Plates plastic stoneware ? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #41

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
C4 Works well, So does Hex Tabs or Triox tabs , cotton ball with vaseline, save your dryer lint when your home for use to start fires burns nice. etc etc etc :}

Cypher
True ! But are these items environmentally friendly when on fire?
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:54 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I have 3 settings of some kind of plastic dinnerware, as well as my 6 bay dinner tray for Pot Lucks, however when dry camping I tend to use more paper to conserve water (at least that is the excuse I use - I don't enjoy doing dishes in the small sink!)

And Cypherian - I have used my share of C4 to start fires & heat "C's", but I think they might frown on one having possession of the stuff these days!
Old 09-15-2014, 03:03 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
True ! But are these items environmentally friendly when on fire?
LOL yes C4 burns complete even the VOCs it gives off (JUST DO NOT STOMP ON IT WHILE IT IS BURNING) oh and umm the State/Fed Leo's may not appreciate you having it in your possession. Hexamine and trioxane tablets are made for camping and burn complete though the hex does give off an odor and if your sensitive to formaldehyde you would not want to use it the pans used sometimes get sticky soot on them. However your using it to start a fire not cook on in the case of the current discussion. The cotton ball and Vaseline the cotton would the Vaseline probably not much more emissions then a small amount of lighter fluid. Dryer lint well if it is cotton it is pretty safe for the environment. If you wanted reusable you could use a 9 volt battery and some steel wool the steel wool burns complete giving off 02 and several other naturally occurring gasses. By far I would suggest they are all better for the environment then burning wax/plasticized paper plates and cups .

Cypher
Cypherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I have 3 settings of some kind of plastic dinnerware, as well as my 6 bay dinner tray for Pot Lucks, however when dry camping I tend to use more paper to conserve water (at least that is the excuse I use - I don't enjoy doing dishes in the small sink!)

And Cypherian - I have used my share of C4 to start fires & heat "C's", but I think they might frown on one having possession of the stuff these days!
Well there is that lol :} I am sure a lot of folks from a lot of 3 letter agencies would not be happy if some one not licensed had it . Never got the hang of doing it with det cord though, know some folks who could do amazing things with that stuff. IE Make Big things small and small things disappear :}

Cypher
Old 09-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #45

I think I was talking about paper plates not waxed paper plates or plastic cups?
However good to know our campers know all about C4.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #46

Quote:
I think I was talking about paper plates not waxed paper plates or plastic cups?
However good to know our campers know all about C4.
No worries just having a little fun

Cypher
Old 09-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #47

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Can you still get paper plates that don't have some sort of coating? I would think they would be useless with most food.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #48

Yes you can Brian however, you wouldn't want to set the plate on you knee while dining. Or those double knit trousers will never be the same.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #49

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Ok I don't like paper plates either so I guess I will join the Corelle club. Now have pick out a pattern. Thank you for the good advice.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:43 AM   #50

Trailer: Working on my build list
There is a Corelle outlet store in Centralia, WA just south of you. They sell a lot of single pieces too so you can get only what you need. Lots of patterns available too. Might be worth the time to see if they have something you want.
WestEnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:45 AM   #51

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Sounds good I will look into it
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #52
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
My mother is a retired interior designer. She once told me to pick out china by imagining what it would look like with a fried egg on the plate. Some patterns are really pretty, but when I think of that fried egg and a running yolk ...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #53

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Sage advice from your ma, Donna. 'tis the kinda thing you see more than an empty plate.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote