Picked Up 21' !! - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2015, 11:00 AM   #141

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 " June Bug"
Did you use the table supplied by ETI This table thing is the most challenging for me to decide...seems most are not so happy with the table set up in 21..we want u-shaped dinette where we can take table out and have lounge area, you may have helped us solve the problem with the flush mount table floor thingies. We do want to use as bed, place to play cards, do puzzles and lounge area...we think we can have it all....any ideas or thoughts appreciated...build sheet due Feb 1....Thanks
crnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:26 AM   #142

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have been in trailers that have the flush mounts and they wobble worst than the ant hills. When I convert my "U" to a lounge area, the ant hills are covered and out of the way, but in use they are sturdier than the flush mount set up.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:30 PM   #143

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
crnelson,
If you are referring to the marine pedestals that some are putting in, the table cannot be removed as it can with the stock setup. Some folks that get the U dinette order an extra filler board and cushion and do not have ETI install the table. You get the table and hardware, they just don't install it. Pretty much what we are doing, but we're having ETI install the table for now. We probably will use the U dinette and the filler board as a lounge the bulk of the time without a table.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:33 PM   #144

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have been in trailers that have the flush mounts and they wobble worst than the ant hills. When I convert my "U" to a lounge area, the ant hills are covered and out of the way, but in use they are sturdier than the flush mount set up.
Thanks for the input. I saw this setup with the Sequoia legs and it looked like a perfect solution. It also looks like the same supports used on the tables in the Oliver trailers. Anyone else have any experience with these Sequoia supports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
crnelson,
If you are referring to the marine pedestals that some are putting in, the table cannot be removed as it can with the stock setup.
Can you expand on this? Do you mean that the table top can not be separated from the poles?

Thanks
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:44 PM   #145
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa View Post
Can you expand on this? Do you mean that the table top can not be separated from the poles?
With the Springfield pedestal, there are no poles. There are no sockets either. The telescoping pedestal permanently mounts both to the floor and the underside of the table. You can raise it, lower it, and in the case of the smaller table in a U-shaped dinette, rotate it - but you don't remove it. If you want a removable mount, so the area can be used as a lounge, the Springfield pedestal is not for you.

Here's a photo of mine:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1336.jpg  
Old 09-14-2015, 03:11 PM   #146

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
With the Springfield pedestal, there are no poles. There are no sockets either. The telescoping pedestal permanently mounts both to the floor and the underside of the table. You can raise it, lower it, and in the case of the smaller table in a U-shaped dinette, rotate it - but you don't remove it. If you want a removable mount, so the area can be used as a lounge, the Springfield pedestal is not for you.

Here's a photo of mine:
Got it now, we're talking about two different systems. I was referring to the poles used by the OP of this thread. They are also used on boats.

Sequoia Twist Lock Leg Kit | PontoonStuff.com
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:01 PM   #147

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnelson View Post
Did you use the table supplied by ETI This table thing is the most challenging for me to decide...seems most are not so happy with the table set up in 21..we want u-shaped dinette where we can take table out and have lounge area, you may have helped us solve the problem with the flush mount table floor thingies. We do want to use as bed, place to play cards, do puzzles and lounge area...we think we can have it all....any ideas or thoughts appreciated...build sheet due Feb 1....Thanks
We are using ETI's table, however, we intend to remove it shortly to have no table. We like their table but are going to try using the two flip-up counter extensions that we had installed at each side of the dinette so as to have the area open. What we don't like about the table is having to constantly shift it from side to side since it is always in someone's way, and we will be able to use the area more as a lounge with no table. Also will be able to access items under the benches better.

We removed the table the other day and found that the Sequoia legs were rock solid. It could be that installation is everything. ETI installed ours. We are very glad to have the nearly flat bases which probably are 1/2" tall. No big cones in the way.

Of course, we will have the table and can always use it for a bed if needed at any time.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:05 PM   #148

One of our last stops was Spirit Lake, Iowa and we had our best water site.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 09-17-2015, 11:13 PM   #149

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
That is a calendar.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:17 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
That is a calendar.
Should make my own of that Canada trip. Endless incredible sights.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:25 AM   #151

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
One of our last stops was Spirit Lake, Iowa and we had our best water site.
Great shot! Looks like you're really enjoying the trip and your beautiful trailer!
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote