country some time and see it.