New Escape 19 vs old specifications - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2017, 09:53 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
A jeep is not for everyone or everyone's choice.
Being stubborn ended me up with this awesome couple. They get along very well, support each other through deep valleys and uphill, keep each other on the right path. The perfect couple! (in my eyes)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0338.jpg  
Old 10-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailnbike View Post
I am interested in the 19 but only have a 2017 Highlander as a TV. From what I have read on the forum the 2017 model has increased in weight by about 500 lbs. I believe that the 19 up to then would have been in my tow range but the new one perhaps not. I cannot find the specs for the 2016 and older versions and wondered if anyone had them and could comment on the difference from a towing perspective?
If you read through the following you will find KountryKamper posted some very useful info on Gen2 weights: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...hts-10710.html

Hope this helps with your decision, I know I appreciated his effort.

Eric
Eric & El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:31 AM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 with Toyota Highlander
Eric,
I read the linked rhread and it is very useful. I am curious as the whether you did indeed get the 19 and what your experience has been.
FYI my Highlander is a 2017 AWD with factory hitch.
Wally
sailnbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 19'
Hi Wallly,

We did order a 19 after testing with towing a 4500lb Boston whaler which the highlander handled quite well. We will not take delivery until early spring but I will post a review of how it tows after our first trip. I have also ordered a 4500lb Fastway E2 WDH and a shureline scale to play around with loading and get the tongue weight in range.

Eric
Eric & El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
We will be picking up our 2017 19er on 10/30 and will be towing it with our 2015 Highlander Limited Platinum, at least for a while. It was a fabulous TV for our 16 ft Scamp. We're hopeful it will be just fine for the 19er but, living in CO, we do mountain passes quite frequently and worry about it being a little underpowered for the passes. Hopefully not, but we'll see.
By the way, can anybody tell me the measurements of the 2nd gen bathroom floor? I want to get a rug or something to protect the floor when we're not showering in there. Oh, please let me survive this wait until pickup... I'm going broke buying things for the new trailer mostly out of nervous energy (not NEED) and anticipation! Save me from myself!

"It is better to travel well than to arrive" - Buddha
Ljswany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:36 PM   #26

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 with Toyota Highlander
Thank you for your input and making me comfortable with using the Highlander. Please send me your feedback once you get your trailers.

I just got off the phone with ETI and ordered a 19 for June pick up. FYI I have a Reese WDH 66151 that I will be using.

This will give us a long vacation coming from South Carolina to BC.
sailnbike is offline   Reply With Quote