Please critique my options on a 17B - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #141

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Please critique my options on a 17b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
They must have moved the cord because it was in the far corner on ours and no way you could reach in and reach it. You would have to be crawling way in under the bed. Even then, I am not sure we could access it. Don't think we could. They have probably changed something on that. Not to mention getting rid of all of those screws.
Here are a few pics . On the 19 my fresh water tank is right under bed. So I never put any screws in floor . What i did was glue wood blocks down using construction adhesive to add some supports on floor . I used the framing Escape had for bed to add a couple screws to hold the plywood . My cord is contained back in corner next to water heater . You can't see it unless you remove ply . It has been this way almost 2 years . No problem . I guess on the 17 it is in bench . I now have carpet in middle section and only clean items go in there . Last pic is what outside box looks like . You get the idea . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
P1010001 3.jpg   P1010002 3.jpg   P1010012.jpg  
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #142

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Pat, I think our area was closed up back there or for some reason we could not get to it. I take it that is your ply though. We also had carpet down the middle. Our water pump was right there probably same place as yours and our present water pump is also under the bed.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:34 PM   #143

Quote:
Pat, I think our area was closed up back there or for some reason we could not get to it. I take it that is your ply though. We also had carpet down the middle. Our water pump was right there probably same place as yours and our present water pump is also under the bed.
Yes Cathy that is the piece I put up . I left front open though because of pump . Good thing I already have had to change .I made a trap door to access at top for pump now , because it hurts changing out that pump trying to work on your side , trying to get your arms in there . It is just what I do if I don't like something . I no longer have Escape bed. I tried couldn't deal with springs so I now have air and latex which I can very easy move . Pat
Old 11-25-2015, 05:55 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Yes Cathy that is the piece I put up . I left front open though because of pump . Good thing I already have had to change .I made a trap door to access at top for pump now , because it hurts changing out that pump trying to work on your side , trying to get your arms in there . It is just what I do if I don't like something . I no longer have Escape bed. I tried couldn't deal with springs so I now have air and latex which I can very easy move . Pat
Your top access for the pump has to be very handy. That was hard to get to.

The screws I was referring to were in the board under the bed (would be at back right in your photos) where the cord was stored.

We never had a mattress as Escape did not put mattresses back then. We had several inches of foam and then two toppers. It was incredibly comfortable. I don't think our present one with the mattress is as comfortable but one topper.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:13 PM   #145

Quote:
Your top access for the pump has to be very handy. That was hard to get to.

The screws I was referring to were in the board under the bed (would be at back right in your photos) where the cord was stored.

We never had a mattress as Escape did not put mattresses back then. We had several inches of foam and then two toppers. It was incredibly comfortable. I don't think our present one with the mattress is as comfortable but one topper.
I put maybe 6 screws on that whole piece which I can remove . I know ,we tried everything with that mattress including latex topper . No go . I will say though Escape puts in a very quality mattress compared to other manufacturers. I just can't do springs . Have a select comfort at home so I quess I am spoiled . Pat
Old 11-25-2015, 08:05 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydoc View Post
I think I will need it, I am keeping it in my options.

Thanks again to you all & this wonderful Forum.

Best
You will probably find that it has some use you never considered. We fill a bucket for cleaning with the exterior shower. You can do that at a campground.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:42 PM   #147

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B SOLD
Thank you every body, I got my build list completed with your help & signed off on it today.

Best wishes to all
disneydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #148
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydoc View Post
Thank you every body, I got my build list completed with your help & signed off on it today.

Best wishes to all
And the very best to you too!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote