New 21' build sheet options "BlackJack" - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #21

Nice build sheet Jim. Don't forget venting the storage areas.
Dog as Navigator
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
With the 19' Escape the bed was cut to where it touched all three walls in the rear. In the winter you had some dampness due to the bed and exterior walls temperature change. I found some marine bedding that allows air to circulate around the bed and installed it in my 19. I sold it with the trailer. I'm thinking to avoid issues now so cut the mattress a little smaller to allow air circulation. The length is no issue because you can pull the mattress down a little so I asked to have the width made a little smaller. This will eliminate the dampness while winter camping.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #23

Don,
I have about 40 little vents purchased for my 19' which I did not install under the bed. I will have the factory install one for the bed. The other areas I'll wait and see and if need be drill some holes and use what I have on hand. Thanks for the reminder, I'll need to add to my build sheet the bed vent. I'm also having an electric outlet installed where I can tap into and put in another electric heater on the bed/bath side. With the smaller bath door I'm hoping the heat will migrate into and keep the bath warm in the winter. It worked nice in the 19'.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #24

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
With the 19' Escape the bed was cut to where it touched all three walls in the rear. In the winter you had some dampness due to the bed and exterior walls temperature change. I found some marine bedding that allows air to circulate around the bed and installed it in my 19. I sold it with the trailer. I'm thinking to avoid issues now so cut the mattress a little smaller to allow air circulation. The length is no issue because you can pull the mattress down a little so I asked to have the width made a little smaller. This will eliminate the dampness while winter camping.
Ah, got it....
Now that we're talking about it, we had a mattress made for our 17 and did the same thing - one inch space around the walls and the HyperVent layer underneath.
Thanks!
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #25

Update on my option list, oven. The oven is a drop in unit, thereby making the top just about flush with the counter top. With a black matching hood it should complement the dark trim. It comes with a 3 burner stove that has igniters. Since I'm dropping the microwave so this may give me some cooking options on microwave type meals without having hookups. I'v also strengthened the wall between kitchen and dinette, curb side for the tv set up #1 location and set# 2 will be on the nightstand at the foot of the bed. TV and Hypervent for the bed ordered.
Also installed some vents, thanks for reminding me Don.

I got to be able to do something over the next 4 months while waiting for BlackJack to hatch, so me and the UPS driver are on first name basis now.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #26

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15B (c)
Hi Jim. Not to make you jealous but we've just spent five days camped beside 21 #3 It's a nice trailer!, but one complaint - it made ours look a bit small. Enjoy all your planning. Cheers

"It's quicker to go slow" &
"You're only young once, you're a helluva long time dead"
Dixhiccup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:08 AM   #27

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Up at Harmon Lake are you??
Old 08-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #28

Pictures, pictures, please.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #29

Trailer: 2012 15A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixhiccup View Post
Hi Jim. Not to make you jealous but we've just spent five days camped beside 21 #3 It's a nice trailer!, but one complaint - it made ours look a bit small. Enjoy all your planning. Cheers
Small maybe but always comfortable and has all that you need.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixhiccup View Post
Has#3 been hatched?, according to calendar it is not due til October, or does the number start over after the prototypes?
Old 08-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #31

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15B (c)
Sorry cant help you re numbering. Just know its the third one built.

"It's quicker to go slow" &
"You're only young once, you're a helluva long time dead"
Dixhiccup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #32

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Me again Jim - What differences are there between the regular Maxx Fan and the upgrade? Also, I noticed that you highlighted the aluminum rims. DH and were discussing whether we needed them or not and I seem to remember reading that they were more corrosion resistant. Is that correct?
Jan
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #33

I had the chrome wheels on my 19' and they look sharp, a little more effort to keep clean, but sharp. With the 15" wheels I'm hoping they will look even sharper. I'm also getting the E-Z lube axle, that way I can keep it lubed between brake adjustments.
The upgrade for the fan includes a remote and the smoke lens which I installed on my 19', it really lets in more light as well as stars at night. The remote just saves you from having to get out of bed at night to turn it on or off.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #34

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Thank you ... again!
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #35

