Now this is scary! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2016, 07:58 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You know what they say, "Loud pipes save lives"......
Old 09-14-2016, 08:29 PM   #42

Trailer: 2016 - Escape 19 (2nd Gen), 2021 F150 Powerboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
...and also disturb the tranquility of cruising the Gulf Islands...not to mention waking up my neighbours. Need two bikes: one to rattle the brains of those change lanes without looking and the other to sneak up on the waves breaking over the Oregon coast. ---Hey I just thought of a practical reason for that phony sound generator. Need a switch selector: Position 1 Goldwing, Position 2 Nasty Hog, Position 3 Rice Rocket, Position 4 Lugging Engine pulling Escape 19 through Grant's Pass (just trying to get things back on track here)
davescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:00 PM   #43

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I think the ship has sailed on the chances of getting "back on track", but here's a shot:
Parts for some vehicles actually become more available eventually. You can now build an entire MGB from parts... including every panel of the body. Why you would bother doing this escapes me, and we own a similar vintage of British sports car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Some people say the earth is flat, which is just as valid
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:06 AM   #44

Trailer: 2016 - Escape 19 (2nd Gen), 2021 F150 Powerboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Some people say the earth is flat, which is just as valid
It is in Edmonton
davescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:05 PM   #45

Trailer: 2001 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
I was reading the news this morning and came across this article. I find this absolutely ludicrous that auto makes can get away with this kind of attitude/customer service.

Calgary man finds toughest part of owning 2009 Ford F-150 truck is finding replacement part - Business - CBC News
Cheers
Doug
They still make it. I went to fact checker website and was directed to the US ford page.

2009 Ford F-150. #9L3Z19980Y: DASH CONTROL UNIT. HVAC Control Module. Module.
Marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:20 PM   #46

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky View Post
They still make it. I went to fact checker website and was directed to the US ford page.

I went to the link and it said it was no longer available.
Cheers
Doug

Old 09-16-2016, 09:51 PM   #47

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
I went to the link and it said it was no longer available.
Like Doug, I just checked online, but I went to a different genuine Ford parts site. There are lots of different units for the same year and model, depending on specific options, and several of them are discontinued. It does raise the possibility, though, of making do with something close which would lose some features.
CONTROLS for 2009 Ford F-150

There was a comment earlier about the old cars in Cuba... those cars are not still running on original parts or reproductions; they routinely include a lot of bits adapted from other models, depending on what's available. Since there appear to be few if any roadworthiness requirements, the result is deemed good enough. The more complex the vehicle and the more demanding the requirements, the more difficult it is to "MacGyver" a solution.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:02 PM   #48

Trailer: 2001 Casita
Ford is the number one selling truck for a reason. It's been the best selling truck for over 30 years and it's the best selling automobile for over 15 years. People who own them come back to buy them again because they're very satisfied.
37% of Ford sales is in fleets. Companies buy Fords because of their dependability. Oil, construction, electrical, pest control companies, city, states, and federal governments are just a few of the companies that buy them. You'll rarely find a Toyota or a Nissan in a company fleet.
They're not comparing apples to apples when comparing dependability. It's not the same carrying bricks while towing a trailer full of sand, or an oil company using a Ford to carry metal parts over miles of ranch roads, to a truck driven from someone's house to work. I know oil field workers that drive Fords, they change their tires every three months because the ranch roads tear them up. They wouldn't drive anything but a Ford.. They don't like to get stranded at a ranch, and having to walk for miles to get to the highway to get help.
The Important thing about Fords is that any mechanic will know how to work on them, and any Auto Parts store will have the major parts. This is important while traveling. Especially when having to repair your truck in a small town.
I'm not a Ford dealer nor do I work for them. I have owned several Ford F-150s, a Toyota, and now own a Nissan, and I'm getting rid of it in the next few weeks. . Almost everything for Toyotas and Nissans is a dealer repair and a two week wait for parts. The parts are also very expensive and most mechanics will not work on them.
Facts are Ford Trucks are number one selling trucks for thirty years for a reason, and the ability to have your tow vehicle repaired on the road is very important. Especially if your two week vacation is spent camping in a dealer parking lot waiting for parts.
Marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:28 AM   #49
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I'd boil it down a bit more simply: I'm a Ford guy, and I LOVE my F150.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2016, 04:20 AM   #50

I luv em all, Ram,Mustang, and a Subaru, I'm not partial.....
Old 09-17-2016, 04:21 AM   #51

Each one has it's good and bad points, it is hard to find a universal mode of transportation these days that may meet all of your needs, unlike the horse or mule teams in the old west.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:36 AM   #52

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
I think that trucks are all pretty much the same, just different shapes these days. I also think some people are maybe a little fanatical about certain brands and would love them even if they found them on the road dead [emoji23].
A long time ago I quit buying vehicles by brand instead I would buy the vehicle best designed and suited for the job I needed it to do, part of this process also included researching the reliably of the vehicle. Every vehicle I bought did what I expected/required it to do, some I just kept longer, they were the good ones.
Cheers
Doug
Old 09-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #53

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post

If I ever buy a vehicle with phony engine sounds (and they are quite common now) I think I'll make disabling that a condition of the purchase. It's like those wheels with phony bolt heads around the rim, or a "turbo" badge on a car without a turbocharger.
However my wife's 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has the phony engine noise because it warns other pedestrians there is a car nearby. Without it you can't hear the thing coming. Perhaps if it sounded like an Irish cop?
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote