Oregon Weather - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2018, 06:43 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Oregon Weather

I don't know if anyone is planning to travel through Oregon over the next few days, but this weather report just came in for Southern Oregon. We're due to possibly get snow in Portland tomorrow night and will have the coldest weather we've had so far all winter:

BREAKING NOW!!
THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SOUTHWESTERN OREGON INCLUDING THE CASCADES AND THE SISKIYOUS ALONG WITH COOS, CURRY, DOUGLAS, JACKSON AND JOSEPHINE COUNTIES IS BEING UPGRADED TO INCLUDE A WINTER STORM WARNING DUE TO EXPECTED HEAVY SNOW ABOVE 2000 FEET.

THE WINTER STORM WARNING WILL TAKE EFFECT NOW AND GO THROUGH 4 AM MONDAY MORNING. 5 - 10 INCHES OF SNOW IS NOW EXPECTED ABOVE 2000 FEET FROM THE CASCADES WEST..12 - 20 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED FOR ELEVATIONS ABOVE 4000 FEET FOR BOTH THE CASCADES AND SISKIYOUS.

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH 4 AM MONDAY MORNING FOR ALL OF SOUTHWESTERN OREGON BELOW 2000, EXCEPT FOR THE IMMEDIATE COASTAL AREA. 1 - 4 INCHES OF SNOW IS NOW EXPECTED FOR THE VALLEYS OF SOUTHWESTERN OREGON.
TRAVEL THROUGHOUT SOUTHERN OREGON IS GOING TO EXTREMELY IMPACTED FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH MONDAY MORNING DUE TO SNOWFALL. TRAVEL WILL BE IMPACTED BY PACKED SNOW AND ICY CONDITIONS FROM TONIGHT THROUGH AT LEAST TUESDAY. COLD AIR WILL ARRIVE MONDAY THAT WILL CAUSE PACKED SNOW AND ICY CONDITIONS TO PERSIST ON ROAD SURFACES.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 (One Life...Live It)
Hey Donna, thanks for the post. We are in Arizona now headed your way in 3 weeks can you make sure all this winter weather is gone by then?
Fun&Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:18 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
I’m going on my first getaway in two weeks, this cold weather needs to move on
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Holy cow, left Pismo Beach and was expecting to go through Siskiyou in 2 days. Time to re-calculate. Thanks for the heads up.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Ron the Lower Mainland got hit with snow last night and temps will hold below 0 C for a few days. We got about 8 inches here in Kelowna...just when we though we were looking at spring coming.
Enjoy your vacation.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #6

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer (June 2018)
Whole west coast of US cold for next week or so.
Bob in Bend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:04 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Bend View Post
Whole west coast of US cold for next week or so.
That seems strange , when I checked the weather forecast it showed the Bend Oregon area having fairly nice spring type weather over the next two weeks .
Maybe I am looking at the forecast for a different Bend Oregon
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:32 PM   #8

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer (June 2018)
Bend weather forecast:
high today 26 (fahrenheit) equals approximate minus 3 celsius
low tonight 13
rest of week highs mid 30's, lows in teens
next week a bit warmer 38 high and 22 low.

Two weeks ago highs were in the 60's. I paddle boarded. Back to skiing right now.
Oregon actually had some snow on beaches recently.

Los Angeles and San Francisco temps are 10 to 20 degrees cooler than two weeks ago, also. It is nice here, if you are prepared. It is winter after all.
Bob in Bend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:49 PM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Bend View Post
Bend weather forecast:
high today 26 (fahrenheit) equals approximate minus 3 celsius
low tonight 13
rest of week highs mid 30's, lows in teens
next week a bit warmer 38 high and 22 low.

Two weeks ago highs were in the 60's. I paddle boarded. Back to skiing right now.
Oregon actually had some snow on beaches recently.

Los Angeles and San Francisco temps are 10 to 20 degrees cooler than two weeks ago, also. It is nice here, if you are prepared. It is winter after all.
Thank you , that was the same forecast I saw on the internet
Mid to upper 30's. We visited Oregon a few years back in September and the weather was absolutely perfect , well maybe a shade too warm but really nice. We really enjoyed Oregon especially their State Parks , friendly people , mild climate and not having to pump your own gas.
We are experiencing temps in the high teens with strong winds and snow but what can you expect , it is still winter for another couple months
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:20 PM   #10

Definitely cool. Went to san luis Resevoir last night and paid for a power site so we wouldn't have to run the furnace all night. Stopped at Rolling Hills and again have power. Normally we just stay in the truck parking but that North wind is very cold.

Siskiyou looks OK and we were tempted to push on and get through while the getting is good. But we'll gamble on the 30% of show showers for tomorrow not amounting to much.

Ron
Old 02-19-2018, 05:24 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Definitely cool. Went to san luis Resevoir last night and paid for a power site so we wouldn't have to run the furnace all night. Stopped at Rolling Hills and again have power. Normally we just stay in the truck parking but that North wind is very cold.

Siskiyou looks OK and we were tempted to push on and get through while the getting is good. But we'll gamble on the 30% of show showers for tomorrow not amounting to much.

Ron
The days are going to warm up nicely in Oregon Ron. I woke up to several inches of snow on the ground. As soon as the sun came up, it started melting. Just be careful of shady spots and overpasses. Too, ODOT is starting to use a salt prep on some roads... dang it anyway! So, if you drive through it, when you get home... wash the undercarriage of your tow and trailer.

Safe travels!
Old 02-19-2018, 09:32 PM   #12

Trailer: 2016/ 5TA Spirit Bear
We are in Canyonville Donna. Cold with a bit of snow but nice. Thanks for the advice.
Mark James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:13 PM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post

Ron
Just drove over Siskiyou an hour ago. 23F with flurries, but dry all the way. Record low 20F in Medford tonight. We are on our way to Revelstoke, BC where it's going to really be frosty!
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
As soon as the sun came up, it started melting.
Safe travels!
That's good to hear. I was hoping that it wasn't going to be like last year in Portland with the ice ridges between the lanes making lane changes difficult.

Ron
Old 02-19-2018, 10:19 PM   #15
Site Team

Round two may hit Portland tomorrow (Tues) afternoon and evening. I don't know how far north this next storm may hit.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:20 PM   #16

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17B
I live in southern Oregon, southeast of Klamath Falls. After a spring-like winter, we are cold now. Supposed to be below 0F tonight. I chose to have my car detailed today. The wax froze on the car.
Sheepdogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:22 AM   #17
Site Team

Tuesday, February 20

"PORTLAND, Ore. - The National Weather Service has upgraded the winter weather advisory to a winter storm warning.

They now predict 3 to 8 inches of snow from Kelso/Longview to Portland.

The National Weather Service says a winter storm warning means travel will be very difficult by mid-afternoon. They say if you don’t need to travel Tuesday, staying home may be the best decision.

KATU Meteorologist Rhonda Shelby says this means about 1 to 2 inches of snow will fall in the Portland metro area in the early afternoon and 3 to 7 inches will fall later in the evening.

The National Weather Service says the winter storm warning is in effect until Wednesday morning."

Remember, Portland does rain well, snow NOT well at all.

Those traveling through, please be safe!
Old 02-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #18

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yes my almost 90 year old mom and step dad decided to drive down to Hood river yesterday hope they are OK- they like adventures but they worry me.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
yes my almost 90 year old mom and step dad decided to drive down to Hood river yesterday hope they are OK- they like adventures but they worry me.
I hope they get home quickly or are willing to hole up someplace. This storm came in at least four hours early. It's been snowing at my house for an hour.... BIG sticky flakes. French Toast storm coming up!
Old 02-20-2018, 02:35 PM   #20

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
they are somewhere around hood river in the mountains they are staying over night
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote