On the road ... again - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2014, 12:03 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
On the road ... again

Had our orientation this morning and must say, we're even more impressed with the Escape family than before. What a dedicated and amazing group of people!!

Picked up our trailer in Sumas and headed off to Lynden, WA. Spent several hours setting things up and even showing it off to our neighbors (full time 35'+ Jayco owners ... they were impressed). Will post more later; however, right now, we're sitting in a rain storm, watching T.V. using our Winegard HD Flat Wave Indoor HD TV Antenna (from Amazon ... $34). John was laughing when he set it up as he was sure something this small and cheap wouldn't be good but we were both very, VERY surprised.

CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:04 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Cool beans! Enjoy the horrible weather and be safe and sound inside your ESCAPE!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:13 AM   #3

Thanks Donna, we will! Experienced the joys of being first time trailer towers today as well. Stopped at the WalMart in Bellingham before hitting the RV park. I managed to direct my poor husband into a tight situation that caused him to have to maneuver forward and backward a number of times. He did great but probably won't be taking my advice any time soon ... HA!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:25 AM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Tell hubby, that's EXERCISE! Some of us sweat off quarts trying to get into spaces. hahahahaha. Been there, done that... and will probably do it again!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
another Escape comes to California! Enough for a rally!

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21 (May 25, 2016)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
another Escape comes to California! Enough for a rally!

Greg
Count us in!
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:49 AM   #7

Yep, we'll be there!!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:11 PM   #8

Oh, I'm so glad I can log in to ask questions ... Our first night, we stopped at a campground that was muddy to say the least. We leveled the trailer, set our chocks and put out the stabilizers but, because we hadn't anything to support our tongue jack (forgot to ask Reace for some wood), we just kept the trailer connected to our truck and didn't try to do anything else. However, when our neighbor pulled in with his F150, hauling his 34' trailer, he set up a support under his jack even though he didn't disconnect. If we're not disconnecting, should we be putting a support under our tongue jack anyway?
Old 03-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Some people need to raise the front of the trailer in order to level, so after chocking the wheels they raise the front off the ball to level the trailer but stay connected with the chains. Then reverse in the morning and pull off. So I guess it depends on the height of the connection, some units are low, some high, it all depends.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #10

That makes sense, thank you.

We unhooked the trailer yesterday and, of course, were trying to remember the sequence and method that ETI taught us (we have the Andersen WDH). We were level so put a block of wood under the jack (thoughtfully loaned to us by our neighbor) and were set to go. Just discussing the process this morning since we're going to be hooking back up tomorrow. I remembered Jim having us raise the trailer tongue higher after the hitch was connected to the ball and the plate attached in order to get the chains and spring attached. But I've been trying to remember what was going on under the tongue jack. I'm sure we'll have help if we need it ... Meanwhile, I'll stop fretting and go do some sightseeing.