NO holes - barred - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
NO holes - barred

We're still here in Osoyoos, following on the Escape 2011 Rally.
Weather has been up and down. Yesterday the high was 16.4 C when the normal would be 25 C.
And, showers.
Today we're at about 20 C with sunny periods.

Perfect weather to weather a change.

I went into town for supplies ( read beer ) and returned to find that the Old Bag had renovated the trailer while I was out.

We've kept the rear table / seating as a full-time bed, using the small table at the front for dining. Leslie decided that if you had to sit out the rain, it was much more pleasant ( the view of the lake, for instance ) and comfortable to sit in the rear and had begun the conversion.

All of this takes getting used to. As I cooked an omlette, needing access to the fridge and stove, we found ourselves dancing in the middle. The counter I was used to was folded down and I had to move the satellite radio. The front dinette area was a mound of bedding. Clearly this wasn't going to work without some compromise.

It's still a work in progress, but Les agreed to get rid of the sheets that don't fit anyway, and the mattress topper and use a couple sleeping bags zipped together ( she likes flannel, so that should be fine ). The comforter can go on top and all of it will fold up easily in the morning to set up the dinette.

We also went through the cupboards and removed items that we hadn't used often or at all. For instance, we have a pasta strainer. We bring pasta and pasta sauce on every trip, but have never made pasta. I think we'll just leave it all at home and if we have a huge desire for pasta, we'll get some.

The cast iron fry pan is gone, bowls for who knows what, and containers for left overs, the dish drainer and a utensil holder. All, will be banished until we find we really miss an item and can't improvise.

It's taken us three years to try something new, but at least we don't have a trailer full of holes.

baglo
Old 06-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0
Re: NO holes - barred

Having a willing spirit is half the battle! Only other alternative is a 19 where you have a serious dining table on the other end too....lot cheaper to have a willing spirit : - )
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: All...This just makes me love the 5.0 even more!!! Full time bed...Ushaped dinette/lounge... table up all the time...wall mount flat screen! Super new 4dr. pickup... Lifes GOOD!!! Alf
BTW...HokieEscape Saw a young boy with his Grama at my work signup Tue. sporting a VT lil Hokies ball cap. You just never know
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist
Hi: All...This just makes me love the 5.0 even more!!! Full time bed...Ushaped dinette/lounge... table up all the time...wall mount flat screen! Super new 4dr. pickup... Lifes GOOD!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Alf, if I didn't already have a 5.0, your gushing all over your 5.0 would....well...it would....make me want one : - )
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote