Our Escape owners in Iowa and Illinois.... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2015, 08:08 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Our Escape owners in Iowa and Illinois....

This season's first major snowfall, enjoy and stay warm. Make sure your Escape has been winterized.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
Finish on that up today.
LDRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Jim, the 19 is in the barn, Christmas decorations are up, Rita does this, I'm no good, snow blower in the attached garage, tractor is dieseled up, and the Peppermint schnapps is cooling down for a sip later today. The weather terrorists are predicting 6 to 9 here, but like other things in life, you never know how much you're gonna get or how long it will last. Best wishes to everyone for a nice Thanksgiving holiday,
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Jim, the 19 is in the barn, Christmas decorations are up, Rita does this, I'm no good, snow blower in the attached garage, tractor is dieseled up, and the Peppermint schnapps is cooling down for a sip later today. The weather terrorists are predicting 6 to 9 here, but like other things in life, you never know how much you're gonna get or how long it will last. Best wishes to everyone for a nice Thanksgiving holiday,
Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... Thanksgiving!!! Our "Turkey" is long gone. For that matter so is the Ham. Happy day any way!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:49 PM   #5

Hi Alf
Tonight is my semiannual meeting of the loyal order of the Crow and Carp. It's an exclusive accumulation of advanced thinkers who solve many world problems while setting around a wood stove. The advanced mostly refers to our age. We are all conservationists who follow Aldo Leopold's teachings and enjoy a wee dram now and then. The ground has mysteriously turned white in the last hour, better go see what that is.
Dave
Old 11-20-2015, 04:06 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Alf
Tonight is my semiannual meeting of the loyal order of the Crow and Carp. It's an exclusive accumulation of advanced thinkers who solve many world problems while setting around a wood stove. The advanced mostly refers to our age. We are all conservationists who follow Aldo Leopold's teachings and enjoy a wee dram now and then. The ground has mysteriously turned white in the last hour, better go see what that is.
Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... Just another sign it's growing old!!! I do a lot of "Carping"... and have to eat some "Crow" too. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:53 AM   #7

On edit, the storm appears to be now in Michigan/Wisconsin and Indiana as well.....just be careful.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:16 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
It went south of us - good thing cause my snowblower is still in the shop.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:43 AM   #9

Only 7 inches here, used the blower, tractor stayed in the shed. 20 degrees Fahrenheit with a 20 mile an hour wind out of the Northwest. Sky is clear. Jake is loving the romp in the fresh snow of course he has a fur coat. On a positive note, quaffed a six of Sam Adams White Christmas last night. Very tasty, Belgium wheat style., new issue. Probably be my choice for the holidays along with Burning River Christmas Ale out of Cleveland.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Dave how does the Sam Adams compare with Hoegaarden (the original Belgian White)?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-21-2015, 12:30 PM   #11

What is wrong with Iron City, made with Monongahela River water.....
Old 11-21-2015, 12:44 PM   #12

The hoegaarden is a very good Belgian. My brother who is a better beer judge than I prefers it and if he's not on a hoppy kick, he is usually well supplied with Hoegaarden. The Sam Adams at about a buck and a half cheaper, is "softer" with very little after taste. Definitely a big brewery seasonal offering with a "catchy" name. Anybody who would try it would not be offended and not finish at least one bottle. So it's a good beer but not on par with Hoegaarden. In my opinion. Jim, we can't get many of those local NE USA brews out here. You'll see Saranac once in a while but not much else. Only way we get Ohio beers is my son in law Todd picks them up when he's over that way and brings them out. If they can sell Burning River named for the Cayuhoga which used to catch on fire in Cleveland, the Monongahela has great possibilities and can't be all bad. Just can't get it here. Like Yuengling, which Teresa had as her Wedding beer at Hilton Head a few years ago. .
Dave
Old 11-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #13

Pierre Celis, the Belgian who started Hoegaarden brought back what was essentially an extinct beer style. Eventually he started a new brewery in Austin, Celis Brewery and made some very excellent beers. Then Miller bought it, managed it poorly and Celis vanished. Its name was bought by The Michigan Brewing Company until they went out of business. Latest rumor is that Pierre's daughter has reacquired the name and is going to restart Celis. Celis White, was in my opinion, the best White I've ever tasted - would love to see it come back.

I make a Belgian White style, but it is a tough one to get consistent taste with - the special yeast and blend of spices are tricky.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #14

I never got into beer making. My Dad was Third Armored (Spearhead) 32 nd armored and fought extensively in Belgium in WWII. He had high regard for his treatment by the Belgian people. That transferred to his sons with appreciation for Belgian Horses, Belgian shotguns, Belgian chocolate and most anything Belgian that had alcohol in it. So it's really my job to try Belgian beers. In fact my middle brother lives down the street in Ft Collins from the founder of the New Belgium brewery. The 32nd was much decorated, fought in the Battle of the Ardennes,(Bulge). rolled into Cologne and liberated a concentration camp which pretty much messed with my dad's head the rest of his life.
Dave
Old 11-21-2015, 01:48 PM   #15

Dave - there are so many excellent Belgian beers - you have a wonderful job ahead of you. My favorites are the ones that are real abby dubble styles. Each one that come from an actual abby, has its own unique yeast, some have been brewed in the same room for hundreds of years and with open fermentation methods, they don't even have to add any yeast. A good Belgian beer has flavors that emerge and change as they warm up as you drink them. I've always thought it would be fun to just tour Belgium and go from one brewery to another.