new member - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #1

Let me introduce, my name is Claude, I am a lover of the traveling trailer lifestyle to visit the beautiful places and spend quality time with my family in North America. During the winter, we stay in Cartagena, Colombia along the Caribbean sea to enjoy the hot weather, but when spring comes, we return to Canada for vacation and work.

So, I just register on this website to find out the news and trends in the world of RV and camping as well as to provide accurate information about the trailers that are Prolite model built in Canada and thus give useful information to people who have problems with this type of trailer or seeking to understand better the entire product and services. I have direct contact with the manufacturer to make things happen quickly for the members of this forum.

I am not here to promote this type of trailers, not for spamming, but only to be in relationship with members wishing direct responses and without distorting the facts.

Obviously, to better recognize me, I will have the pseudo : Prolite Expert.

I will visit this forum every day to answer questions or to provide practical information about it.

Thank you
Prolite Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Re: new member

Claude,
It is very gracious of you to offer to answer questions on Prolite Trailers. I was not familiar with the brand so searched the internet and found their website. They are a nice looking trailer. I particularly noticed their mention: "All of our models are made with a monocoque fibre glass roof".

My question is, why would someone visit this forum; dedicated to a different brand of trailer, namely Escape, and be looking for assistance with Prolite Trailers? I do not think you will find any visitors with questions on Prolite. Perhaps there is a better forum to better put your skills to use, one that is read by Prolite owners. I do not think the Escape Trailer forum will utilize your Prolite skills.

You certainly are welcome to continue to read and post messages that are relevant to the Escape molded fiberglass trailer.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B

As Paul noted, this forum is populated by Escape owners (lifers) and hope-to-be's.

You may find a better forum for your information at:

fiberglassrv.com

LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBaranyai
You may find a better forum for your information at:

fiberglassrv.com
NO, not FiberglassRV... that is a forum for ALL molded trailers... like the Escape.

He'd find more information and owners for the same or similar trailers to the Prolite at:

IRV2.com http://www.irv2.com/forums/and the Open Road Forums at RV.net http://www.rv.net/forum/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:40 AM   #5

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B

Actually the RV forum is where I first heard about Prolite trailers in Quebec so that's why I referred him back to there.
If I recall correctly, the discussion was related to the fiberglass roof used in the manufacturing process.
Mind you this was several years ago - I assume this is the same company that "Claude" was referring to.
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:24 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: All... This thread just proves that when you're in business and make a product no matter how sucessful you are...there's always someone chasing your customers with a product of their own!!!
I still say Molded Fiberglass trumps Fiberglass Sheet covered "Stickie" construction. That said it is more expensive to mold but for MY $$$$'s BETTER!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #7

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b

Claude,

You're drinking Coke at a Pepsi convention!
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist
Hi: All... This thread just proves that when you're in business and make a product no matter how sucessful you are...there's always someone chasing your customers with a product of their own!!!
I still say Molded Fiberglass trumps Fiberglass Sheet covered "Stickie" construction. That said it is more expensive to mold but for MY $$$$'s BETTER!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
ABSOLUTELY Alf. It's important that the OP land on a forum where he's welcomed. The Escape forum, nor FiberglassRV is where he needs to be/go.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #9

He's a salesman trying to make a living and is trolling the Internet for possible leads.. I doubt that we'll be hearing from him if after this 'thread' goes dark. At least he's not from Vietnam trying to improve his language skills..

favorite quote: "Put the candle back"
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #10

Trailer: 17

I wonder where our ole Vietnam buddy is now. Jeff I just read a book you or your wife may like. Called Devils Teeth by Susan Casey about the Farallon islands out from you near SF bay. Interesting history.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #11

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b

Gocamp, I heard heard he's selling Prolite Trailers and lives under the assumed name of "Claude".
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote