Nice surprise - Referral check - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bluffton, South Carolina
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 135
Smile Nice surprise - Referral check

Today's mail included a nice note and a referral check for $147.90 (US equivalent of $200 Canadian) from Escape.
Shortly after returning home from Florida, where we had bought our 5.0TA last February, we let Escape know that we were the new owners and willing to show it. Soon after, we got a call from a man who wanted to check out our Escape. He seemed to like it, but said his wife wanted no part of any RV and he didn't like the idea of having to wait months to get a new trailer. He was a nice guy and showing him the trailer was painless, but we never gave another thought to his visit.
Evidently, he recently took ownership of a shiny new 5.0TA and we got the check, a nice holiday surprise.
Happy Holidays to all of you,
David & Rosemary
__________________

D&R_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 6,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&R_MA View Post
Today's mail included a nice note and a referral check for $147.90 (US equivalent of $200 Canadian) from Escape.
Shortly after returning home from Florida, where we had bought our 5.0TA last February, we let Escape know that we were the new owners and willing to show it. Soon after, we got a call from a man who wanted to check out our Escape. He seemed to like it, but said his wife wanted no part of any RV and he didn't like the idea of having to wait months to get a new trailer. He was a nice guy and showing him the trailer was painless, but we never gave another thought to his visit.
Evidently, he recently took ownership of a shiny new 5.0TA and we got the check, a nice holiday surprise.
Happy Holidays to all of you,
David & Rosemary
Hi: D&R_MA... Good for you. I figured it wouldn't take long!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________

__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
LarryandLiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maple Ridge, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Posts: 625
if it was a financial instrument from Canada drawn on ETI account it was a CHEQUE not check


Merry Christmas
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:01 PM   #4
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,479
Received another referral check today from Escape. I never know when one of these is coming, but it's always a nice surprise when it does.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
NW Cat Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Received another referral check today from Escape. I never know when one of these is coming, but it's always a nice surprise when it does.
Yay! Do they reference who the buyer is? I'm curious if they send them out when the buyer has paid in full or when the trailer is delivered. I'm thinking the second situation as you never know what will happen between the time you order, pay and receive it.

So, party time, party time, party time!
__________________
Laura, Dirk and Spike & Sam & Jasper (the cats)
www.UnderKittySupervision.com
My blog: https://www.underkittysupervision.co...upervisioncom/
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:43 PM   #6
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Yay! Do they reference who the buyer is? I'm curious if they send them out when the buyer has paid in full or when the trailer is delivered. I'm thinking the second situation as you never know what will happen between the time you order, pay and receive it.

So, party time, party time, party time!
Yep, they reference the buyer in the letter the accompanies the check. It's sent once the trailer is paid for.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:34 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Area 51, New Mexico
Trailer: pondering.....
Posts: 728
The referral viewing was a very valuable service and sincerely appreciated by this potential buyer. A purchase decision was quite easy after a very nice owner took the time to show his trailer recently. Of course one must also be lucky enough to get a spot in the next production schedule ...then wait a year to get delivery. Purchasing a new Escape can be a significant exercise in "patience" and planning....all the while those "off the shelf" trailers are calling to you! Pretty similar to the goddess of cheeseburgers beckoning to you while hiking the Muir trail.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:06 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
NW Cat Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
The referral viewing was a very valuable service and sincerely appreciated by this potential buyer. A purchase decision was quite easy after a very nice owner took the time to show his trailer recently. Of course one must also be lucky enough to get a spot in the next production schedule ...then wait a year to get delivery. Purchasing a new Escape can be a significant exercise in "patience" and planning....all the while those "off the shelf" trailers are calling to you! Pretty similar to the goddess of cheeseburgers beckoning to you while hiking the Muir trail.
Oh I know! (the merits of the referral service) Even though we live 3 hours away from the factory and we've toured the factory, toured the display trailers and had several sit-down chats with customer service, seeing trailers USED and owned by others made a huge difference. We got to see 4, thanks to their generous owners.

Each trailer was well loved by their owners and they knew their trailers inside and out. We fully appreciated each tour and learned something from each one. Seeing the trailers equipped with their personal items made the trailers feel that much nicer and friendlier.

Fortunately, none of those "off the shelf" trailers called to us and said "buy me, buy me, buy me". But I know the patience factor. I'm not known for my patience and that's been very tough at times. So, I spend my time going over lists of what we need to get for it and sorting through what we have already. Then I get to start planning trips!

Good luck in getting through on April 1st! And seeing how much patience you'll acquire waiting. Same to everyone else waiting.
__________________
Laura, Dirk and Spike & Sam & Jasper (the cats)
www.UnderKittySupervision.com
My blog: https://www.underkittysupervision.co...upervisioncom/
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:45 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
nathanj04011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Midcoast, Maine
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 435
When we bought our Casita, they asked us if we would mind them giving prospective buyers our phone number and in the event that a person purchased, we would get $200.

The first weekend we were back in our area after getting the Casita, we were at a campground in NH, and a couple were intrigued by our trailer but refused to come over and look inside, saying they knew that we'd try to get their name and send it to Casita. I was a little puzzled so he told me he had previously contacted Casita before they got their Rockwood and he found there was a referral bonus and he did not want to deal with the arm twisting. Of course, with a brand new Casita, I just wanted to show it off and I promised not to get his name. Nope. No go.

After that experience and a close encounter with Amway marketing when I was in college, I tossed all the business cards Casita gave us, and never mentioned anything about referral bonuses or asked for people's names when they came to look at our trailer. We did get 3 referral checks from Casita, but for me, it was more about the exuberance of sharing my passion for something I loved. Especially if I could tell the other folks were interested it too.

Maybe there are some who figure that they are not about to turn down free money, and I don't fault that approach. It's just not something we did.

I did, however notify Escape of the two trailers we looked at to make sure the kind folks get something for their efforts...
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:01 AM   #10
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 19,691
I just tell Escape to hold my referral fees to apply against any future purchase.....
__________________
Jim
It is not the years in your life but the life in your years Lincoln
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:58 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Steve Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Fremont, California
Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
The referral viewing was a very valuable service and sincerely appreciated by this potential buyer. A purchase decision was quite easy after a very nice owner took the time to show his trailer recently. Of course one must also be lucky enough to get a spot in the next production schedule ...then wait a year to get delivery. Purchasing a new Escape can be a significant exercise in "patience" and planning....all the while those "off the shelf" trailers are calling to you! Pretty similar to the goddess of cheeseburgers beckoning to you while hiking the Muir trail.
.......The more things stay the same! We did the John Muir Trail in 2003 and from the 3rd day out that's all we talked about; A cheeseburger and a six-pack at The Whitney Portal !!

Salute'
__________________
Steve and Debbie
2016 - 21'

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:23 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Mary F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Travis County, Texas
Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Posts: 733
I like the way Escape does it (where the buyers provide the names of folks whose trailers they've seen), vs. the Casita version, where the show off sends in the info of the people who have been shown. I showed our Casita several times when it was newer, but never felt it appropriate to have someone fill out a card. I was just happy to show our trailer, and figured that most lookers were just curious - not seriously in the market for a new one.
__________________
Mary F Onward, through the fog!
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:43 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 13,785
I give an Escape business card with my name on it to the person who is interested in the trailer.
I don't ask them for any information.
They will either remember to tell ETI that they visited my trailer, or they won't.
I have no expectations.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 12:45 AM   #14
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I give an Escape business card with my name on it to the person who is interested in the trailer.
I don't ask them for any information.
They will either remember to tell ETI that they visited my trailer, or they won't.
I have no expectations.

Exactly. The check is just a nice bonus. I've probably given a tour of our trailer many dozens of times, but I don't expect more than a handful to ever purchase.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×