New 21 - Any examples of custom sinks please - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2018, 11:23 PM   #21

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We also purchased the Houzer sink that David and Foxhunt mentioned above ... and we love it. Since it is a larger sink, we were worried that when we didn't have full hookups, we might put too much water into the grey tank so we purchased a Fecihor collapsible dish tub and it works like a charm. I see that they're no longer available but this one is a good substitute, even if it doesn't have the handles: https://www.amazon.com/SAMMART-2-4Ga...08973194&psc=1. Of course, I was at our local Home Goods store and found the Fecihor for $9.99 ... after I had paid about $25 for ours.

One thing to remember when installing a larger sink ... you may lose some of your space in the cupboard underneath the sink. We noticed it because we had a 19' with the ETI sink before the 21' and couldn't figure out why things didn't 'fit'; however, we have adjusted beautifully.

And, just as an FYI, here is the faucet we ordered: https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Faucets/.../PF231461.html. Our RV Tech recommended it on our 19' and we liked it so well we ordered it on our 21'. Here's a photo with both the sink and the faucet (our sink is Black).
Attached Thumbnails
Final Kitchen.jpg  

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #22

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Here's a photo of our sink. ETI won't install this particular one any longer due to how it's connected to the counter (forget why - under mount maybe; dunno). They only installed two like this. Nathan used a regular kitchen faucet that sits up higher than ours (which is a bar faucet) and he said it splashes water all over the place. Ours doesn't.

Even though they won't install this one, you can get an idea of what a black sink looks like, which goes very well (we think!) with the countertop.

I also had them rotate the sink as I thought having the faucet off to the left side would be easier for me than in the right corner. Heck if I know if it made a difference as I've never used a sink in another Escape trailer. But it's not in the way when I'm washing dishes and moving them over to the drying mat, so I guess it was a correct decision for me.

Whatever sink you choose, make sure your dishes and pans will fit in there when you want to wash them. I use full size dinner plates and they fit just fine in the sink. As does my large Magma cooking pan (minus the handle). I don't need much water in the sink so I'm not worried about wasting water while washing/rinsing. I always wipe everything off that I can with paper towels and if I'm dry camping for any length of time I can use damp paper towels for most of the dish cleaning. (I don't like paper plates so that's not an option for me.)

The pull out faucet is rather worthless in the smaller sink though. I've pulled it out a few times but it's not something I use regularly like I do at home with a much larger sink.

{Other things to note in this photo: The Peel & Stick on the wall (photo like this, and my comments on it, was published in a recent issue of Trailer Life!!), the cellular shades we installed in the trailer and the cover over the stove top that Dirk built. Oh, and the different colored screw covers - first thing I changed in the trailer.}
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01824.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:01 AM   #23

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Ooops, thought I included the photo of the blind closed, so here it is from a different angle (and you get to see more of the cover that I absolutely love).
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01826.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:44 AM   #24

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglingMad View Post
but would be grateful for suggestions and/or photos and feedback on how they work for youThanks
If you go with aftermarket faucet make sure it is mounted with enough clearance so window shade does not hit the back of the faucet when shade is pulled down. ETI mounted mine about 1/8 to 1/4 inch to far back and my kitchen window shade rests against it. I pointed it out to Reace at the last Rally.

Normally the installer will mount the faucet so the spout is centered on the drain. Depending on faucet, this could put the back part to close to window shade.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_1956.jpg  
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #25

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
If you go with aftermarket faucet make sure it is mounted with enough clearance so window shade does not hit the back of the faucet when shade is pulled down. ETI mounted mine about 1/8 to 1/4 inch to far back and my kitchen window shade rests against it. I pointed it out to Reace at the last Rally.

Normally the installer will mount the faucet so the spout is centered on the drain. Depending on faucet, this could put the back part to close to window shade.
Great tip, thanks for sharing this Kent.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:32 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
i bought a slightly larger sink - deeper sink. ...
We (actually - I, the chief dishwasher) went for a larger, deeper sink.
Purchased at Home Depot, and from the invoice: "Top Mount Stainless Steel 19.125x17x8 2-Hole Single Bowl Bar Sink $115.00 Model # BMSK802". I believe this is the same sink that Donna has.
The faucet is a Moen S61708 Ascent One-Handle High Arc Pulldown Bar Faucet Featuring Reflex, Chrome

The weight on the pull-out hose is a bit of a pain and next time I would go with a magnetic catch on the sprayer. The problem is a good amount of the area under the sink is occupied by the weight and hose.
--
Alan
Attached Thumbnails
kitchenA.jpg   kitchensink1B.jpg  
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Yep and I love my sink Alan. Unfortunately ETI will no longer mount a sink where the faucet sits on the rim. That's one of the best features of this sink. Eventually I'll be installing a Hepvo to get rid of the J-trap under the sink. That will open up a lot more space.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape 21 Build due for May Completion - towed by 2018 F150 S/Crew 3.5L EcoBoost XLT/FX4 6.5 Box
Our thanks to you all for sharing your experience and giving us such great feedback. I think this thread will be very useful to others. Re loss of storage we are lucky that as novices we have not been used to any previous trailers so it will be easier to work with what we have. The Houzer sinks do look really nice but we have a preference for a Stainless Steel sink like the one Kent has used so will explore the availability of one of those. I will make the point to ETI about the Tap location relative to the blind. I did ask them about installation of the the HepVo trap but got the same answer others have. So will carry out this mod once we have had some experience of how the standard solution works. We also really like the peel and stick wall covering Laura and Dirk have used so now going searching for something similar to match with our worktop.
AnglingMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:09 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape 21
I’ve found the Houzer E-100 at Amazon, but it’s over $100 to ship it to ETI. How can shipping costs be lowered?
Rrgramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:26 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Check on wayfair they have free shipping and you can have it sent to ETI
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:03 PM   #31

Trailer: 2019 19' Escape Trailer
What about Amazon canada?
lesliebooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:05 AM   #32

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Houzer E-100 (in black)
  • at Amazon.com: US$157.35 + US$136.67 Shipping & Import Fees (total US$294.02)
  • at Amazon.ca: CA$302.99 w/ free shipping (US$229.32)
This cheaper via Amazon.ca, and by more than I expected.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:09 AM   #33

Thanks so much for providing alternative places to purchase products for sending to ETI. Wayside also seems to be pretty competitive, at $266.99 CAD and free shipping.
($202.37 USD)

https://www.wayfair.ca/keyword.php?keyword=Houzer+E-100
Old 11-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #34

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
We just picked up our 21 last month. We wanted something a little different in a sink. We also had the Houzer quartz sink installed. Here is a link to the sink we we had installed.

https://www.faucetdirect.com/houzer-...-sink/p2848428
papasm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:33 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasm2 View Post
We just picked up our 21 last month. We wanted something a little different in a sink. We also had the Houzer quartz sink installed. Here is a link to the sink we we had installed.

https://www.faucetdirect.com/houzer-...-sink/p2848428
For me, the cost to get the the Houzer E-100 MIDNITE sink to ETI is $277 (sink only)
My Amazon Prime is $157 with FREE shipping!
———
Yikes, these nickel and dimes add up to hundreds and thousands. It is tempting to hog out the original sink cutout, and install the larger one when I install the Lagun table mount that is now sitting on my workbench.
——-
EDIT
If we bring stuff to have installed at orientation, does the product in our vehicle, get charged with duty costs, taxes, and other costs when crossing the border?
——-
2d EDIT
I can join Amazon CA prime for a one month free trial, and it will be $234 CAD/$177 USD for a used one.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
Old 11-14-2018, 08:58 PM   #36

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglingMad View Post
We also really like the peel and stick wall covering Laura and Dirk have used so now going searching for something similar to match with our worktop.
This thread may help. I highly recommend the Smart Tiles brand.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...lash-9218.html

https://www.thesmarttiles.com/en_us/
Old 11-18-2018, 08:12 AM   #37

Trailer: Escape 21 Build due for May Completion - towed by 2018 F150 S/Crew 3.5L EcoBoost XLT/FX4 6.5 Box
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
This thread may help. I highly recommend the Smart Tiles brand.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...lash-9218.html

https://www.thesmarttiles.com/en_us/
Many thanks for the links really useful
AnglingMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:47 AM   #38

Got it for $227 from Amazon CA. It has shipped, and ETI should have it this week.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #39

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
We ordered a stainless steel sink from wayfair canada and had it shipped directly to ETI. We picked up our trailer last week and are loving the sink! It has a rack that sits in the sink and a little basket in the drain, which is very convenient. The sink is labeled undermount, but in the specs it states either mount.

FYI- it is 20% off for first time orders thru Tuesday, Nov. 27.

Sorry about the sideways pics.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7049.jpg  
Attached Images

Mtn1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:13 PM   #40

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn1203 View Post
We ordered a stainless steel sink from wayfair canada and had it shipped directly to ETI. We picked up our trailer last week and are loving the sink! It has a rack that sits in the sink and a little basket in the drain, which is very convenient. The sink is labeled undermount, but in the specs it states either mount.

FYI- it is 20% off for first time orders thru Tuesday, Nov. 27.

Sorry about the sideways pics.
Great, thank you for that post, just what we have been looking for (and not finding)!! It looks like the strainer is included, did you need to order anything else with it?