Just finished speaking with Kim @ Escape, they have made some changes in the new 21 since my 19 was made and had to make some alterations: Here is my tentative final build sheet:
11,000 BTU a/c
digital thermostat for a/c and furnace
4 aluminum rims
group 29 battery with battery cut off switch
extra insulation and thermal windows
LED interior package
4 extra captain lights-dinette corners, over night stand(closet wall), by door(end of kitchen cabinet)
2 standard captain lights over bed corners,microwave ready with electric and cabinet door
opening window in bath
black drop in oven, 3 burner cooktop w/cover, black hood
removable power cord
ss sink and faucet
front storage box
surge protector w/remote
95 watt solar
spray foam insulation-black
TV ready with Jack antenna- 2 locations-dinette o/h street side and night stand o/h
4 additional 12v outlets-dinette oh curbside,streetside oh next to tv,under dinette,next to 120v at end of bed
1 12v standard outlet included-nightstand side-install next to tv in o/h
5 included 120v outlets-over bed,nightstand,kitchen counter end, kitchen counter middle,dinette
2 additional 120v outlets-under dinette opposite standard, under bed on corner piece
use dark brown on counter top trim
EZ lube axles
EXZwinterizing “T” valve with 18” fill hose
MaxxFan upgrade 7500R
reinforce bathroom/bed wall and fridge/dinette wall
2 LED lights under bed (1) by each hatch opening
toilet cut off valve,insulate door and door window, all 3 exterior lights amber
cut mattress 2” smaller on exterior wall side,exterior hatch on street side, interior hatch by night stand
tire levee
Black graphics trailer name “BlackJack”
front light over storage box with amber lens/additional switch for interior ceiling lights/3 exterior lights on switch with individual on/off switches
extra set of cushions for "U" dinette configuration
Old 08-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Very nice! What is the reason for the battery cut off switch? Also the remote with the surge protector? Great catch on the amber bulbs outside. I hate buying things twice! When we did the tour of the Casita factory and realized we'd have to change to LED's after delivery, we were disappointed. But then that helped open our eyes to the advantages of Escape.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #37

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I went with an amber lamp outside the door and switched back to white.
The amber just showed me where the trailer was, but didn't illuminate anything in the vicinity.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
Very nice! What is the reason for the battery cut off switch? Also the remote with the surge protector? Great catch on the amber bulbs outside. I hate buying things twice! When we did the tour of the Casita factory and realized we'd have to change to LED's after delivery, we were disappointed. But then that helped open our eyes to the advantages of Escape.
The battery cut off is mainly for storage, it disconnects all drain caused by the trailer from the battery, except it allows the solar to continue charging. The remote for the EMS means there is a read out display available.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #39

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
I have some questions about what is standard and what is optional from your list. It also appears you seem to be the most familiar with what, for many of us is some photos and specifications not much in minor detail on the Escape 21. Jim, can we call you an expert?
  • Captains Lights - you say two standard, does that mean it comes with two and you have added four. I ask because I do not see them mentioned on their webpage under features.
  • "cabinet door opening window in bath" is this the access door under the permanent bed? Standard or an option?
  • "additional switch for interior ceiling lights" from what I can gather you will have a switch installed somewhere near the door that will turn on all ceiling lights, a second switch will do the three (two standard) outside lights, is there a third switch?
  • Where will the Go Power Solar Regulator be located?
  • A single Group 29 battery? I assume you are frequently on shore power or feel your solar will keep up. You have a lot of electric demand and perhaps electronics. That said, not all Group 29 batteries are created equal, do you know what it will be in brand and amp hours?
  • "2 LED lights under bed (1) by each hatch opening" are you adding a hatch? I thought there was one standard driver side front.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #40

Captain lights- 2 are standard, over the bed- I'm adding 2 over dinette and one over night stand and one over the door entrance (kitchen o/h)
Additional switch for o/h lights, this is now an option, it was standard in the 19. You will have 2 switches by door, one for interior, one for exterior lights
The Go Power Display- I'm the first solar so he is working on that
The group 29 is what I had in my Escape 19= 128 a/h reserve located under curb side dinette-
2 extra led lights, by the exterior and interior hatch openings to illuminate under the bed area
the majority of the above list items are options unless noted as standard which I believe are listed on the website
any questions feel free to ask, not sure about expert but I did sleep at the Holiday Inn last night