Oregon Rally - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #1

Oregon Rally

How many of you will be at the Oregon meet-up in July? I heard about it on the fiberglass RV forum. It might be a fast way for me and my hubby to see the Escape trailers and all the other ones too. I hope someone with an Egg Camper might go too, since we've narrowed it down to the Escape 19' or the Egg Camper. My husband is very tall, so most fiberglass RVs are too small for him. I thought the Escape 5th wheel would be a good bet til I noticed the queen bed is too short. Only the 19' has the full size 80" bed.
Nobody in the middle of CA has an Escape. We'd have to drive up to Eureka which is around 7 hours. We might as well go all the way to Oregon in the hopes of seeing lots of different trailers.
LisaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Re: Oregon Rally

Myself, my wife and our dog will be there in our 19. We were there for a day last year; it was fun. And Bandon's an interesting area.

Bruce Wray
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 13

Lisa:

If you go to http://www.casitaforum.com/bullards/...P-2010.css.htm
you will see who is going to the Gathering and what trailer they are bringing. There are quite a few Escape trailers this year.

You may have difficulty finding a site at Bullard's Beach, since I believe the campground is full.

You could stay at a nearby campsite and drop in during the gathering.

By the way, I am 6'-3" tall and have no difficulty fitting into an Escape 13. You can see the specs for all Escape trailers at http://escapetrailer.com/Products/17FootEscape.aspx

The shortest bed is 6'-4" according to this information.

2003 Subaru Forester
2012 Toyota Highlander V6
2010 Escape 13 "Ladybug" Feb 2010
bvansnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

Lisa, I replied to your same question on FiberglassRV. There are Yurts in the park, you may want to consider reserving one for at least one overnight stay. It would be difficult to see everything you'd want to see and ask all the questions you'll want to ask in just a few hours. Besides, this is a fun gathering with a bunch of really nice people.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
ashleymeadow

There may be a factor that you should also consider; the service that you would get from Tammy and Reace is more than you can imagine. We have a 17B, and were able to select our own counter tops, which Reace ordered, and we picked our our own fabric and shipped it to them. We had extra 120V outlets, and other modifications that were very reasonably priced. This could be important to you.

In addition, the follow up service was outstanding. We live in Washington, 130 miles from Chilliwack, so I was able to bring the trailer up to Canada for some adjustments. Reace and one of the guys worked on my trailer from 8:30 until 1:00, and even adjusted the brakes! You certainly are not going to drive 1200 miles for adjustments, but you can be sure that they will do whatever they can to correct any problems that you may have.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 19' Escape

Hi Lisa,

The Eureka 19' Escape will be in Bandon...
Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #7

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Wish we could be there so you could see (and check out the bed length) a 5.0, but we're a little further than 7 hours away : - )
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote