Our New 15B Nearing Completion - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Our New 15B Nearing Completion

Our new 15B is nearing completion! YES... we pick it up April 1, yes on April Fool's Day.

See pics here:

http://tinyurl.com/escape15

Click on the Build section for the latest pictures.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape
Wow, thank you for the pictures. Watching the progressive build is very interesting. The research and comparison is especially helpful. Did you use a local bank for the currency exchange ?
Jubal
Old 02-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #3

We followed Tammy's instructions. Money was wired from our account to Escape's Well's Fargo US account. Tammy then waited to transfer the money at our request. Tammy gets very competitive rates, close to what banks get, but there is still a markup if the Canadian dollar is above the U.S. dollar. When they were dead even, it was still a .015 increase on the dollar. This was done in January. Right now the rate is in the U.S. favor or .98 to the Canadian dollar. This is a good time to move money if you are buying.

Tim
Old 02-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 2012 15-A
Congratulations Tim, you will love your 15B!

Scott
Kærnehuset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #5

Newest 15 B Build Pictures

Well, Kim informed me that our 15B is going to the "QC" bay, for Quality Control inspection. Wow, they added a lot since last week! The awning is on and so is the front box. Cushions and valences aren't in yet, but those come last I think.

Pictures again located here:

https://sites.google.com/site/ouresc...iler/the-build

Enjoy!

Tim and Julie
Old 03-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #6

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
Well, Kim informed me that our 15B is going to the "QC" bay, for Quality Control inspection. Wow, they added a lot since last week! The awning is on and so is the front box. Cushions and valences aren't in yet, but those come last I think.

Pictures again located here:

Enjoy!

Tim and Julie
Looks wonderful ....you must be excited !
Old 03-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #7

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Techfan, you're as giddy as an expecting parent with ultrasound stills.

Enjoy!!!
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
That's the finest April Fools joke I've seen... and that's NO JOKE! Cool for you!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #9

It's done!! But it is going to sit there until we can pick it up on April 1

These are the last of the build pictures received on March 8. (Scroll to the bottom on the page.)

Tim and Julie
Old 03-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Looking really good. These last couple of weeks are going to seem like years before you can pick it up.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 15B
Tim and Julie: Only a little over two weeks! That will go fast. Will we see you at the rally in June?
JimJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #12

Unfortunately, we won't be attending the rally in June. Just a little too early for my wife, who is still working. I couldn't figure out how to work out the travel time this year. Next year is a definite YES as she will be done working and we can go anywhere anytime, that is why the splurge on the Escape. Thanks again for letting us see your Escape and helping us to make up our minds.

Tim and Julie
15B
Santa Fe
Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #13

Techfan
Please share information after you have picked you trailer. Did Escape "export" the trailer into Sumas for you ? Was it late in the afternoon after orientation and export ? If US orientations are scheduled for 8am it could be along day before departure in the US. We are picking a 19' up in June and need to plan accordingly.
Thank you, Jubal
Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #14

Jubal,
Jim and Robin from Portland Or, had no problems, but I will post all the details after April 1. I already have all of the necessary paperwork which includes: bill of sale, Certificate of Origin, New Vehicle Information (Canadian), US Dept Transportation Declaration of Importation of Vehicle, NAFTA Certificate of Origin, US Customs Invoice, Dept Homeland Security Entry Summary, and Importer ID. All have been filled out by Escape and only need our signatures, and stamps at the border. Washington State will not sell me my license until after I have customs stamp so I will use a 30 Day Temporary Permit to pick up the trailer (just to be safe) in Washington it is only $25. As you can see from the titles of the paperwork, we are importing the vehicle rather than Escape exporting the vehicle.

Tim and Julie
Old 03-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #15

Hello
I requested an after action report because it seems that escape has changed their procedure. Please see the picking up your escape trailer thread.

Once the trailer is finished we will schedule a four hour Orientation for you at your convienence. Once the orientation is completed one of our driver's will transport the trailer from our facility in Chilliwack, BC to Sumas, WA.
Both the driver and new Escape owner will travel separately back to Sumas, WA. Our driver will export the trailer across the border into the US through the Commercial Lanes, while the US Resident crosses the border through the standard crossing.
The driver will then meet the US owner at a predetermined location in Sumas, where the trailer will be unhooked and the new owner will be able to hook up and continue home.

Hello Everyone,
As outlined in the FAQ on the Escape Forum. The trailers are Exported rather than being Imported. In 2007, the Canada Revenue Agency told us that we could have the trailer Imported by the customer into the US as long as we maintained proof of exportation. This change in process was a result of a change with the NAFTA.
However, after a recent review the Canada Revenue Agency has now asked that we being Exporting the trailers across the border into Sumas, WA. Rather than the customer having the 7501 stamped by the Customs Officer. We now have the Customs Officer stamp the 7501 and provide the customer with a certified copy.
The purpose for exporting your trailer is to ensure you as a US citizen is exempt from the BC Sales Tax HST which is 12%.

Please feel free to forward any questions you may have.

Tammy
Old 03-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #16

Via e-mail from Escape trailers. 3/12/13
E-mail sent:
Hello
Do you now tow the new Escape into the US through customs for the costumer ?
What if we want to travel east through Canada and exit at the border crossings further to the east ? Do we reenter Canada ?
We are happy to do that which works best for you. It seems that it would take a full day to go through orientation in the AM
and go through customs in the pm.

E-mail recieved:
Once we have exported the trailer into the US you will be able to re-enter Canada and travel East.
The purpose of exporting the trailer is to have the VIN number cited by a US Government Official and have the 7510 Form Stamped or certified. This form is normally what allows you to register the trailer in your state. However, depending on which state you are from you may be able to obtain title, registration and insurance before you leave home. We will provide you with a copy of the exportation documents once we have assigned your trailer a VIN number.
We schedule all US orientations for 8am as each orientation takes approximately four hours and then we are about 30 minutes from the border. However, as we all know the line ups at the border can take longer some times than others and we need to ensure we have been processed through the commercial side before 4pm.
I hope this helps.
Warm regards,
Tammy Harmatuik