Production Schedule - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2019, 05:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Production Schedule

I was looking at the ETI website and went to check the available dates to see how long the wait currently is. To my surprise no dates listed for any trailers, they all say call for availability. Another corporate change?

rmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
They stopped posting production dates several months ago. On the ETI Facebook page they recently posted this:

Escape Trailer Industries Molded Fiberglass Trailers
August 24 at 1:45 PM
Last 12 Product Slots are now available for December.

Limited availability, and it's your last opportunity to secure 2019 pricing on the 17A, 17B, 19, 21 trailers and the 5.0 Fifth Wheel. Offer is open until Saturday, September 7th at 2:00pm, or while slots last.

Old 08-26-2019, 06:01 PM   #3

Trailer: All of them
We recently modified our production takt time i.e., the beat rate for production, and as a result we had to completely reorganize the production slots. It was challenging to keep posting a couple of dates per trailer, so I stopped doing it a couple of months ago and waited for the backlash. There was no backlash. Customers call us anyway and I'd rather it that way. We pride ourselves on great customer interactions. Now, when customers call looking for a date, we can give them a choice that suits them better.
Karl
Karl@Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:48 AM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
I think this change is an improvement for potential customers. When I placed my order I found having to pick a production date kind of weird. I knew the window when I wanted to take delivery, but I didn't really care whether ETI completed the unit the day before that window or three months before.

Given the turbulence in the global supply chain, I can see why a company might not want to let customers lock in a price more than 3 months or maybe six months out, and given the need to manage raw materials inventories, production processes, blah, blah, blah, I can imagine there are some constraints on making delivery commitments. But the old way of doing it--pick your production date for the type of unit you want really harked back to a little custom shop with a guy and a few helpers cranking out a few trailers a month.
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #5

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Thanks for the reply Karl. It is great to get first hand info. Hope it works out well for ETI.
rmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:30 AM   #6

Trailer: 21' Escape in production 12/05/19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmitch View Post
I was looking at the ETI website and went to check the available dates to see how long the wait currently is. To my surprise no dates listed for any trailers, they all say call for availability. Another corporate change?
We called and were given a choice of two dates at the beginning of December. We picked the one that was numerologically more advantageous, of course!

Gori
Gori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:36 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape-21 'on order'
Talking Dates?

Yup, we ordered our E-21 about a month ago and received a C.D. of October 29th or so. We decided to have them store it til Spring and the weather moderates a bit. I have heard that ETI might even open a subsidiary "branch office" in AZ soon, so we are hoping we might catch a break, and have her delivered in AZ..but that might be too much to expect. With our luck the "branch office" will open the very DAY we leave Canada

BTW we asked Linda if they could keep a big tub of Damp-Rid inside the closed-up 21 over the winter and they said it could be done..at a cost of course. WE had good luck w Damp-Rid in our Casita over-wintering, here in the 'Seatttle of the South' (Nashville) where we have more dreary, wet, crappy winter days/yr than up in WA state. ;-) WE call it the "Big Gray"
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:57 AM   #8

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post

BTW we asked Linda if they could keep a big tub of Damp-Rid inside the closed-up 21 over the winter and they said it could be done..at a cost of course. WE had good luck w Damp-Rid in our Casita over-wintering, here in the 'Seatttle of the South' (Nashville) where we have more dreary, wet, crappy winter days/yr than up in WA state. ;-) WE call it the "Big Gray"
Our 5.0TA was completed last December, stored at ETI until we picked it up in mid-April. No problems with dampness / moisture inside.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:44 AM   #9

Trailer: 21' Escape in production 12/05/19
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Our 5.0TA was completed last December, stored at ETI until we picked it up in mid-April. No problems with dampness / moisture inside.
I'm viewing December in Chilliwack as an excellent "water test" for our new trailer. : )
Gori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:34 AM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Hollybee,
I too was concerned with storage and ended up moving my completion date, but after being in Chilliwack several visits as well as Osoyoos, it is not that humid that we experience here on the east coast. Also I believe the Arizona location has taken their first Escape down there.