Picking up and bringing across US border? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 12-10-2009, 05:19 PM   #11
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Re: Picking up and bringing across US border?

Alf, you'd best not get me going, or I might have to go ape**** on you.

2017 Escape 5.0 TA (someday soon, I hope )
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #12

I crossed the border two days ago with a new car with no license plate and a new Escape. The Customs agent, dressed for battle, asked for my license number. I told him that I did not have one yet. He then asked for the VIN. I said that I think that it is on the dashboard, so he got a pad and wrote it down. He then asked if we had purchased anything in Canada. I told him that the trailer was purchased in Chilliwach about tow hours ago. He handed me a slip of paper, and told me where to "double" park, and to take the paper inside. We went in, gave the paper to another guy dressed in black combat clothes, and he said to go over to the counter off to the side. Another guy dressed for combat came after a brief wait, and asked what we were importing. I gave him the papers that Tammy had prepared, and he said, "well, they did all of the work for me!" He got out a large rummber stamp, banged on my form and handed it back to me saying, Have a nice Christmas."

Except for the rather intimidating clothes and being very officious, they made it a non-event. We were delayed at the border for a total of five minutes max. I liked it a lot better when they wore just a normal uniform. The combat boots remind me of old WWII movies when folks tried to get passed the SS guards.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:57 AM   #13

Have fun with your new Christmas Present!

"In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice. In the morning, I will offer my prayer to you, and wait in expectation" Ps 5:3
'11 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab (5' bed) 09 Escape 5.0
Blacksburg, Virginia (Home of the Virginia Tech Hokies)
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote