Picked up E23 Friday - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2024, 09:38 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRL View Post
No. They did the install (I asked). It came loose the next day, and I re-did it. Also moved the bars back a few inches... sort of wish I'd have done it myself to begin with. But they were well meaning.

So far so good. No one ever mentioned "metal incompatibility." How would that be different from what they would have wanted to install, which would have been iron on aluminum?

And most importantly: is there something I should put between the Anderson bars and the aluminum?
I raised the question of isolating contact between the E23 aluminum frame and steel components/attachments to prevent metal-to-metal corrosion last year, in this thread (post #302):

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...-17614-16.html

Never did get an answer. I know Oliver uses a sacrificial anode for the purpose. I vaguely recall someone saying Escape was using some kind of neutral (plastic?) interface between incompatible metal parts. It would be helpful to have some official word from Escape re their solution(s) to the potential problem.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:36 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapingDan View Post
I really like how they notched out the roofline for the awning, better than just bolting it on as others do.
That's not new. The notch started with Gen 2 trailers several years ago.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 09:07 PM   #23
LRL

Trailer: E23Q; previously: 2017 E21
I promised an interior photo. Not the best, but shows the dining room, kitchen, and bedroom suite. Couldn't get the bowling alley and hot tub in the same frame.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1256.jpg  
Arcata, CA
LRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 07:18 AM   #24

Trailer: 2024 Escape E23
Quote:
No. They did the install (I asked). It came loose the next day, and I re-did it. Also moved the bars back a few inches... sort of wish I'd have done it myself to begin with. But they were well meaning.
We are getting our E23 in May and we will also be using the Andersen WDH. On our first three travel trailers, we had the Equal-i-zer WDH and the Andersen on the Casita we just sold. I will be installing it myself as I have installed many WDHs in the past 15 years. I need to find out the frame size to order the Andersen. Could tell me what the frame size is? Looking at your picture (attempted to zoom in), it seems like the bottom bolt on the bracket should be one more up based on the instructions. The last hole is for a 6" frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.12.12 AM.jpeg  
Tobywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 09:05 AM   #25
LRL

You are totally correct. It was installed improperly the first time. It is now one bolt up. Set for 5 inch frame of the E23.
Arcata, CA
Old 03-13-2024, 12:03 PM   #26
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: Escape 23
Quote:
Good experience at ETI. Love the trailer! Wishing for a bit less rain, and a lot less traffic through the Seattle area (on a Saturday!!)
So happy for you! Wishing you all the best on your adventures in your new E23 from everyone here at Escape!!
Kosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 09:18 PM   #27

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23
Congratulations on the new trailer. I am picking up our E23 in July and am seriously considering the Andersen although the Weigh-Safe is a strong contender for me. I will be keenly listening for reports from those who go before me as to how well the Anderson distributes weight from the rear of the truck. Although, I am thinking my 2500HD won't need too much weight distributed back tom the front axel. Curious as to which GTWR you are going with. I spoke with the folks at Trademasters in Chilliwack and they recommend the 16k hitch-seems a bit of overkill to me.
CamperCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:31 AM   #28
LRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperCamper View Post
Congratulations on the new trailer. I am picking up our E23 in July and am seriously considering the Andersen although the Weigh-Safe is a strong contender for me. I will be keenly listening for reports from those who go before me as to how well the Anderson distributes weight from the rear of the truck. Although, I am thinking my 2500HD won't need too much weight distributed back tom the front axel. Curious as to which GTWR you are going with. I spoke with the folks at Trademasters in Chilliwack and they recommend the 16k hitch-seems a bit of overkill to me.
Sorry, I’m not sure which one I have… except I am certain it’s not the 16K. It’s 8 or 9 I think. What I really appreciate about it is that it really dampens the rocking horse effect one gets when going over speed bumps and the like. I tow with an F150, and towed my old 21 without sway control/WD for a few thousand miles, and was totally fine OTHER than the rocking horse action.
Arcata, CA