One More Trip Before Winter - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2015, 04:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 17B Sold 5/2016
One More Trip Before Winter

Now that I've replaced the defective water pump, put in a winterizing “T” valve and replaced the squawking cone on the Andersen Hitch it's time for Gonzo th' Dawg and me to hit th' road again before winter sets in. Not going all that far, only to Maryhill State Park on the Columbia River to meet up with my son, (who has my old Bigfoot), for a couple days then, depending on the weather, make a slow journey back home stopping off at Seaquest State Park for a day or two. Again depending on the weather.

From the looks of the shaft of the Andersen ball I might just be asking them for a replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
New Pump.JPG   Outside the Sleeve.jpg   The Ball Shaft.jpg   My Old 1987 Bigfoot Camper.jpg  
2012 4Runner
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Nice Bigfoot. Our previous camper was a Northern Lite. Had many wonderful trips in it.

Scott and Lori
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Pat, did your Andersen put up a growl or did you just check it? I haven't pulled mine down yet to see what shape the sleeve is in. I like the hitch but sure attracted some attention in several parking lots. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Pat, did your Andersen put up a growl or did you just check it? I haven't pulled mine down yet to see what shape the sleeve is in. I like the hitch but sure attracted some attention in several parking lots. Loren
My Andersen growled only when when driving in the rain, (which we can get plenty of here in the NWet). When dry there was no noise at all, only when wet then loud enough to send pedestrians running for cover
2012 4Runner
Old 11-04-2015, 06:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKsnowbiker View Post
Nice Bigfoot. Our previous camper was a Northern Lite. Had many wonderful trips in it.

Scott and Lori
It is a nice camper. My son and his clan use it more in a month than I was able to in a year so for him it was a gift that keeps on giving. Now if only he'd get a white PU to match the Bigfoot.
2012 4Runner