Picked up our new 21 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 10-17-2016, 09:53 AM   #11
Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
We just returned from a 5 week trip to New Mexico and my gas mileage (US gallons) was between 10-12 MPG most of the trip. There were a lot of elevation changes as we climbed to as high as 11,000 ft on the various passes.

This is with a 2005 Tundra (about the same towing performance as a current Tacoma) and towing our Escape 21. With the higher U.S. speed limits I cruised close to the limit unless it was 80 MPH, when I cruised at 73-74 MPG. I hope to make this truck last a few more years, because it has a higher payload capacity than a Taco and yet IT FITS IN OUR SMALLER GARAGE along with the car and all the stuff I store in there.
Got 11.6 mpg coming over stevens and Lookout pass. Truck shifted down to 3rd a couple of times but never went over 3000rpm maintaining 55 mph. We are in Deer Lodge for a couple days, Homestead pass yet to come which is the highest one on I-90. So far getting 12.5 on the flats at 65-70 locked in 5th. I'm thinking it will get a little better once we get over the rest of the mountians and off the high plains. We'll see

Jake930 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #12
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA In my future
Hey Jake, I believe you mean Homestake pass as you head East of Butte MT. I actually find Homestake not that bad. Be ready for the climb just East of Whitehall. Long climb up with many long curves, but once you are up to the top it levels out and no down hill from there.

Bozeman pass as you head East of Bozeman is easy.

If you are inclined to stop in Bozeman MT area let me know.

406 - Five Eight Zero - Nine Two Six Eight.

Happy Trails!

Previous Casita and Lazy Daze Owner and future 5.0TA owner.

"Live Life as if everything is rigged in your favor"
Kent is online now   Reply With Quote