Please critique my options on a 17B - Page 12 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2015, 12:21 AM   #111

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
They are only down by one.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:52 AM   #112

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Pucks for everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 11.50.53 PM.png (20.2 KB, 2 views)

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:14 AM   #113
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I have left for camping and after traveling for 8 hours realized I had left my power cord at home. All I had with me was my temp cord I use when BlackJack is home in the driveway hooked up, a Marinco adapter and a 10 amp extension. This set up is thrown inside the truck during hitch up.
The reason for leaving the power cord was we had gone camping when it was really cold and the power cord is very stiff, so I threw it inside the truck bed. Upon arrival home and after warming up I removed the cord and hung it up in the garage, where it sat while I am 500 miles away.
It can happen and ruin your camping unless you have a back up. With mine, I'm limited to 10 amps of service.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:44 AM   #114

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Pucks for everyone.
The played good, but did not capitalize on chances. 'tis the story of their year.... so far. Still, a real young team that is a lot of fun to watch.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:19 AM   #115

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have left for camping and after traveling for 8 hours realized I had left my power cord at home. All I had with me was my temp cord I use when BlackJack is home in the driveway hooked up, a Marinco adapter and a 10 amp extension. This set up is thrown inside the truck during hitch up.
The reason for leaving the power cord was we had gone camping when it was really cold and the power cord is very stiff, so I threw it inside the truck bed. Upon arrival home and after warming up I removed the cord and hung it up in the garage, where it sat while I am 500 miles away.
It can happen and ruin your camping unless you have a back up. With mine, I'm limited to 10 amps of service.
So go to Camping World or Walmart and buy a 30 amp cord so your trip isn't ruined.
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:21 AM   #116

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
With my 17', Tammy advised me not to store anything in the seat compartment that holds the water heater, pump and electrical, and I've never needed to.
My cord coils ( more or less ) in it's own space.
Tammy told us the same thing. I'm still far from convinced of any advantage of the removable cord, other than bugs, but I'm open to changing my mind before we start the potential order of a 21. I actually had a removable on order for our 17, but after talking with Tammy I changed my mind.

So far two major disadvantages seems to be: (1) potential problems at the connection point and (2) leaving or losing the removable cord. We have a pickup with plenty of storage room, so I have no real need of using the area where the standard one stores. Is the anything specific about a 21 that would make the removable more desirable than it seems to be to me on a 17?

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #117

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
I wonder if the original poster is taking notes on this discussion of, "all things power cords" or patiently waiting for a continuation of his intended topic?
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:09 AM   #118

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Tammy told us the same thing. I'm still far from convinced of any advantage of the removable cord, other than bugs, but I'm open to changing my mind before we start the potential order of a 21. I actually had a removable on order for our 17, but after talking with Tammy I changed my mind.

So far two major disadvantages seems to be: (1) potential problems at the connection point and (2) leaving or losing the removable cord. We have a pickup with plenty of storage room, so I have no real need of using the area where the standard one stores. Is the anything specific about a 21 that would make the removable more desirable than it seems to be to me on a 17?
We were told the same by Reace when we were deciding about the cord . But decide what is best for you and your trailer . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:48 AM   #119

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Same here. Makes no sense. It's why I'll be hunting for 1/4 inch thick rubber stock or its equivalent.
Cut two inches off one of those snake-like "Floaties" little kids use swimming. Works great (and you can use the larger, remaining piece to re-capture your childhood .
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:55 AM   #120

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Quote:
So far two major disadvantages seems to be: (1) potential problems at the connection point and (2) leaving or losing the removable cord....
For those who may have problems leaving or losing their removable cord, do not under any circumstances unhitch your trailer from the tow vehicle when at a campground or you may forget that as well.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote