Newbie Camping Gear List - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-15-2015, 07:46 PM   #61
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,675
For those contemplating the bottle jack and with the foam insulation option I believe the frame is not visible , so the wheel lift way Donna demonstrated needs to be considered.
__________________

__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:58 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
LarryandLiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maple Ridge, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Posts: 569
Thanks Ron, Byran and Bill

I've watched an old retired guy (one of which I will be in a year or so - I hope) waxing his trailer. It seemed like a big job and I'm attracted to a power tool that will make things easier, even if there are things I'll have to do by hand.

I'd seen youtube clips that warn about damaging the fiberglass with power tools so I'm glad to read Bill and Bryan's advice. I think we'll go with the tool (Porter Cable 7424XP Dual-Action Polisher) Bryan recommends. It gets high reviews on the Canada Tire website.

I like that Bryan says it is pretty foolproof. And since before reading Bill's post I didn't know about rotary or orbital polishers I should stick with idiot proof as much as possible.

Larry
__________________

LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:09 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Los Osos, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Posts: 2,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
For those contemplating the bottle jack and with the foam insulation option I believe the frame is not visible , so the wheel lift way Donna demonstrated needs to be considered.
I had requested a return to Amazon for mine due a comment a tech at Dexter made when trying to solve my brake lock-up issue but upon further research am keeping it. Have used it and it is easy; just don't roll over it if ramping the front wheel as it might get stuck between the wheels.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:52 PM   #64
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,326
I learned to take out my stinger/ball immediately after putting a gold-ball sized dent under the drivers door handle of a short Mercedes car I didn't see in my rear view mirrors. Drivers latch no longer worked. $3900 in repairs later it did.

Now if not hauling Felicity it's locked in the bed.
__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
Thanks Ron, Byran and Bill

I've watched an old retired guy (one of which I will be in a year or so - I hope) waxing his trailer. It seemed like a big job and I'm attracted to a power tool that will make things easier, even if there are things I'll have to do by hand.

I'd seen youtube clips that warn about damaging the fiberglass with power tools so I'm glad to read Bill and Bryan's advice. I think we'll go with the tool (Porter Cable 7424XP Dual-Action Polisher) Bryan recommends. It gets high reviews on the Canada Tire website.

I like that Bryan says it is pretty foolproof. And since before reading Bill's post I didn't know about rotary or orbital polishers I should stick with idiot proof as much as possible.

Larry
You're welcome Larry. The Porter Cable polisher is a great tool for idiots like me.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:50 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Olympia wa, Washington
Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Posts: 1,253
I never used it on my horse trailer but bought some white lithium grease for my escape it makes hitching and unhitching easyer sometimes the ball would catch on the hitch but not with the grease.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:55 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Olympia wa, Washington
Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Posts: 1,253
There is a guy in town that will wax my escape he said he does another escape in olympia too- it seems pricey but I don't have a lot of free time and..... It seems like a lot of work
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
sokol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sequim, WA, Washington
Trailer: 2013 19'
Posts: 129
rbryan4

When I was picking up my 2013 19' I was graciously provided the following lists by Jim Bennett and CPAHarly. I provide them to you in the spirit in which they were offered to me. I hope the attachment posts as I haven't done this much.

I can start a list here, if that is okay:
pots/pans/cookware/can opener/eating utensils/knifes/scissors/coffee maker/coffee/coffee measuring cup/sugar/spices/containers for left overs/napkins/paper towels/plates or paper plates/cups/plastic drink ware/toilet tissue/in/outdoor thermometer for refer/batteries/dishwashing liquid/hand soap/bath soap/dish towels/bath towels/multipurpose cleaner/brillo pads for cleaning pots/pens/markers/trash bags/bags for pets/empty shoe boxes/mesh laundry bag/
coaxial cable/small extension cord/level/30/50/15 amp cord adapters/water hoses/water filters/water pressure reducer/microfiber cloths/hangars/plastic suction holders/extra sewer hoses and plastic gloves/fittings for joining hoses/plastic boxes for storing some of these items/clock/weather radio/12v plug in chargers/leads for pets/pet food/pet rugs/pet records/outdoor mat/chairs/table/sun glasses/rain gear/
read all the manuals, bleed propane lines, pressure the pump with water before activating water heater/be patient,this is supposed to be fun
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Escaping List.pdf (47.8 KB, 71 views)
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:13 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Bend, Oregon
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokol View Post
When I was picking up my 2013 19' I was graciously provided the following lists by Jim Bennett and CPAHarly. I provide them to you in the spirit in which they were offered to me. I hope the attachment posts as I haven't done this much.

I can start a list here, if that is okay:
pots/pans/cookware/can opener/eating utensils/knifes/scissors/coffee maker/coffee/coffee measuring cup/sugar/spices/containers for left overs/napkins/paper towels/plates or paper plates/cups/plastic drink ware/toilet tissue/in/outdoor thermometer for refer/batteries/dishwashing liquid/hand soap/bath soap/dish towels/bath towels/multipurpose cleaner/brillo pads for cleaning pots/pens/markers/trash bags/bags for pets/empty shoe boxes/mesh laundry bag/
coaxial cable/small extension cord/level/30/50/15 amp cord adapters/water hoses/water filters/water pressure reducer/microfiber cloths/hangars/plastic suction holders/extra sewer hoses and plastic gloves/fittings for joining hoses/plastic boxes for storing some of these items/clock/weather radio/12v plug in chargers/leads for pets/pet food/pet rugs/pet records/outdoor mat/chairs/table/sun glasses/rain gear/
read all the manuals, bleed propane lines, pressure the pump with water before activating water heater/be patient,this is supposed to be fun
Thanks much for passing that on, for those of us picking up a new trailer it's great information and should prevent some headaches!
Oregonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:19 PM   #70
Member
 
Nindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Liberty, Missouri
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose"
Posts: 95
I second that - thanks for the list! I have been poring over several lists from this forum and other sources and they are all very helpful.
__________________

Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.