New solar oven. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2015, 02:10 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
I was waiting for the poutine reference, Jim. Yes, I think I've been reading way too many posts on this forum...
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:00 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
No hot dog fan here either Jim.
I kinda figured you for a common sense fellow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindy View Post
I was waiting for the poutine reference, Jim. Yes, I think I've been reading way too many posts on this forum...
You're welcome.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:47 AM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
For the extremely small number on this forum who are interested, gosun announced a kickstarter for a .... solar grill. Apparently it can cook at night/clouds if the thermal "battery" can store enough heat during daylight to cook evening meal..... I have to watch the video.

kickstarter linky

While I have changed my mind to being interested in this product, their 2-4x premium over traditional portable BBQ's is a bit of a road block.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #24

Trailer: 17b
I received the cooker after a loooong delay - apparently they had to special order some parts from China or somewhere very far off. They were very apologetic, and it is a startup, so I was OK with it. The small one is truly small, about the size of two hotdogs, but it does work fine. Not real sure how long the wooden holder will stand up, as it reminds me of some of the balsam airplanes we made as kids, but if you're careful, it's probably OK. Is it worth the 60 some dollars? Not sure, think I should've gone with a bigger one.
Escape While You Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:43 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Recent posts about ovens reminded me I have been meaning to get on updating this thread.

Have purchased and used the GoSun Sport for a few meals now. It shines ( ) when used for baking or roasting. My first meal was sausages and hashbrowns. The sausages turned out great, but their oil and grease turned the potatos into a mess (imho). Someone on the internet does a batch of biscuits first, then cooks some meat (the leaner the cut the better) and veggies for the main course. That to me is an awesome use for it.

With the tube being only about 2" across, you are going to be chopping food into pieces to fit. The sun doesn't have to be shining brightly to make this work, but it will take longer to heat up.

Want to give it some more time in use, but it seems OK for me and my cooking style. The larger grill would be of more use to more people.

I'll bring it to the May ETI rally if anyone's interested in seeing it. Maybe Bennett will be bring some green coffee beans to see if they roast up.

BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:50 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Neat idea....too bad the sun has not been out here, probably for the past 60 days. Just dreary, cloudy days....come on March 20th...