Our Visit to Chilliwack - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2015, 02:53 PM   #21

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
How exciting to read your post, Grant! Lots of good reasons to get to Chilliwack!
Too bad we don't live on the west coast, and we certainly have not had warm t-shirt weather! The past 3-4 days the temps have hovered about 10 - 15 degrees F during the day and today it's been snowing all day and the temp has risen to 9 F. So we've been doing a lot of day dreaming the past few days about our 5.0TA on order (for Sept 2015 delivery).
We are contemplating flying into San Antonio for the rally in April to meet some other escape owners and see the different Escapes that will be there. I think it's been mentioned that Tammy and Reace will also be there with a 5.0TA. We thought we might take a day trip to the rally and then head to Houston to visit with relatives.
Grant & Kathy... enjoy the rest of your planning... we are just beginning.
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:57 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Holly and I live in Bandera (well, 5 miles out of town) where the rally is taking place. We get out 5.0TA in August but most certainly will also attend the rally in April to get some good ideas. Our build sheet isn't due until June 1 so we will have time for changes. Should you need a place to stay while at the rally please let us know as we have room at the house.
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #23

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Holly and I live in Bandera (well, 5 miles out of town) where the rally is taking place. We get out 5.0TA in August but most certainly will also attend the rally in April to get some good ideas. Our build sheet isn't due until June 1 so we will have time for changes. Should you need a place to stay while at the rally please let us know as we have room at the house.
MacMan,
Thank you for your generous offer. We might take you up on it. This is truly an exciting time for all of us and would be great to meet other Escape owners and get ideas. Our build sheet will be due shortly after yours. Thanks a lot! We will be in touch!
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:14 PM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
You two have convinced me. I am trying to convince Holly. Also trying to tell her she doesn't need a three burner stove. Two is just fine.
We debated the 3 burner vs the 2 burner for awhile. When we realized that at home we rarely if ever use more than 2 burners, and that camping meals are usually simpler than at home, the 2 burner made more sense for us. The added counter space was a bonus too.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:29 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
I am very much looking forward to seeing your rig and talking with you in Bandera. Hope you have fun bringing it back home.
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:34 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
I/we like to grill and I am getting a Weber Q1200 and plan to cook most meals on that. We will see how good a negotiator I am when we "discuss" the matter this evening!
We are also planning on a two-burner, with the stove rotated for more counter space. This was the decision of my always-avidly-cooking wife, after evaluating the size of the three burner, and whether she would ever use it.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
I am very much looking forward to seeing your rig and talking with you in Bandera. Hope you have fun bringing it back home.
I am counting the days MacMan. I'm stuck in DC right now, back and forth every week. Looking forward to our month long vacation is making it somewhat tolerable.