oven inside measurements - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2016, 10:00 PM   #1

Trailer: looking to purchase 21 foot
oven inside measurements

Can someone give us the inside measurements of the oven in the escape. We are preparing to pick up our new trailer and are packing some baking pans so we have them for our trip, dont want to pack something too big. Thanks!
Barylski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barylski View Post
Can someone give us the inside measurements of the oven in the escape. We are preparing to pick up our new trailer and are packing some baking pans so we have them for our trip, dont want to pack something too big. Thanks!
I spoke to someone at Atwood, the stove/oven manufacturer, and was told that the inside dimensions are 12.75 high, 12 deep and 14 wide.
curru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:29 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by curru View Post
I spoke to someone at Atwood, the stove/oven manufacturer, and was told that the inside dimensions are 12.75 high, 12 deep and 14 wide.
Measured mine and a 13x15 space for a baking pan.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:30 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
When selecting pans, remember air needs to circulate around them in the oven. You have to size the pans to allow for that.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:41 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 19'
I guess they must use a different oven unit for the 21. I asked for the 19, and in that one they use the Atwood model #RV1735BBP. The measurements I got were for that one.
curru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:21 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I bought a set of pans made for a toaster oven, worked well.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:37 AM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
My cookie sheet is half-size. Even so it won't fit front-to-back; I turn it sideways and it's fine. My other pan is a 6 by 9 inch brownie/cornbread pan. I purchased both pans after picking up the trailer, on our initial Fred Meyer provisioning run. (Bellingham WA).

Have FUN!!
Old 04-19-2016, 11:05 AM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21 2002 Tundra 4x4 V-8 tow package.
After some trial I now use a 15.25" X 9.5" Pyrex pan. You could fit one that is 12" wide but the 15.25 is max length. I really like the air flow that 9.5" allows, I used a 15x12 at first but chickens would not brown up as well, the generally the cooking was too uneven.
craiginpetaluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:53 PM   #9

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I guess they must use a different oven unit for the 21. I asked for the 19, and in that one they use the Atwood model #RV1735BBP. The measurements I got were for that one.
That's the 17-inch Wedgewood Vision high-output range with piezo ignition. The Atwood brochure doesn't give any inside dimensions, but I note that from the cutout and shipping dimensions that the difference between the two sizes is only in height. The letters on the end are only ignition and finish options which would not affect the dimensions.

I have the RV-2135 BBP in my motorhome - the same thing, but taller.
My interior is:
  • 15" wide (clearance between shelf supports). This should be the same as the Escape model; I assume Atwood's 14" value is for the maximum width of a pan, leaving room for air circulation as baglo explained.
  • 13.5" deep (front to back). I again assume that Atwood's 12" value is for the maximum width of a pan, leaving room for air circulation.
  • 15" tall, but only 8" from the lowest shelf position to the roof, due to the burner assembly and the screwed-in broiler shelf above it. The shallower "17 inch" model would not be as tall... presumably as little as 4" but probably a bit more (minus air circulation space) of usable height. Atwood's 12.75" height would be from the very bottom to the top, with much of that not part of the usable space for baking or roasting.
    With only one burner in the oven, the only way to broil is to place the food on the floor of the oven under the burner - this is presumably why this space takes up so much of the oven's height... and even then, one would need to be very careful to avoid uneven cooking, and to avoid hitting the pilot light.

So this basically matches Charlie's observation. I assume that Craig's Pyrex pan's handles are right up against the walls, between the shelf supports.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:39 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The oven I had in the 21' had piezo igniters on the stove burners only, the oven was manual lighting.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:11 AM   #11

Trailer: 21, June 8, 2016, "The Final Frontier"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The oven I had in the 21' had piezo igniters on the stove burners only, the oven was manual lighting.
That's good to hear, the instructional video that Escape has shows the burners being lit with a hand held lighter. I was hoping that was not the case.
Mary Strasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, same for my RV-2135 BBP. I have another one of these (an Atwood RA-xx35 BBE, not Wedgewood) in another RV which has the electronic ignition, but the oven is still manual. I think the ignition options are only for the stovetop burners, and the oven is a match-lit pilot on all models in the Atwood / Wedgewood line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Strasser View Post
That's good to hear, the instructional video that Escape has shows the burners being lit with a hand held lighter. I was hoping that was not the case.
The stove top burners can be match-lit on most stoves. I don't know why anyone would buy any of the Atwood/Wedgewood line without either piezo or electronic ignition, although match light is the standard for Wedgewood models (Atwoods are piezo as standard equipment). It can't cost that much...
Old 12-03-2016, 06:51 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
What is the model number for the Atwood in the 21 foot?
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
What is the model number for the Atwood in the 21 foot?
Apparently the Atwood Wedgewood RV-1735 BBP.

Quote:
As established in the discussion in this thread, the dimensions are consistent - it looks like the same model is used in both the 19' and the 21' (and probably every Escape model which has been available with an oven).