Price of fuel - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2015, 04:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Price of fuel

Trailer owners and members on this forum live and travel all across North America. It would be interesting for members on this forum to occasionally post what the price of fuel is in their area. I don't think the price of fuel would be a deal breaker on a trip for anyone of us but it would be kind of a heads up. This last fall on our trip to Chilliwack the most paid for gas was $4.09 in Bellingham, Wa. and the cheapest was $3.31 here at home. As we went west the price of gas had a steady climb. Today gas is $1.89 and diesel $2.89 Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Go here: GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada for up to date gas prices.

Also can get an app for your phone there.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:02 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
There are predictable geographic patterns to fuel prices, and the reasons for them are interesting to some of us, but I agree that just looking at the listings from GasBuddy (or a similar online source) is the practical way to see what a particular trip is likely to cost.

I use GasBuddy to find the right location to refill on longer trips (e.g. how close do I need to be to Kamloops for a good crossing-BC stop), but within a local area I don't waste time hunting for the deal-of-the-day.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
[QUOTE=Loren & Cathy;77928]on our trip to Chilliwack the most paid for gas was $4.09 in Bellingham, Wa. /QUOTE]

And the bad joke is that the Cherry Point refinery is a few minutes away. Same situation in Vancouver. Always amazes me that some locations that require transporting gas a long way have cheaper prices.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #5

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
paid 71.9 c a litre at Costco in St.Albert today
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Gas here just dropped another 3 cents to $1.86 and I have never seen it in such a free fall. Just read where the price of crude affects the Canadian dollar which traded down another cent against the US dollar Friday. Some analysts seem to concur that it is headed still lower. The way I understand it, if you haven't turned in your build sheet and a check, ETI can raise the price. I would think Reace is going to feel the pinch one of these days. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #7

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
I would suspect he certainly will as a lot of his supplies must come from the USA
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:30 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I just hope the cost of crude goes up soon. While it is nice to pay less at the pumps, I would MUCH rather have my investments, and potential for work go up too. This low crude price does not bode well for keeping my retirement reasonably close.

As well, it will drive down house prices a lot. Maybe I should start selling off some real estate holdings soon, before it does drop much.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:51 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I just hope the cost of crude goes up soon. While it is nice to pay less at the pumps, I would MUCH rather have my investments, and potential for work go up too. This low crude price does not bode well for keeping my retirement reasonably close.

As well, it will drive down house prices a lot. Maybe I should start selling off some real estate holdings soon, before it does drop much.
Hang in there Jim the price can't stay low forever. My oil investments are coming up already. Even Crescent Point Energy.

Doug
Old 01-03-2015, 04:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Hang in there Jim the price can't stay low forever. My oil investments are coming up already. Even Crescent Point Energy.

Doug
Yeah, just some have a ways to go, is all.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-03-2015, 05:10 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Never fear, the politicians will find a way to get their hands into it all soon enough. California's "Cap and Trade" tax on transportation fuels went into effect on the first. Gas prices are expected to rise anywhere from 10¢ to 76¢ a gallon. And Saudia Arabia will come around and cut back output evntually.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:24 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Saw this on my way to the candy store this morning...

Click image for larger version

Name:	gas.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	9184
Old 01-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Saw this on my way to the candy store this morning...

Attachment 9184
Good! I'm tentatively planning a trip to New Mexico in the spring. If gas prices stay low for a few months it will be good for me.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:45 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
1.72 at the local Costco this morning. If it stays low for awhile this is REALLY going to help our trip to pick up the trailer.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:52 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Makes one to think about installing a 1000 gal. tank and filling it up for a reserve when the prices go up again.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #16

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

The price of crude oil has dropped to a point where it is no longer profitable for some domestic oil producers to continue production. They are talking about layoffs in the US and Canadian oil industries . There may be unintended consequences with the recent dramatic fall in fuel prices and they might not necessarily be good for the overall economy.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
The price of crude oil has dropped to a point where it is no longer profitable for some domestic oil producers to continue production. They are talking about layoffs in the US and Canadian oil industries . There may be unintended consequences with the recent dramatic fall in fuel prices and they might not necessarily be good for the overall economy.
I have heard lots of talk of stoppage of capitol projects, and layoffs of workers. I know many people that will be affected by this. The wee bit of savings in fuel costs definitely pales to the cost to the economy.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:19 PM   #18

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
But, there is a positive side for Ontario manufacturing. May be gloomy in Alberta, but cheery elsewhere in the country.
Once OPEC ( with its low production costs ) has kept production up and prices down for long enough, the marginal players, with high production costs, will be out of business and we'll see prices rise.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:03 PM   #19
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I hate politics, I vote.. that's it. But honestly, lower fuel costs couldn't have come at a better time in the US. It was the holiday season. Folks had more money in their pockets to PURCHASE, which should mean a better chance to build inventory for sellers or folks to travel to Grandma's house... everything is cyclical...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:04 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
My county is ground zero of the sand supply needed for fracking. Neighbors are fighting neighbors and its not pretty. The current cheap plentiful oil supply might slow the sand mining demand down long enough for the local small communities to figure out how to deal with it all in a rational manner.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote